This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

monkeyman

rainwater and storage
« on: December 26, 2008, 09:56:10 pm »
just brought a new rainwater butt to connect up to my ro and di unit,this is kept outside not in a shed or garage,i,ve noticed there are a few holes in the lid will it make a difference to my 000  tds reading with a bit of rain going through these holes into the butt itself? ???

Slash

Re: rainwater and storage
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 08:31:08 am »
Maybe just a tad,rain water is not 100% pure because the dirt in the air come in contact but I would'nt think it effects the TDS greatly.

Londoner

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 08:37:36 am »
Not enough to worry about.

elite mike

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 01:28:55 pm »
hi

you can always cover the holes ,sorted :)

matt

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 06:54:58 pm »
ive used it with the holes for years, its not a issue

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 07:26:09 pm »
Hi Gemma, some of us use rainwater harvesting, to collect  rain and use it to wfp. TDS averages 003
The insignificant ammount of rain that goes thro small holes is not the problem but the dirt on the lid that will be dragged down with the water through the holes, you could keep it clean or cover it with cling film etc.

tomy jackson

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 05:13:52 am »
i under stud it wos a rond 16 tds in rane water ,

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 06:52:19 pm »
You get clean tds 001 and dirty rain tds 025 depending on where the wind direction comes from. A rainstorm may seem like ideal but its often dirty. As can be the roof you collect from if it contains concrete/limestone. Its a bit of an art and a science- I am still learning, but its fun. Easiest way is to put it through a simple Tank containing DI, with a base entry. I just collect with basic sponge filtration when the rain is clean. There are thosands of gallons up there  :)