This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Chris Cottrell

water froze on the glass
« on: December 30, 2008, 08:55:34 pm »
I will admit it was a touch on the chilly side today but that doesnt normally stop me cleaning windows, but 1 house I went to today did make me stop n think cos the house windows were absolutly fine as you would expect but the conservatory was an entirely different matter all together, it wasnt heated, the glass had frost on the outside & not really thinking about it I set about wfp'ing it & jees it froze within 30 secs , really made me think of you guys with hot systems cos it took me 25 mins to do the conservatory alone

Klean07

Re: water froze on the glass
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 09:05:37 pm »
I don't work if temp is not above 1 or 2c. Waste of time really. Because it can be above zero on the sunny part of house but wheres theres no sun its more likely to be below. Hence the water starting to freeze.
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 09:06:39 pm »
must admit this conservatory was on the shaded side

tacky

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 10:00:47 pm »
this happens to cons often when its freezing .when i put water on window n it starts to freeze .i just scrim the rest dry .its usually only on cons as they have heating turned off .

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 10:04:04 pm »
It's when my brush gets rested on a cill and I can't lift it off because it's stuck (iced up) that I worry! ;D
It's a game of three halves!

pingu

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 07:44:21 am »
it's -7.5 here at the moment I just tried for giggle to do my own house...laugh, I nearly bought a round...brush head froze....

Dean Taberner

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 08:33:53 am »
Why not use IPA?

I havent frozen yet.

I even put it into my soapy water for when I trad the bottom windows.

Dean
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk