This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Who wins this award

Jeff Bramble
20.5%
17 (20.5%)
David St Ives
6%
5 (6%)
Shiner

0 (0%)
Alex Gardiner
31.3%
26 (31.3%)
Glyn H
1.2%
1 (1.2%)
Matt
1.2%
1 (1.2%)
Jouk
2.4%
2 (2.4%)
Tosh
3.6%
3 (3.6%)
Ian Giles
3.6%
3 (3.6%)
Jeff1
7.2%
6 (7.2%)
Ian Lancaster
6%
5 (6%)
Malc Gould
2.4%
2 (2.4%)
NWH

0 (0%)
DA SERVICES
1.2%
1 (1.2%)
MACMAC
3.6%
3 (3.6%)
Andrew M
9.6%
8 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 79

DASERVICES

2008 poll
« on: December 25, 2008, 01:58:40 am »
Sorry if I missed someone, was going to take me off ;D ;D

Right here I think this should be an annual event which I am willing to contribute. Maybe Mike may want to take over and donate a prize to someone on this forum.  Here is the suppliers chance who conrtributed the most to the industry, in no order so please do not get offended. this will be a yearly nomination sponsered by SLWCN and whoever wants to contribute.  This  is not a sales tact honest. I strongley feel something like this is needed, all other industrys have this apart from us.

This will have to be run over a couple of forums and one man one vote . Next year will be a prize but who knows may be this year. If I have missed someone then you have 2 days to nominate, final.

This award I will name against one of the window cleaners who sadley died this year. This is what what the trophy will be named. I am happy to put money not a sales tact honest. I strongley feel something like this is needed, all other industrys have this apart from us.

Paul Coleman

Re: 2008 poll
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 07:21:46 am »
Sorry if I missed someone, was going to take me off ;D ;D

Right here I think this should be an annual event which I am willing to contribute. Maybe Mike may want to take over and donate a prize to someone on this forum.  Here is the suppliers chance who conrtributed the most to the industry, in no order so please do not get offended. this will be a yearly nomination sponsered by SLWCN and whoever wants to contribute.  This  is not a sales tact honest. I strongley feel something like this is needed, all other industrys have this apart from us.

This will have to be run over a couple of forums and one man one vote . Next year will be a prize but who knows may be this year. If I have missed someone then you have 2 days to nominate, final.

This award I will name against one of the window cleaners who sadley died this year. This is what what the trophy will be named. I am happy to put money not a sales tact honest. I strongley feel something like this is needed, all other industrys have this apart from us.

Hard to say really.
Not sure what my name is doing on there.
You've done a fair bit for the industry yourself north of the border Doug.  Although I'm not in agreement with some of the stuff you've done, I do respect your views and your determination to do what you feel is best (even though it may not always come across that way).

For me the list is a lot shorter.

It comes down to

1)  David (St Ives) for his tireless attempts to get a new trade association up and running - I feel that the success or otherwise of this is irrelevant.  Also his moderating efforts on here are a thankless task but he sticks with it.

2)  Alex Gardiner.  He has been a great help to many on here irrespective of whether his own products were involved.  Ironically, for me, that is one of the best adverts of all.  I respect the guy's integrity.

3)  Ian Giles.  Doesn't make so many grand entrances these days.  Used to compete with Neil Kinnock for the title of Welsh Windbag but at least the stuff that Ian said made sense  (just joking Ian - you're a good bloke)  :)  .  I'm sure he does a lot of moderating in the background.

4)  Tosh.  Tosh nearly made my shortlist but I wouldn't want him to get too bigheaded so tough luck mate - you're not on my list  :)

5)  Doug of DA Services.  I'm not totally in agreement but respect the guy's efforts.

6)  Ian Lancaster.  An exceptionally helpful guy and modest with it.  Never a bad word to say about anyone but is happy to help and just quietly gets on with it.

7)  Andrew McCann.  A good job, good advice.  Treats people very fairly.  Been a pig of a year due to illness.  Hope he makes a good recovery.

So I've narrowed the sixteen down to six which probably doesn't help much.  I'm wondering if the poll should be done differently.  i.e.  for people to mark each name out of 100 and add the scores up at the end.

PS.  I thought that Jeff Brimble and Jeff1 were one and the same.  Shows how much reading I do doesnt it?  :)

Wot?  No Squeaky??!!   :)

DASERVICES

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 09:36:07 am »
Oops forgot about Squeaky, sorry.

Tried adding him but looks as if you cannot change the poll once it's up, sorry.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 09:51:39 am »
If nothing else at least I'm regular!

Must be the prunes. ;D

Mike 108

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 12:44:40 pm »
It’s a nice idea Doug. I’ve had help from everyone on the list.

I’ve cast my vote, but I agree with  Shiner – with only one vote to give, some people may feel that their input is not fully appreciated (which is obviously not the case).

I’d like to offer my personal thanks to EVERYONE on the list.

Thanks!

