This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tolzy82

carpet cleanning!
« on: December 27, 2008, 07:04:46 pm »
thinking of going on a course in the new year and do it as well as my window cleaning! Anyone on here do as well? Do u reccomend it!
Cheers!

Brian B

Re: carpet cleanning!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 09:50:15 pm »
I carpet clean as well as windows, carpets pay more per hour but you have to work harder to get the work and setup costs are much higher.  One of the problems that I had at the begining was organising my week, I now have two/three days on windows and fit in soffit & gutters and carpets on the remaining days.  One thing though you have to get yourself on a course before you go near any carpets, look at Prochem, Altec and the NCCA they all run good courses.

Good luck and go for it.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 09:59:46 pm »
I went the other way to you, started off carpet cleaning then moved in to window cleaning and other cleaning.

The outlay and running costs for a professional carpet cleaning business is way more than window cleaning, and depending upon your area it can be a very competitive industry.

A good course is a must as carpets can be easily ruined if not correctly cleaned,  you'll also need full treatment risk insurance in case you ruin a carpet or suite.

jsm

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 06:09:37 am »
Yes I do both , just make sure you get a good machine like a ninja ( full set up about £2500 new ) and do the course , its easy , most of the things are comman sense !

you will have to advetise in yellow pages or leaflet drop if you want to make any good money tho' which can cost a bit .

I find the work comes all or nothing , one min you keep looking at the phone to see if its working , next min you cant keep it in your pocket for calls - most of the time when you have the 50ft pole out in a strong wind !!!
You will look at the diary on a monday and say '' not much in this week - easy week on the windows  :)'' next thing the phone will go a few times and you rushing round like a loon working eve's and sat's trying to get it all done  :o

you can make more money than windows if you book your jobs in right .

John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout