This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pingu

Re: Anyone working this week?
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2008, 07:34:22 am »
postponed my 29th & 30th until the New year as the temps here are dropping it's -5.7deg here (08:30am)..it's been like that for a couple of days and the day temps hover around -1 so as the water hits the ground it will freeze in an instant.

Now given that I have never really done much trad, well not when it's this cold how do you guys cope ? (this is not a dig but an innocent question :-).

Dave.

ftp

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2008, 07:46:48 am »
So you've not tried the magic isopropanol in Holland? Some say a coke can of the stuff is all you need.

pingu

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2008, 07:50:30 am »
Trouble is that I have heard some many contradicting stories about iso ..ranging from the technical that states that minute amounts will have no affect to those who believe it is a magic cure all.

My van is fine I plug it in at night and a timer heats the van during the night and in the morning I can get into it and it is toasty warm...but my main worry is water freezing as it hits the ground causing a very serious hazard.

Cheers
Dave.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2008, 08:22:34 am »
Filled my truck up and off to work. 2C so cold but not freezing and the hoses are all fine and ready to go.  Hard to get going after a few days off though, I'll feel sorry for those going back after 2 weeks.

Simon.

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2008, 08:24:32 am »
I'm just about to leave the house now ( 8.22am ) to do a night club we do every day ( contract clean ) and then I've the windows to do on two residential homes and a few shops and I'll see how I feel after that ............ it's still Christmas time after all  ;)
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

Xline Systems

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2008, 09:14:26 am »
back to normal! got thursday off :-\

mick hay

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2008, 10:21:40 am »
Went out, 1st house, brush kept on freezing, ok on the sunny side but any shade, that was it..so.......home now... >:( >:( >:(

To rub salt into the wound, on the way home they said on the radio....  -4 tonight, and next week down to -13!!!!!

OMFG

windowswashed

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2008, 12:33:24 pm »
Work to live, not live to work. Loads of work behind, not going back until 5 January. It's Xmas holiday, entitled to a break just like everyone else. Customers will understand. Customers don't really want to see me turn up on their doorstep cleaning their windows during the holiday.

niceandclean

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2008, 01:16:22 pm »
Went out, 1st house, brush kept on freezing, ok on the sunny side but any shade, that was it..so.......home now... >:( >:( >:(

To rub salt into the wound, on the way home they said on the radio.... -4 tonight, and next week down to -13!!!!!

OMFG

-13?? I have never experienced it as cold as that in this country!!

ftp

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2008, 01:51:56 pm »
Did a handfull this morning but everyone seems a bit grumpy. Had a phantom sill wiper just after i'd finished so she wound me up, small school to do but locked out then another miserable old woman who said "not today it's Cristmas after all!"

john tomkins

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2008, 02:09:09 pm »

To rub salt into the wound, on the way home they said on the radio.... -4 tonight, and next week down to -13!!!!!

OMFG

Supposed to have been -27.2 in the UK in 1995 :o
www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/understanding/uk_records.shtml

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2008, 02:52:42 pm »
Done all my regulars. Everybodys smiling and happy, picked up a new one and even got a fiver tip. Warmer than they said as well.

Simon.

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2008, 03:02:00 pm »
Work to live, not live to work. Loads of work behind, not going back until 5 January. It's Xmas holiday, entitled to a break just like everyone else. Customers will understand. Customers don't really want to see me turn up on their doorstep cleaning their windows during the holiday.

You must be living comfortable  ;D
P&R Window Cleaning

AuRavelling79

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2008, 03:21:54 pm »
10.30 to 4.30 tomorrow Tuesday (Old people's home and a block of flats) then off 'til Jan5th
It's a game of three halves!

windowswashed

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2008, 04:05:02 pm »

You must be living comfortable  ;D

There's more to life than money, like a life :)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2008, 04:23:03 pm »

OMFG

It won't happen.
Don't believe the hype.

Lowest for the daytimes is forecast to be about 5c.
18 less at night? Yeah right. ::)

seandyer2003

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2008, 05:28:05 pm »
Full day planned for Tuesday and a little on Wed assuming it ain't too miserable ;) Then it's Monday 5th and the fun starts again in earnest. God I hate January :'(

exact same here :)

elite mike

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2008, 05:32:18 pm »

OMFG

hi there

i the early 80 s we had a recorded temp of -29 here :o

was not much fun

gary999

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2008, 05:48:21 pm »
worked 10-3 got all my work done plus £11 tips and a new
customer people seemed to be in a really good mood :)

peter holley

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2008, 05:57:50 pm »
worked 10-3 got all my work done plus £11 tips and a new
customer people seemed to be in a really good mood :)

worked 10-2 then knocked doors for a while....5 new custies ;D....and that is my pattern for the rest of the week, apart from thursday ;D