Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simonwonder

has anyone tried ?
« on: December 27, 2008, 09:28:19 pm »
hi all has anyone tried joe polish marketing in the uk with any success asa am looking for a new angle and wonered if his stuff works for anyone . i've seen it advertised on the altech network and wondered if it is as good as it says
thanks in advance
simon

Mike Halliday

Re: has anyone tried ?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 09:12:22 am »
I'm surprised no one has answered as lots on here have bought the JP marketing pack from Alltec and had great success.

its good stuff if you use it (and when you've paid £4000+ you need to use it) But I think it works because it gets you to commit a certain amount of time to marketing.

i think if you get any basic marketing and put time into it you will a result.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

mark shannon

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 09:22:00 am »
Bought the basic JP pack direct from Piranha a few years back about £400 but far more expensive now.

Good stuff and some ideas adapted work well.

Mikes right you need to use it no good sitting on shelf. Reminds you of simple things you should be doing and inspirational.

I think the ideas to pick 5 or 6 ideas and then relentlessly market.

Don't know anything about ALLTECS fast-track though.

derek west

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 11:02:25 am »
unless your a sales rep type person, this won't work for you, you have to be a full time pushy sales person, ive got the books from a neighbour of a job i did, said i could borrow them, took a look and its not for me, my ethos on marketing is to see my clients as friends not targets.
not knocking joe polish method but its far too pushy for my persona and so i couldn't go there.
derek
ps... i didn't read it all so maybe i've not got the whole picture but it just reminded me of double glazing salereps and the lengths they'd go to get a sale.

pps... i don't think people are as gullible as they were in the 80's but i'm sure theres still a lot out there that are. go get em stevie.

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 11:34:35 am »
Derek

I can see you in a shiny suit. ;D

I disagree with most of what you say about JP.

clinton

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 11:38:53 am »
If i was a newbie id put my money into other directions ie better machines van etc rather than spen lots on the marketing system mate. :)

Just my opinion and i would do the same if i was starting up :)

Good luck

derek west

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2008, 11:46:24 am »

I disagree with most of what you say about JP.

with MOST?, mike

so which bits do you agree with ;D

i'll be honest mike, i only glanced through the book and that was my conclusion.
so apologies if i got the wrong end of the stick with jp's methods.
derek

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2008, 11:55:45 am »
Whilst £400 is a lot perhaps when you start, in the grand scheme of things £400 is bvgger all.

Say you learn some simple things that you didn't know before-

Asking good questions to find out about the customer and build rapport

Telling them the value of the service before you give a price

Structuring the price at three levels.

Not saying a word until they answer

Learning some basic rebuttals and turnarounds to the standard rejections.

Over a career in CC how much extra do you think doing these SALES things make?

If you offer a good service, why lose a potential Client for life to the other guy, just because you prefer to 'play it by ear'  That's just lazy in my eyes.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2008, 12:06:08 pm »
Like most things in sales you get the lead and the customer is wanting to buy it is up to you how much you push this customer to buy from you and I think that's a personal thing not a marketing program thing.

Joe Polish or any other program will give you ideas and a point to shoot at as opposed to peppering all and sundrie, it's all about focussing.

Shaun

PS you have to believe in it because if you don't the guarantee won't work.

from edge2edge

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2008, 12:31:32 pm »
Simon the last time i spoke to you you only had the rugdoctor so i assume you have or will be investing in a quality machine to go with this increased level of marketing.Regards Alan Turner(swindon)

simonwonder

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2008, 01:52:54 pm »
hi alan
new year new me new ideas

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2008, 02:04:00 pm »
Simon concentrate on the sales and then do the machine later it then the machine will be self financing.

Shaun

jasonl

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2008, 02:08:42 pm »
I had a long chat 3 years ago with Joe polish at a cc show in Las Vegas, I say chat, mind , I could hardly get a word in , he is your stereotypical American salesman , and seemed desperate to get me to part with several thousand dollars. The concept is good but I felt there were more cost effective marketing methods. My advice to any new starter would be to get the very best machine any cc outfit can get .....
A Marketing Machine.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2008, 02:23:02 pm »
JP is not a good salesman, but he does get out there and sell.

Most people don't recognise a good salesman because their view of what that is, is false.

Have you ever had a conversation with a 'salesman' about a high ticket item and at the start you really weren't sure it was for you, you did most of the talking and by the end felt you'd convinced yourself that it was definately, absolutely what you NEEDED and you wanted it there and then?

That's a good salesman in action, but the best? With the best you will feel the same way six months into your purchase and go back for more.

clinton

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2008, 03:18:32 pm »
Am with jason with this one.

A really good machine set up is vital now and i would go down he same route if i was a newbie :)

Len Gribble

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2008, 03:39:56 pm »
A mate of mine used JP years ago he was also invited to be a founder member of the ncca that how long ago it was, he bump ncca and made a considerable few bob. :-X

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

carlton care

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2008, 04:31:22 pm »
Little Joe was a carpet cleaner who saw an opportunity and dived in. Virtually everything in the Pirranha marketing package has been plageurised, or modified from marketing concepts that stretch back a hundred years and more.

Human behaviour doesn't change, we are still driven by the same forces as we always have been and always will be.

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2008, 06:57:13 pm »
You are pretty much right there Carlton Care. What he did do well was figure out that people like to be spoon fed specifics. So a standard trick is to take generic material and apply it to a specific market.

So you get the CD/DVD and he says step one - here's a leaflet template for CC tried and tested, put your info on the bottom. Step two this is how a CC can develop their own unique selling proposition.

Rather than general marketing stuff that you could figure out how to do, but most can't be arsed or not got the aptitude.

carlton care

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2008, 08:00:14 pm »
The old 80 / 20 rule kicks in !!!

simonwonder

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2008, 08:58:42 pm »
hi jasonl
not quite sure what you mean
would you be saying get the marketing right and the machine can follow or are you saying get the best machine outthere and the work will come 
i'm confused
 simon