Mike

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 02:26:27 pm »
Alex Gardiner.

supernova77

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2008, 03:26:32 pm »
Wot?  No Squeaky??!!   Smiley

Squeaky's years were 2006 / 2007 - When he was adamant that WFP was rubbish and that he would never change  ;)

Andy

Chameleon

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2008, 05:11:22 pm »
An award usually has a name attached to it!
"He was awarded, the award of 'Best Trainee' due to his ardent efforts!"

Who wins the award for what? ::)

Surely on a forum, all are equal and everyone's comments & input are to benefit all equally!
Or is it as some suggest, just a place to come on and say "I'm bigger than you"
This sort of pole adds nothing to the forum! :(
It only serves to pat each other (Big boy's only) on the back! :(

I for one have noticed the more frequent use of the word "Newbie's" talk about condescending! ::)

gary999

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2008, 05:21:44 pm »
i personally think it should go to somebody like jeff brimble where a lot
of great ideas have originated and information has been given for free
with no other motive than to help others.

suppliers no matter how good cannot say that

ClearviewServices

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2008, 06:36:52 pm »
i personally think it should go to somebody like jeff brimble where a lot
of great ideas have originated and information has been given for free
with no other motive than to help others.

suppliers no matter how good cannot say that

Shame Jeff Brimble isnt on the list but Jeff Bramble is 

Mike 108

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2008, 06:51:23 pm »

Surely on a forum, all are equal and everyone's comments & input are to benefit all equally!
This sort of pole adds nothing to the forum!
It only serves to pat each other on the back!

Hmmm!

I think Chameleon may be right.

To help someone should be reward enough in itself. The favour is usually returned (if not by the questioner, then by somebody else).

Perhaps it wasn't a good idea after all.

Mike

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2008, 07:15:26 pm »
Yes he is right, my acceptance speech is something like....

.. and if i can see further than others it is perhaps because i am standing on the shoulders of giants. I would like to thank many on the list for being of invaluable assitance in several of my amazing  breakthroughs.... etc.

jouk45

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2008, 07:50:39 pm »
i voted for jeff brimble, when i started  on the forums 5 years ago, jeff was in the diyforum, hundreds of ideas where flying around, and he inspired me and many others, to come up with our  own ideas, although i must say, its a shame not to see . L doubtfire(bladerunner) on that list, i hope everyone votes for jeff, he really does deserve this title, good luck jeff and i hope you have many more ideas to share with us, merry christmas,   regards jouk45

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2008, 08:20:20 pm »
I'm not on there but TOSH is? :o

macmac

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2008, 08:52:34 pm »
WOW, i'm in joint forth at the mo' ;D ;D

FTP should be up there too, he's a regular, good, honest poster. ;)

macmac

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2008, 09:16:03 pm »
So am I right in thinking that the prize for the winner is an all expenses paid trip to the Caribbean?

There are several names mentioned above that I have learnt from. Sometimes by advice, sometimes by encouragement and sometimes by constructive criticism.

Mrs A wants to know why the post will not allow her to vote more than 10 times for my name  ;D

suds window service

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2008, 09:43:13 pm »
for me it,s Andrew busy fella! wont even remember me, but sold me first trolley gave good advice.
went back for second trolley since turned into van mount........but this guys one of the major players in my business success in its first year .
         cheers.dave    suds window service

AuRavelling79

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2008, 10:23:38 pm »
Roy Harding's name should be there - doesn't woffle on about rubbish like me but for the owner-operator with no employees and not wanting any like me he and Ian Giles tie joint first. I'll vote for Roy Harding if you put his name up there. If not then Ian Giles.

For Humour: Tosh

Supplier: Alex Gardiner

Stubbornly holding to an obviously wrong opinion: Squeaky! (Wfp and Renault vans ;D)

Religiously Atheist: Martin_606 ;)

Professionalism: Pingu

All round nice bloke: Shiner

I'm genuinely touched that my name is listed add thank you for the vote whoever you are - not me BTW!
It's a game of three halves!

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2008, 12:03:41 am »
Stubbornly holding to an obviously wrong opinion: Squeaky! (Wfp and Renault vans ;D)
What was I wrong about my van? ???
It's excellent, couldn't have bought better.

Being a stereotypical Bristolian "I know best"... Malc G. ::)

DASERVICES

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2008, 12:28:09 am »
 ;D, The Prize is a license in Scotland ;D

No serious guys all other Industry's have this. At the Cleaning Show there will be an award for Industry etc.. but window cleaning never has anything.

I strongly feel to give this industry a boost it should be done but through forums as that where all the best advise comes from. For me being on here many moons it is Ian Giles as his posts now dead, ;D  gave me the courage to jump into wfp.

Alex and Andrew are now the front runners as they have the vast experience and hats off to Glynn H even though he gets some stick does give good advise.  One for Mike.B to think about as well as other forum hosts.

You have best postie awards etc.. so why not us.

Keep it going lads.

Cheers