Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

JW windowcleaners
« on: December 26, 2008, 10:40:54 am »
Genuine question this (and i'll lock it if it gets abusive) but what do you guys do at Christmas? Obviously you are unlikely to be working and presumably you and your family don't celebrate the festive season so just wondered how your break goes?
I know a minute amount about your beliefs so am not in a position to critisize or mock just curious.
Another more tactfull way would be to ask might be - what do they do at Christmas?

peter holley

Re: JW windowcleaners
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 11:06:17 am »
i look out the window wishing i was at work >:( no not really.  we had a freind and her children round for dinner, we just treat it like a normal day.....on boxing day we all get together and go for a walk... although im not as my inlaws are coming round for lunch ::)
hope this helps

peter

ftp

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 11:16:21 am »
So still a social time but just ignore the festive bits?

peter holley

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 11:20:36 am »
So still a social time but just ignore the festive bits?

yep....and a full wallet ;D

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 11:28:54 am »
Anything you might do on a day off, when all the shops are closed that is.  Some get together, others just stick as a family.  I've got my little sister coming around later and am going to knock up a website for her piano tuition business that she's starting.

My wife did say she was going to do the books, but as yet hasn't got round to it.

Some will go door knocking (evangelizing), but not too early and at only houses where it looks like there's life.  Generally people this time of year are a little more receptive, some even want to chat at the front door to escape the family.

Funny thing about Christmas though.  How many people that celebrate it actually believe in Jesus, I ask this as the other day I was talking to a Hindu who doesn't believe in Jesus but was wrapping a Christmas present.

Oh the other thing jw wc do is check out ciu, sad hey.

Simon.

trike

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 12:38:35 pm »
im working sat,mon tue wed,like every year,happy new year

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 12:55:20 pm »
Everything shuts down whether you take part in Christmas or not, so it is sensible to make the most of the free time that everyone has in common. just try organising a big family gathering in July ::)

ROBERT GEDDES

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2008, 02:10:05 pm »
i am decorating to busy rest of the year so take advanage of time of

RSWindows

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2008, 02:18:07 pm »
is this people of jewish belief?

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2008, 02:30:09 pm »
Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians- followers of Crist.
Just trying to follow the teachings of the Bible as the world goes down hill.

Count Phil

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2008, 02:35:06 pm »
OK. I made that up. All I did on Christmass day was wander round Cambridge. But wouldn't it be fun to have a sacrifice?

P.S Were not generally Jewish either ;)

RSWindows

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2008, 03:32:31 pm »
Peoples beliefs are a toutchey subject at best, i know the topic was not with any ill-intent but the talks on sacrafice could change that, lets tread carefully.

im quite intrigued to learn of others tbh

bumper

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2008, 04:16:01 pm »
made 600 pound tips between 3 of us, if any of us are skint i give them the keys to car and let them clean what they want, i get nothing out of it, i have 2 weeks of  :)

chrismroberts

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2008, 05:00:27 pm »
Just had some friends to stay, a nice chill with the time off.... and today take advantage of all the sales :) Treated myself to some new stuff :P

peter holley

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2008, 06:37:16 pm »
 ;DHAPPY

DAYS ;D ;D ;D

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2008, 06:51:40 pm »
I'm not religous in the slightest. Don't particularly believe in Jesus, God or any other religous symbol ................

But Santa's a different story  ;D ;D ;D

Now he must be real cause he delivered everything I asked him for!!!

In my honest opinion religion gets in the way of Christmas; christ, they'll be saying the Easter Bunny isn't the true meaning of Easter next!!!
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2008, 07:29:07 pm »
I'm not religous in the slightest. Don't particularly believe in Jesus, God or any other religous symbol ................

But Santa's a different story  ;D ;D ;D

Now he must be real cause he delivered everything I asked him for!!!

In my honest opinion religion gets in the way of Christmas; christ, they'll be saying the Easter Bunny isn't the true meaning of Easter next!!!

of course you are right about easter it is from the pagan fertility ritual.

kevin James

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2008, 10:04:35 pm »
And Christmas was a ruse to get the pagans on board. 'Twas originally a festival to mark the return of the sun, shortest day and all that. In fact, as a wc, it lifts my spirits to see see the days getting longer! But no one knows when the greatest man who ever walked this earth was born. But if you guys find a date in the bible, the beers are on me.

Kevin. 

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2008, 10:14:52 pm »

ftp

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2008, 11:33:42 pm »
Thanks lads all i wanted to know really. I'll lock it anyway just in case.  :)