Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

clinton

My first job
« on: January 05, 2009, 10:01:09 am »
Just taken my first call for this week doing the job thursday :)

Lets hope t keeps up ???

Any one else ???

derek west

Re: My first job
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 10:15:06 am »
had 2 calls, turned them both down due to my wife being ill. unfortunately i have to look after my 2 year old till she's well enough, got a small job tomorrow for an hour, but that was booked last year, should be ok as baby sleeps til 10am and should be back before then, and the wife can get ot of bed, just about,
bluddy hard work this housekeeping lark innit?
derek

JandS

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 10:26:44 am »
2 booked for next week but nothing yet this week.
Had 1 call on Sat for a quote to do this week but she obviously found someone cheaper.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

will01

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 10:36:08 am »
damng ragin  >:(

Called at first job this morning. Car in driveway, dog in hall but no reply. Called her mobile 3 times inside 30 mins and on the 4th left a message stating that we had called but no one there. Told her that as she hadn't cancelled I would expect her call to re-book otherwise I would call her this afternoon to re-book.

These people just p me off. hadn't even the common decency to cancel or (as yet) even return my call.

Surely we must have some legal rights or is the law solely on the customers' side.

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 11:30:57 am »
First job of the year under my belt. :)

Derek, sorry to hear your Mrs is still poorly, maybe you can do some marketing inbetween looking after your daughter.

will

This happened to me on a Saturday morning job. Blatantly in. Knocked really loadly 2-3 times, some neighbours curtains were twitching. Low lifes!

venom

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 11:36:51 am »
had my first call this year about an hour ago and its booked lets hope it gets busier soon

AJB

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 11:40:21 am »
10 Jobs booked so far for wed' onwards, 2 of these booked
last year.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

derek west

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 12:08:19 pm »
mike
son!
got 3 sons, and hopefully one on the way.

derek

richy27

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 12:20:18 pm »
Phone has not rung yet this year but only my 2nd month cc. markrtting should be up to full strength by this time next week. So hopefully will get goin, dec was good though with minimal marketting as time ran out but was pleased with the work i got.

Richard

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 12:50:54 pm »
Oops sorry Derek,

Don't you want a girl?

derek west

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 01:07:00 pm »
no mike.
i'd be a nightmare when she got to dating age, vetting evry fella she brought home, and scaring them off if i didn't approve. with lads its easy. :)
anyway, i was gonna form a boy band with me as manager, 4's enough for that.
derek westlife

clinton

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 01:19:21 pm »
Derek

As mike sais least you can do some paperwork etc and hope shes ok mate :)

Well the name of the group is what you have just posted  :) 4,s enough :)

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 01:38:03 pm »
Derek

What you mean is when your lads are old enough to screw someone elses daughter you'll say 'Well done son' ;D

The Great One

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2009, 01:42:25 pm »
no mike.
i'd be a nightmare when she got to dating age, vetting evry fella she brought home, and scaring them off if i didn't approve. with lads its easy. :)
anyway, i was gonna form a boy band with me as manager, 4's enough for that.
derek westlife

I have a daughter aged 11, have already told her that I pity her first boyfriend, I shall conveniently be sharpening my rusty divers knife when he first walks in ;D

Had a council meeting this morning for their commercial dept but this is for the Pigeon mess and other such delights.

First job of the year tomorrow morning.

Regards

Martin 8)

Doug Holloway

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2009, 02:49:33 pm »
Hi Guys

I've had several enquiries today although only two has so far led to  firm jobs.

Clinton, I am moving the Manchester site up the rankings so you should get more calls.

cheers

doug

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2009, 05:16:38 pm »
not a job in sight  :'( but who cares its only work and ive got 50,000 old bricks to clean of with a brick hammer saveing me 1.20 a brick ! so my two staff will be busy even if a dont get a call for six months i have loads for them to do  ;D ;D

Ryan Smyth

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2009, 05:23:24 pm »
2 calls today booked in for surveys tomorrow so fingers crossed!!
also had  3 phonecalls from papers and such looking me to advertise with them "for a special one off price"....looks like their feeling the pinch,good news for us though ;D

Ryan

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 05:34:06 pm »
If the phone isn't ringing take a shower, drive around without your bluetooth, or stand next to your machine so you can't hear the phone, this is when I get nearly all my calls. :)

derek west

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 05:42:38 pm »
theres another one mike, but she's not well at the mo so can't do that  ;)
derek

AJB

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2009, 05:50:30 pm »
12 Jobs booked now. slightly up on last year, value wise as well.

I've always found the best way to start the year is plan any
re-decorating jobs for January, i can then guarantee not having
the time to do them.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!