This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jjames

My Nissan Primastar
« on: December 30, 2008, 11:19:22 am »
Hi all

I bought my van new in 2003 and up until now it has only had minor problems but today with 56 k on the clock I have just been told it needs a new gear box master cylinder at £530 approx inc labour. They think this will solve the problem but as they can't get at anything with out stripping the gear box it might be more as well. I now have this feeling it is going downhill fast and it is time to trade it in. Which van would you sy is best for reliability

Justin

Slash

Re: My Nissan Primastar
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 12:14:06 pm »
Yes,I had a Vivaro last year and the same thing happened,got it fixed and then GOT SHOT OF IT,never again,very common problem with Vivaros,Traffic and Primstar,now have a Transit and is the bees knees but I won't get too carried away yet ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 01:33:30 pm »
what are you getting noises from the gearbox
P&R Window Cleaning

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 03:03:56 pm »
Which van would you sy is best for reliability

Justin
Anything Japanese, although you won't get much better than what you've got.
Just unlucky really.

For god's sake don't buy any Fiats or Peugeots!

jjames

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 03:17:14 pm »
No noises from the gearbox just a dodgy clutch which is being caused by the gear box and difficulty changing into gear when cold. Took me ten minutes to get into reverse the other day.

JJ

jaykie

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 03:30:12 pm »
when you put the clutch down is it making a loud noise, as this happened to me last week and i got a new clutch £595

poole bay

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 09:56:18 pm »
mate the master cyliner you can buy one of them for a traffic for 35 to 45 pound and to do that im paying one hundred pound £500 your being done mate!!

jjames

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 10:53:58 am »
Hi Carl

I am going to speak to another garage although I do trust the garage im using the master cylinder is £65 and they say that the job is listed by nissan to take approx 8 hours. I will go and see the nissan garage and see what they say.

JJ

poole bay

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 04:13:54 pm »
where abouts are you i can give you my garage number if it saves you some cash my van is doing my head in i cant even hardly get it in gear i have just had a new clutch £560 ??? iv only had it 6 weeks..

Slash

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 04:37:26 pm »
where abouts are you i can give you my garage number if it saves you some cash my van is doing my head in i cant even hardly get it in gear i have just had a new clutch £560 ??? iv only had it 6 weeks..
You could buy a new van for that! ;D ;D ;D