Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul@ctcs

Phone answering service???
« on: March 14, 2005, 04:30:33 pm »
Hello chaps,

As we become busier I'm becoming more and more paranoid about missing calls :(
When the office is empty we divert calls to Emma's mobile but reception seems limited almost everywhere, If this is the case then the answer phone takes calls but this is far from ideal and not good if clients need you asap  :-[

I'm thinking of using a answering service where an actual human (better not be Indian ;D, no offence to Indians but I'm sure you know what I mean) will answer and address the caller as if they were in my office, ask set questions, take details and then pass the info via either txt to mobile or E-mail instantly to me so I can follow it up.

If any of you have experience of this type of thing and if its worth while I would appreciate your views.

Many Thanks

Paul

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Phone answering service???
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 04:39:45 pm »
Paul Orange do a good answer service and they page you when a call has come through

Shaun

Ps you don't have to be an orange customer

paul@ctcs

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 04:52:25 pm »
Thanks Shaun,

Any idea how much Orange charge for this??

Paul

Dennis

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 04:55:38 pm »
We used 2 or 3 over the years and as well as being relatively expensive, unless they can sell your service and book jobs, in my opinion, they are not much better then an answer machine. My 2 p's worth.  ;)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 04:56:28 pm »
very cheap about £20 per month with free pager, well it's yours until you cancel then you have to send it back.

Shaun

Kevin_Gare

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2005, 05:00:13 pm »
Hi Paul/Emma

How about getting Emma's mum to babysit the office ?? That way you know that it's somebody that you can trust.

Just an idea.

Regards Kevin
Kevin
South London Geezer/working City, south London, North Kent.

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2005, 05:08:52 pm »
Or just divert the calls to Emma's Mum ???

Safe and happy calling :)
Ken

PS I get a much better response to my diverted calls to my mobile by having my daughter's message on there. It's a "Daddy's driving at the moment........." type of message.
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

John_McGavin

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2005, 05:28:41 pm »
Paul this was always my problem. I was finding that if a customer never got an answer when they called me they simply went on to the next advert in the paper / directory etc.

The diverting to my mobile works ok but sometimes Im still missing calls.

Now got it sussed though - Got the misses pregnant and she finishes work in 2 weeks to go on maternity leave - shes not intending to go back to work and has said she would manage the office for me  ;)

Result!
John, Falkirk, Scotland

Doug Holloway

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2005, 05:38:01 pm »
Hi Guys,

I divert to mobile and when on holiday to a human answering service,one I have  used for years starting with my divorce :( and trying to run my business from a phone box. :o

It is noticeable that wheras old customers , leaflets enquiries and recco's leave numbers , YP ,internet etc don't.

The best thing about getting a dedicated business line and diverting to mobile is it takes away the stress of family 'blocking' the phone etc .

Cheers,

Doug

Pureandclean

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2005, 06:03:51 pm »
I had an answering service, some years ago, an old lady who was house bound, she would answer phone, give prices for small jobs, book them in, and arrange appointments for larger jobs. It worked very well until she died, half-way through yellow pages year, her husband carried on for remainder of year, but he wasn't anywhere near as good as the old lady.
She really appreciated the commision I paid her.
That was before I had a mobile phone.

::) Blessings  ::)

Graeme

cloverclean

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2005, 09:12:17 pm »
I use vodaphone paging it works out £12.00 per month you just divert your phone to them.
They take your messages and page them to you, you do not have to be a vodaphone user.

Their number is 07699 116600

I have used them for six years.

Len Gribble

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2005, 09:52:07 pm »
Paul

Don’t use one, all call are diverted to mobile personal approach suit me, can be a bit of a pain when on holiday Europe on one hour in advance, the states woken up at 4am a pain but work is work.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2005, 07:50:54 am »
Hi Guys

All calls are diverted to my orange moblie I am very lucky and live in the heart of Cardiff so reception is great, but there are times when this happens to me but the second my phone has a reception it will text me and tell me the number that has tried to ring, I then simply ring the number tell them who I am and ask can I help. most times I still get to go and price the job.

Regards Gavin
Gavin Reardon IICRC / NCCA

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

stevegunn

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2005, 08:07:19 am »
Paul
Try to find out which mobile provider offers the best reception in your area orange was very poor in South Shields but O2 was the best.Ask in your local mobile phone shop they will be able to tell you who is the best for your area.

Matt Read

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2005, 08:28:53 pm »
i had a answering service years ago when i was between girlfriends and just dossing at mates...it was worth it then cos it was in the early days of mobiles and was the only option. Now i divert my calls to my mobile and if i'm in a bad reception area divert to vodaphones answer service.they answer with my business name, text me customer details and only charge per text so its like pay as u need it.not sure of price per text sorry...pretty good reception area here so haven't used it for a while.
Matt

ian richards

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2005, 08:59:00 pm »

Paul

I use a local company when i go away.
They charge £20pw but you have your very own secretery.
I have used them 3 times now and they are very, very good.
They em you every time they take a call!!

let me know if you want their details.

Ian

Chris R

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2006, 03:48:57 pm »
Paul Orange do a good answer service and they page you when a call has come through

Shaun

Ps you don't have to be an orange customer

Does anyone use an answering service ?
I have phoned orange but they do not do one (anymore?)

Thanks

Chris
Staffordshire

Chris_Thomas

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2006, 04:20:24 pm »
Hi
I use Vodafone Paging. Personalised answering service 24/7 £51 per quarter inc vat. Most people on switchboard seem to be Scousers!
Also has web backup to retrieve messages.
Hope this helps
Regards Chris