Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

robert meldrum

Re: The CFR 400
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2009, 06:32:23 pm »
Try NOT rinsing your clothes after washing and you might be surprised at the difference,

Andy Foster

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2009, 10:26:17 pm »

I also have a cfr perfect heat 500 which is a good machine as it has the twin vacuums but the filters block quicker and the machine is bigger and more cumbersome.

will sell my 500 machine as soon as i can be bothered to ebay it! looking for £600 machine only

I have a 400 and it is great, would be interested in the 500 Stu... any give on the price as I have a fair old jaunt to come and pick it up? (£500 cash on collection any good?)

Andy

rob fryer

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2009, 11:40:12 am »
 I have a 400 that i bought very cheap and did a refurb on it the machine does a good job but two points that make me dislike this type of machine are if you spray your wand into a clear container after using for even a short while the fluid looks dirty so thats going back into the carpet also if you prespray your carpet and add acid rince to the tank how does that get rid of the prespray, i know the acid will change the prespray but does it stop it becoming sticky residue on the carpet then causing prem resoiling.

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2009, 12:35:53 pm »
Rob

The chemistry used in CFR recycling machines is well tested and used, and residual problems from an acid rinse isn't an issue.

As for discoloured water from the wand, yes it does happen but is not a problem.  You get the same at sewerage works and I've seen people on TV drink it :o

I was cleaning the filters in our dishwasher a few days ago, and it made me think of the CFR. The cleaning cycle uses a detergent, just like our prespray. The rinse cycle uses a rinse aid, just like we do. But for conventional rinse/extract it is a total loss operation, just like in a shower. But for CFR and our dishwashers, the same rinse is used several times. We don't have a problem with eating our food from plates that have been rinsed with filtered recycled water, so why the problem with cleaning carpets? We even bath and wash our "delicate bits" in standing dirty water and we don't have a problem with that either.  In all of these cases, the technology and practicalities are proven, it's just a case of us having the confidence to accept a different method to that we are familiar with.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

stu_thomson

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2009, 08:41:41 pm »
I look at it as if you were mopping a hard floor, you would start with clean mop and bucket of clean water+ dertergent, start mopping floor, when mop gets dirty you plunge mop in water which is now contamitated and start again, you continue this theoretically cleaning with dirty water untill floor area finished.

We dont have a problem with that do we? so why with the cfr, as long as the filters are still doing their job it works and it works well!

However i think the cfr works at its best without using detergents/ acid rinses but microsplitters/colloids and fresh water rinse.

stu
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!

rob fryer

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2009, 09:27:00 am »
Thanks ken and stu you both make good points will try micro spliters,do they wook well with heat as im looking to upgrade to prowler later this year.
Thanks rob 

clinton

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2009, 12:40:10 pm »
Hi rob

Sounds like your getting into it as i saw your poston the other section.

Good luck mate :)

Clinton

Brendan B

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2009, 04:54:51 pm »

Guys the feedback has been 100%

One thing i have on my mind is with the cfr 400 having the single vac how can it perform as good as the perfect heat or similar machines, surley one of the things you look for in a machine is the vacs.  It might clean the same if not better but with the over all job with the better vacs the job would be completed alot quicker by being dryer quicker.

cheers again

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2009, 09:13:06 pm »
Brendan

From speaking to respected colleagues who own CFR 400's, there's no problem with single vacs. The only limitation is not on performance, either rinse or extract, but the length of hose. I'm led to believe that it's advised a max of 70 ft for a single vac machine and about 130ft for a twin vac, but I stand to be corrected.  70 ft is plenty for any portable, I rarely use more than 75ft with my van mounted potty.

I gather that with CFR, the wand came first. It performed exceptionally well. But on a portable the water consumption was too great. So they designed the CFR around the wand. At the recommended hose lengths on the 400, the extraction is barely improved, if at all, with a twin vac.  They even have models that run at 700 and 1000psi on single vacs :o  I've heard of a couple of cases where a vac went down on the 500psi model. It was disconnected on site and run as a single with no difference in drying! I was told that the twin vac is in the UK for marketing rather than performance reasons (ie us Brits can't get our heads around it)  In the States, our twin vac CFR is sold as a single vac with a bigger pump (700psi) which they say is a better. performer.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

clinton

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2009, 09:48:18 pm »
Brendan

Just another advantage of having two vacs is if one goes down in the middle of a job least you have another to finish the job :)

Brendan B

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2009, 07:12:04 pm »
brendan, Im on my 2nd cfr 400 and i think its a great machine especially if you go for the one with heater on it.

If you are new to the cfr machines though the recycling bit takes alittle time to get your head round.

If a good bulk of your work is commercial though, the filters will block quickly and i would opt for a different machine, however it will go on all day on residential before having to clean filters.

I also have a cfr perfect heat 500 which is a good machine as it has the twin vacuums but the filters block quicker and the machine is bigger and more cumbersome.

will sell my 500 machine as soon as i can be bothered to ebay it! looking for £600 machine only

regards
stu

Hi Stu

I might be interested in the machine you have for sale, can you email me at bbreennew@hotmail.com

Cheers.