Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sherco

New van
« on: December 27, 2008, 11:57:28 am »
I plan to get a new van soon, as my vauxhall combo is a bit small. Dont want a renault traffic or vivaro as everybody i know have had loads of trouble with them...I have been looking at the Peugeot Expert has anybody got one of these? And whats it like, is it big enough to do domestic cc with all the gear in the back. Thanks Andrew
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

Andrew Briscoe

Re: New van
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 12:48:28 pm »
Think  Dave Ingram had a truckmount in one, pics where on another forumct.

Would be a step up, however i think you can never have enough room.

I am in process of putting Bane tanks and reels in my hiace, alongside my recoil (scorpion)

Hope to be up and running after new year with it.

Andrew

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 01:46:53 pm »
Yes, the new shape Expert is a good spacious van and also has a dual passenger seat.

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 02:34:22 pm »
The new Peugot Expert is perhaps a couple of inches longer on the load deck than my older shape Citroen Dispatch. The new LWB Expert has a fair bit more useful space.

As for what you can carry, here's a link to a piccy on an earlier post I made on CIU a few months ago. The spare space at the back of the van is for my coiled hoses: 125ft of 2" vac + solution hoses.

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=63526.20

When we've been in Greece and Australia, one of the most popular brands is Hyundai, who are the sixth largest manufacturer in the world. Their new vehicles are impressive. My wife was impressed with their SUV model so she bought one. It has exceeded our expectations in every department. They are bringing in a new van in the new year that has been available overseas for quite a while (so must be proven) It looks not too dissimilar to a Vito.  Pricing is always competitive with Hyundai, and our car is turning out to be more reliable and durable than my brothers Range Rover Sport, and about £30k cheaper too 8)

Being a new model, it may be more difficult to negotiate a better price, but it may be worth trying.

http://www.hyundai.co.uk/newCars/iLoad/

Safe and happy driving :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 04:48:20 pm »
the new expert isnt as good as the old one its heavyer on the fuel and you have to rev the guts out of it to get any where , my hubby had an 57 reg one with was top of the range with all the toys

after haveing it for 6 months and doing 70k in the thing he traded it for a 58 reg swb transit (trend) which pulls better and is better on fuel

DK

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 04:53:50 pm »
I have three new experts, i have had the 1.9 diesel in the past but are awfull, the same van with the 2litre hdi is the business, im sure its 115bhp. goes very well.

Regards

David
Dry Fusion (SCOTLAND)

sherco

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 04:54:07 pm »
A builder i do loads of tiling for has a new transit every couple of years and he loves them, so haven't ruled transits out could be an option.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 05:06:52 pm »
nothing gone wrong with my traffic sport, LWB, so far but then only had it 7 months.
hope your wrong.
derek

from edge2edge

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 05:48:23 pm »
ive done 60k in my 56 reg transit with no problems mine would benefit from a side door though  Alan(swindon)

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 05:58:22 pm »
thing is we see the bad side of vans due to the miles my hubby and his staff puts on them,  we have an older style expert i flat 1.9d on a 54 reg with 270k on the clock and its never had a spanner on the engine

now the two hdi ones we had were poop one had a brand new engine fitted after 6 months and the other drop the head at 170k

so much so we got anthor 06 reg flat 1.9 that now done 187k and is still going well

his v reg sprinter now as 690k on the clock , mine you he did cook it on x mas eve comeing back from southend and we will not be fixing it !

we have had some bother with the transits we had but thats seems to have sorted it selfout now never had any borther with the 07 s and up but the 56 regs we had were a dogs :-X

John Kelly

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2008, 05:59:46 pm »
Ken, anythings more reliable than a Range Rover.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 06:01:48 pm »
nothing gone wrong with my traffic sport, LWB, so far but then only had it 7 months.
hope your wrong.
derek

but you dont do any miles , which is good from what ive heard about them , we looked at them but wasnt happy with the warrnty at the time im sure it was only two years or 60k which ever came frist

clinton

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 07:54:53 pm »
The hyundai is a good van on the reliability side and has good lenghty waranty as you have to look at the long term wear and  and tear :)

Think thats the van i would upgrade too :)

jasonl

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2008, 07:55:42 pm »
My Range rover sport ,broke after 500 miles, was a bolt that was not fitted to the gearbox properly.
Since then I have  done 29k miles in the last 12 months , fitted new pads in the front brakes last week , and a service at 15k , other than that it has  been trouble free , very fast and very comfy , 6,7 or 800 miles in a day is easy and leaves me totally fresh at the end of the day, nice fridge for the drinks, loud loud stereo, smooth air suspension, and 35mpg . A great car , most people who knock them have never sat in one let alone driven one. The only bad side , 27k depreciation in year one, and just paid £400 for a tax disc.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

JS2

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2008, 08:02:59 pm »
Hi Sherco

Are you thinking of upgrading to a truckmount (I'm assuming that you're not already TM'd) ?  This will naturally affect your considerations and advice provided by forum members.

Best regards

Pete (JS2)

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2008, 08:09:14 pm »
Hi Sherco

Are you thinking of upgrading to a truckmount (I'm assuming that you're not already TM'd) ?  This will naturally affect your considerations and advice provided by forum members.

Best regards

Pete (JS2)

arrrrrrr  yes if your going t.m. then you better go big van ans save some cash 

Len Gribble

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2008, 04:24:29 pm »
Thanks Ken will have a look 96mph bit lacking, perhaps they will sponsor me like another company.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

cloverclean

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2008, 04:35:04 pm »
 on my 3 vauxhall vivaro never any problems

mark shannon

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2008, 04:48:07 pm »
Just bought a Fiat Ducato swb 100bhp has a Transit engine and much roomier than Traffic, nice drive and cab.

John Gregory

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2008, 04:59:59 pm »
currently using a  vivaro LWB with 350000 on the clock on a 02 plate , in the last 2 years its cost a set of brake pads

John