This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

richywilts

VAN FROZE UP FOR FIRST TIME
« on: January 01, 2009, 05:58:16 pm »
alrite happy new year guys iv just checked me van for fist time since before xmas n its all froze up this is my first winter so should i stick a heater in and hope it all thaws out, the pump sounded like it was working then stopped.its an ionic system iv covered it in a duvet is this normal?

is there anything i should try and do??

any comments would be appreciated
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

RO-Sheen

Re: VAN FROZE UP FOR FIRST TIME
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 06:06:27 pm »
Hi Richey

Covering it with a duvet helps but it would be better to have an oil filled radiator in the van. I have a Ionics pro5 system and nights like this I place my radiator as close to the RO as possible and on the lowest setting. Never had a frozen pipes since!
You need to protect the RO as it has a mesh inside. As this mesh will be wet it will freeze and the water in it will expand and rip the mesh.
I got my oil filled electric radiator 2 winters ago from Robert Dyas for under £30.
Formerly known as GARGAAX

Jeff Brimble

Re: VAN FROZE UP FOR FIRST TIME
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 06:28:46 pm »
Pump can be thawed out slowly and is designed to withstand being frozen solid.Unlike any RO systems. The hoses and everything else need thawing, I doubt a small heater will do it you may have to strip it all apart and bring indoors.
Another week of freezer like tempratures like this, will cause some serious problems.