Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

peekeclean

vivaro tank fitting
« on: December 27, 2008, 10:01:16 pm »
has anyone got a vivaro and how did you fit your tank as iv been told it would be a hard job with the way the fueltank is.
i want to put a 650lt tank in.

any pic would be good.

thanks joe

NWH

Re: vivaro tank fitting
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 10:49:11 pm »
Get the fitting kit you need and go to a good garage-engineering firm,if they know there stuff moving the fueltank to fit it is a piece of cake.

poole bay

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 07:13:01 pm »
the fixing kits you buy mate would not bother, i have 2 metal straps that go over the 650 ltr tank and they are a waste of time and money dont go straight in to the floor to its like butter i have a traffic and i still have not got my tank in i think the best way is to buy a tank and cage built in and get pure freedoom to do it the only thing is then you are paying over the odds thats the best way to do it just get some one to do it for you so start saving hope that helps ;D

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 09:36:50 pm »
Hi Joe,

Whats wrong with the way I showed you in my Courier?  My method will destroy the van chassis before it lets the tank go, and you should be able to fit it in almost any van.

Cheers,

Ian

poole bay

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 09:46:34 pm »
hi there mate can you show me the way you did it you got any pics

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 10:05:02 pm »
If there are chassis members each side of the tank that can be accessed from above, put in two heavy (min4mm) angle irons, one at the front and one at the back of the tank and bolt them down through the accessible chassis members with high tensile bolts (at least 12mm dia).  You can then attach whatever caging/strapping system you prefer along the upright web of the angle iron.

peekeclean

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 10:37:30 pm »
hi ian there is nothing wrong with the way you have done yours mate, it just the guy who is going to fit my tank has told me that the vivaro is a pain to fit the tank because the fuel tank is big and you will have to drop it to fit it.
Just wanted to see how others have been done.
I want to get the new shape expert/dispatch/scudo really but none have been in the garage near you, but they do have a lot of vivaro in.
so it was just a thought.

if i can do it your way i will as i like the idear that the angle iron stops any sliding.

thanks joe

poole bay

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 04:16:56 pm »
the tank on a traffic is easy to drop 4 bolts make sure you do it on a empty tank as if you have a £5 worth when your under there undoing the bolts it is really hard to lift back up and it will pull on the inlet tube.

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 04:29:32 pm »
Here is a tip for you on dropping tanks.

Get a trolley jack and a piece of wood as near to the size of the tank as you can.  Put the wood on the trolley jack and get it into position so that it takes the weight of the tank. Be carefull not to put any real pressure on the tank. You just want it to take the load. Undo the bolts and then lowe the tank enough to get your bolts in. You normally just have to lower it a bit. Not remove it.

Drill holes and bolt up.  Job done  :)

Andrew

jeff1

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2009, 01:07:59 pm »
has anyone got a vivaro and how did you fit your tank as iv been told it would be a hard job with the way the fueltank is.

any pic would be good.

thanks joe
Have a look at this topic, it has some pictures of tank installation but nothing about tank dropping.
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=61284.20

David Slater

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2009, 05:04:09 pm »

any pic would be good.

thanks joe

You're correct.

Due to the way the Vivaro fuel tank is moulded around the chassis you'll have to drop it to fit your bolts/anchors.

Its not hard to do.....but if you're unsure, its best to get someone to do it for you.