Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

peter holley

Re: Trolly
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2009, 11:03:03 pm »
You`ll never beat a vanmount on medium to large domestic and you`ll never beat it on commercial,it`s the first low cost step into WFP.

it depends on how many you are ;)

NWH

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2009, 11:03:50 pm »
You`ll never beat a vanmount on medium to large domestic and you`ll never beat it on commercial,it`s the first low cost step into WFP.

Come again.

ftp

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2009, 11:04:25 pm »
True, and i wouldn't want a trolley myself. But a trolley system will still do the job and not be too far behind.

NWH

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2009, 11:11:08 pm »
It would do the job true it would but as for it being not to far behind a vanmount i would disagree with that,it`s all been said before but IMO it is far far easier to just grab a hose and off you go no lifting heavy trolleys out of vehicles and they are heavy.Taking batterys in to charge etc is a hassel imagine if 1 time you forgot and had no backup you couldn`t work,they have there place but i wouldn`t ever compare them to vanmounts i`ve used backpacks in the past and would never use them over a vanmount system,endless water at the end of a hose with no worry of running out round the back of houses.The times i`ve heard customers say the last 1 used to turn up with a trolley thingy,not meaning to be snobby or knocking them to much but IMO i don`t think they look very pro.

peter holley

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2009, 11:12:35 pm »

Come again.
k

i do fronts with van mount... lad does back with back pack....and he has 2, so while hes working other back is filling!... on larger properties we both work off van mount! (this wasnt a dig, it works fdor me ) ;D

NWH

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2009, 11:16:53 pm »
The best thing a bloke said to me was if you aim to clean windows WFP get a vanmount and don`t waste your money on a trolley unless your strapped for cash,once you realise this is for you and you will you`ll be wishing you had gone straight for a vanmount.At the time the cheapest trolley option was 1k and to be honest that is a lot of money for what it does,my advise would be make your mind up before and speak to an experienced WFPoler nearly all will say vanmount unless they have awkard work where access is a real problem.For the amount a trolley will cost you a vanmount can be setup for the same.

NWH

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2009, 11:19:18 pm »

Come again.
k

i do fronts with van mount... lad does back with back pack....and he has 2, so while hes working other back is filling!... on larger properties we both work off van mount! (this wasnt a dig, it works fdor me ) ;D
I was just going to say that what your saying is the only way i could see it working with a backpack or trolley,for the amount of water they hold doing the front or back of a property it would work well but not soley on it`s own IMO.

peter holley

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2009, 11:21:57 pm »
The best thing a bloke said to me was if you aim to clean windows WFP get a vanmount and don`t waste your money on a trolley unless your strapped for cash,once you realise this is for you and you will you`ll be wishing you had gone straight for a vanmount.At the time the cheapest trolley option was 1k and to be honest that is a lot of money for what it does,my advise would be make your mind up before and speak to an experienced WFPoler nearly all will say vanmount unless they have awkard work where access is a real problem.For the amount a trolley will cost you a vanmount can be setup for the same.

i agree... but use the fastest tool for the job ;D

NWH

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2009, 11:24:09 pm »
A lad with a backpack round the back of houses i would say would be silly quick in some cases and make your day easy just doing fronts,i know how quickly you can work WFP and that as a combination would be hard to beat IMO especially if the custies are out lol. ;D

peter holley

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2009, 11:28:14 pm »
your right  ;D the speed is silly... i let him reel mine in while i collect or put a bill through....

NWH

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2009, 11:29:32 pm »
Does he work fulltime for you working using that method.

peter holley

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2009, 11:35:02 pm »
part time at the moment, but i also pay him to canvass ;D

dai

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2009, 09:17:04 pm »
I did not choose a trolley system on cost, I chose and designed it to suit my own round.
I do Conwy marina, there is no access for a van on the seaward side, I would have to have at least 200 meters of hose to use with a van mount.
The greatest part of my round is highly compact, on some jobs I don't to move the van all day.
Parking is another issue, modern estates utilise every square inch of space, you have a job to find a place to park without being in someones way.
where there are major parking problems, you can drop a couple of containers off at strategic points.
Does changing two containers take up more time than winding in a hose and moving the van?
I really doubt it.
The only difference between my system and a van mount is the amount of water at my disposal at any given time, I can put in an eight hour day and use less than ten containers, and that's on compact work, no driving time involved, the Varistream on number 2 setting is adequate for me, Jeff Brimble uses even less.
It takes 90 seconds to set up the system, for the odd stand alone job that I do, I use a backpack on a small trolley.
If I had a lot of stand alone jobs or large office blocks, I would invest in a van mount, but for my round I wouldn't change one for my system, it's horses for courses.
I spent £600 to get into WFP, that was with poles and everything, with TDS in the 50's I don't use an RO, using the two vessels in line system I keep my water costs under £1 a day.
I could have bought a ready made trolley system, but I needed one I could stand on to unlock gates, and one that could carry 50 litres and never get rusty.

dai

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2009, 09:31:47 pm »
Brilliant Dai! Makes me wonder why people spend twenty to thirty thousand pounds just to clean windows.  ???
People like you will ride out the credit crunch quite easily i would think.  :)
I see the Harris pole, what's the shorter one?
FTP The shorter one is a little telescopic mop handle, I'm sure you have seen them, they have a fluted sponge pad thing and you pull a lever down to wring them out.
Just take out the bolts that hold the lever assembly and the head on, you are left with just the pole.
And guess what? the plastic threaded bit off a metal brush handle fits perfectly in the end of the mop pole,
just use a centre punch to make a few dents to hold the threaded bit in place. That little pole is great when your doing cons that are close to a fence or wall, they close down to about 2 ft in length.

ftp

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2009, 09:42:01 pm »
Brilliant.  :)

I was looking for a Harris pole today in B&Q. Our local store doesn't do them, i must pick one up next time i'm near a larger store they are such a bargain.

matt

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2009, 09:46:22 pm »
ive got my trolley as people know

ive also now got the 400 L tank for the van, so a van mount

ive said it before, i honestly cannot see how i can get a van mount to work better than a trolley, i park up at the start of the day, i do 2 houses, pull trolley back to van, change barrel and do the next 2 houses, then my day continues, as my round is very compact, the van stays parked in the same place all day, if i used a van mount i would have to move the van down he road as i wouldnt want 100 M of hoses trailing down the road

i will have the both options and honestly cannot see how i can beat the trolley

matt

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2009, 09:46:53 pm »

I was looking for a Harris pole today in B&Q. Our local store doesn't do them, i must pick one up next time i'm near a larger store they are such a bargain.

longwell green B&Q has them in stock

ftp

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2009, 09:48:44 pm »
Ta Matt, how about Chippenham?

dai

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2009, 09:59:49 pm »

They never keep them with the window cleaning stuff, they are in the decorating dept.

matt

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2009, 10:03:52 pm »
Ta Matt, how about Chippenham?

not seen them in chippenham