Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Brendan B

The CFR 400
« on: January 01, 2009, 03:58:08 pm »

Hi folks,

I am looking at buying a cfr 400 and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with one, with the water getting recycled up to 7 times surely that has to be a great help or is it?

I will be selling myself on `Green`and i think the cfr would be a good selling point on reusing the water over and over.

The other machine I have in mind is the perfect heat, just got a mail from them guys bout week ago and they are doing a good offer on it at the min, again would anyone have any experience with this machine?

Cheers

stu_thomson

Re: The CFR 400
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 04:51:21 pm »
brendan, Im on my 2nd cfr 400 and i think its a great machine especially if you go for the one with heater on it.

If you are new to the cfr machines though the recycling bit takes alittle time to get your head round.

If a good bulk of your work is commercial though, the filters will block quickly and i would opt for a different machine, however it will go on all day on residential before having to clean filters.

I also have a cfr perfect heat 500 which is a good machine as it has the twin vacuums but the filters block quicker and the machine is bigger and more cumbersome.

will sell my 500 machine as soon as i can be bothered to ebay it! looking for £600 machine only

regards
stu
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!

Brendan B

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 07:58:48 pm »

Thanks for your reply!

Yeah im really considering the CFR, even though ive never used one im just getting good fed back about them.  What I would like to do is try a rotovac on one for domestic jobs, get the job done alot quicker and easier overall impressing the cust from the word go.

stu_thomson

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 09:50:27 pm »
brendan, the cfr 400 is really designed to be used with cfr equipment ie roller/glide/wonder wand, (airflow) I think that the 1 vacuum motor on the 400 would not be enough to achieve a satisfactory result with the rotovac (not enough suck) hense wet carpets and unhappy customers

stu
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!

Derek_Walker

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 05:52:59 am »
I would agree with Stu, and would only use cfr tools for the 400 because of the lack of vacuum power. Apart from that they are not a bad little machine, especially for upholstery.

Joe H

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 07:29:48 am »
The Perfect Heat with twin vac motors should be ok with rotovac, but the Wonderwand with CFR is a great combination IMO.
I used to have the CFR500 Pro .
One of the previous posters was selling a perfect heat - worth having a chat with him if thats the way you want to go.

C A Payne

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 12:40:40 pm »
brendon, hi! i have both the CFR pro-500 p/h & the 400 with port-a-heat, strongly recomend the wonder wand & cfr tools & cfr cleaning products... both machines are extremely good in there productivity, drying times are quicker, plus no continued dumping & refilling...   i mostly use the 400 machine, the 500 i use as a back up or for larger jobs.... make sure though that if you get a cfr system, you'll need to keep the main filter pristinly clean, wax on carpets can block the filter, so you'll need to remove & flush separatly... the 400 is well adequate for any job, the single vac has no bearing on the quality of performance, because of the way that it is designed to work with the wand & tools...  would not recommend using a rotovac with this system though...  regards charlie

JandS

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 01:22:59 pm »
Sounds like a lot of messing about to me cleaning filters.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Joe H

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 02:37:05 pm »
Thats the way it has to be John, with the CFR.

Constant Flow Recycling - uses the same water over again, so filter cleanliness is imperative.
Not such a big deal on vast majority of domestics.
Problem when you get to filthy dirty pub type carpets.

Depends what your market is.

C A Payne

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 02:37:25 pm »
all carpet cleaning systems need a certain amount of cleaning & maintainance for them to run smoothly! regards charlie... ;D

JandS

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 03:25:47 pm »
Doesn't this degrade the integrity of the chemicals?

Regards
           John

Joe H

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2009, 03:34:41 pm »
there are "special" fluids available from Amtech and CFR suppliers.

With me, mostly it was in the prespray and agitation, then rinse with plain water.

C A Payne

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2009, 03:49:13 pm »
joe, hi mate! additional; with the cfr system to maintain the purity of its workings, the product defoam "thats cfr's defoam" not only manages the foam build up in the tank, but it also relines & lubricates the inside of the system... of all the products that crf & one step produce, its defoam that i use the most... regards charlie ;D

C A Payne

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2009, 03:54:02 pm »
joe, i was very impressed with your van & the warp on it.. i think that with my next van, i'll got down that route... all the best charlie ;D

JandS

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2009, 03:56:36 pm »
Rinse with plain water?
Heard about it on here before does it really work?

Regards
          John

C A Payne

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2009, 03:58:47 pm »
yep! ;)

derek west

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2009, 04:20:05 pm »
john
i thought it strange to rinse with plain water, but thought about it and don't see why not.
imagine your hands are filthy, you pre spray with what will get the soil loose, i.e. fairy liguid or swarfeega, then u agitate and rinse under the tap.
i still don't rinse with plain water because i like to neutralise the alcali with an acidic,(rightly orwrongly thats how i was taught) but thought other than that, why not?
derek

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2009, 05:05:59 pm »
Only rinse with plain tap water if your pre-spray is designed for this. For conventional detergents, a plain water rinse will probably remove most of the soil but not the invisible-to-the-eye pre-spray detergent. Residual problems could follow.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

JandS

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2009, 06:00:40 pm »
Good way of putting it Derek but:

9 months ago I did 2 office carpets and extracted with Crystal Green, not bad results on LP carpet and Office Manager was pleased enough as she authorised payment.
Went back 7 weeks later to do more work for them and by this time I had discovered Double Clean.
Did hallways and stairs and they came up beautiful.
My point is that if one chemical makes so much difference over another mixed with water then plain water isn't going to have any impact at all.
Or am I missing something?
Just curious.

Regards
          John

Joe H

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2009, 06:12:11 pm »
Its the cleaning fluids that the manufacturers design to be used as a prespray and are not high ph that can be rinsed using plain water.
If you prespray with high ph then it would be wise to use an acid rinse like Prochem fibre & fabric rinse or Hydramaster Clear Water rinse.
I have now started to use the latter, because it is good for descaling the TM inward parts as it passes thro the system, and it only needs a weak solution. But I dont always add CWR, depends on what prespray I used.
MS, M-Power and Nemesis are ok just as plain water rinse, and I use them sometimes, as I do Liquid Woolsafe.