Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sherco

Scotchgard
« on: January 02, 2009, 05:41:03 pm »
I did a job on Tuesday, scotchgard on a beige settee anyway got a call lunchtime today somebody had spilt a full glass of red wine on it, so i said to the lady i could be their straight away...Anyway when i got here she was a bit funny with me saying the scotchgard hadn't worked...Anyway 20mins later no sign of the red wine and a very happy customer, she thought it would roll off into a little pile onto the floor, luckily i did explain before application that its not 100% stainproof, glad i did as i was a bit worried i wouldnt get it out.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

Jim_77

Re: Scotchgard
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 08:10:21 pm »
Glad it turned out OK for you mate.

It's funny, no matter how clearly you word things some people only seem to hear what they want to hear, rather than what you're telling them.

One of my "To Do" list items is to make a little hand-out to go with protector, so they have it in writing and have no excuse to think you've wrapped their carpet/sofa in an invisible sheet of plastic.

sherco

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 08:18:35 pm »
Thanks for the reply Jim, luckily i did explain to her if she spilt anything on it just blot it rather than try and scrub it and she listened, haven't customers got a funny way of making you feel guilty for them spilling stuff onto upholstery and carpets  ???
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

Derek_Walker

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 09:49:33 pm »
The protector is normally pictured as beading up but it does not bead up on every fibre. Even if it does not bead up it is still protected.

williamx

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 05:35:09 pm »
I had to remove a red wine stain from a white carpet in October, which out out no problem, even though they had attacked it with 2001 and vanish, told them if happens again, to put terry cloth towel or kitchen roll down on it with heavy weight and draw wine out like a wick, kept damp and call me.

Well they called Boxing day, amother red wine stain, I turned up within the hour, and for some unknown reason she had poured a pound of sea salt on it ???

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 05:41:00 pm »
That's another way to wick it up. Acts like a poultice.

williamx

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 06:32:35 pm »
never come across it before and it didn't seen to have absorbed any of the wine either

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 06:37:16 pm »
   Try ordinary saxo salt, think you will find it more absorbant than the shiney scrached sea salt.

Andrew

John Kelly

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 07:29:02 pm »
Always wary of this as salt is used to set dyes when dying fabrics.