Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Doing your sums
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 05:58:52 pm »
I don't intentially aim this at anyone but

If you don't advertise apart from website (which after initial set up cost near nowt) how many jobs do you get in a week/month?

I advertise in YP as well as the web also do database marketing and do 1000+ jobs a year I don't think I could keep that up if I just did web adverts.

Wondering but don't answer if you feel I'm being too nosey.

Shaun

craigp

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2009, 06:49:54 pm »
Database is something I still yet to try! I will buy cleaners mate at some point, tax bill got to come first.

Y/P I intend to go in for first time in a few years, also keeping up leaflets.

I like your pholosphy Shaun of keeping calls max so I can charge high let the cheap unprofitable work go.

Must admit I'm sceptcle about database, it really works ???

I have customers come back every year, not sure I want them on my database if they come back anyway dont want to annoy them.

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2009, 06:58:04 pm »
Honestly Craig it's a no brainer, the only thing that put me off was enetering all those names and addresses.

My Jan letter just gone out. It also has a competition on there to win a Hunter Vac. All they have to do to enter is send me their name and address....by email. ;)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2009, 07:05:56 pm »
That's a good idea Mike.

Craig database is one of the best things I do but to make them book when I want them to I do 3 for 2 etc with a cut off date of 30 days.

Shaun

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2009, 07:14:34 pm »
Well, we will see how many emails I get. I now always ask for email by offering to forward some spotting info.

I'm going to email something every 2-4 weeks, but it will be a mixture of useful stuff as well as trying to flog my wares.

craigp

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2009, 07:16:39 pm »
Thanks,

ok, Say I sent out 100 letters from a data base what sort of return could I expect?

Also when I look through old dairies what about jobs where you not got as good results as you like, still put those on database? alot of tenants just wanting deposits back too.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2009, 07:22:25 pm »
I don't do them to rentals, return varies dependant on how long it has been since last clean so 1 year old past cleans are hotter then 2, 3 and I don't do 4th year.

Shaun

clinton

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2009, 07:27:40 pm »
I also only advertise on two web sites and yell  as i came out of ypages due to a poor return.

I get a lot of repeat work as i have been going for a good number of years :)

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2009, 07:38:31 pm »
Craig

Not tried it myself but I have read the ones that got away are worth far more effort than brand new leads-especially by email as it costs you nothing. BUT I would give them an easy opt out route.