Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ryan Smyth

Re: Phone ringing alot quicker after Christmas than expected
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2008, 03:26:37 am »
Good call Doug

Ryan

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2009, 08:55:27 pm »
Anyway, back to the subject heading if that's ok >:(
Our phone has been going on average 5 times a day, but no-one wants to leave a message on the ansa machine. Must be potential customers as family/friends know we will pick the phone up if they start speaking when asked to.
We did pick up 2 calls (pre-emting) family but these 2 wanted carpet cleaning the next day ;D ;D "Sorry too busy having a well earnt rest"

clinton

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2009, 10:13:35 pm »
Think the phones will start to ring next week when the trees go  down and kids go back to school ???

Well hope so :)

Joe H

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2009, 07:38:35 am »
Anyway, back to the subject heading if that's ok >:(
Our phone has been going on average 5 times a day, but no-one wants to leave a message on the ansa machine. Must be potential customers as family/friends know we will pick the phone up if they start speaking when asked to.
We did pick up 2 calls (pre-emting) family but these 2 wanted carpet cleaning the next day ;D ;D "Sorry too busy having a well earnt rest"

I too felt like I needed that hard earned rest.

However, when I got a message on 28th, I responded that evening and cleaned the carpets first thing Monday morning.
Couldnt turn down a job - I think 2009 is going to be tougher then 08, and I need every lead I can get.

As it was this was  a bought to let flat, and the owner and his mates have a few of them!
So one door leads to a few more  ;)

clinton

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2009, 08:03:00 am »
Dont think il turn much work down either unless its really trashed ;D

carpet_care

« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2009, 07:33:49 pm »
I am quite pleased with the calls so far after xmas ,dont want to be the kiss of death but worked all day 29 th half day 30th , all day today 4 jobs on tomorrow .

Quite a bit booked in for next week aswell and a couple of commercial jobs which can be done when i am ready

Probably all go pear shaped now i,ve said that  :-X

I think its time to just be a bit more flexible about fitting in around peoples schedules but I am hoping like has been posted before people will get things cleaned rather than replacing .

Did a job for my local carpet retailer at his house first week in december, I was busy while he said it was dead ,could be a sign people are cleaning rather than replacing. :)

Good luck all Andy Locke / Melling Carpet Care.