Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

East coast window cleaning Services

Van mount system in a swb vivaro
« on: December 24, 2008, 06:22:37 pm »
Wheres the best place to put it close to the bulkhead or towards the rear of the van?

Thoughts and pictures please.
And  HAPPY CHRISTMAS MY FELLOW SHINERS ;D
P&R Window Cleaning

jaykie

Re: Van mount system in a vivaro
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 06:35:08 pm »
Short wheel base

*Derek*

Re: Van mount system in a swb vivaro
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 07:20:03 pm »
Any van, a tank would have to go over the centre of it. You'd never keep tires if it was over rear axle.

Steve CM

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 07:30:07 pm »
the tyres don't wear out quickly on my van. the same as my other van in terms of wear

Slash

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 07:34:41 pm »
It's better to have tank between the wheel base evenly,so in a swb Vivaro as close as you can to the bulkhead.

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 07:45:21 pm »
bulkhead

ricky have a merry xmas

to you and family

and all

jerry

Slash

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 07:48:35 pm »
bulkhead

ricky have a merry xmas

to you and family

and all

jerry
Yes,it's the partition that seperates the cab to the rear of van :)

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 07:52:20 pm »
the rear of the van is not the bulkhead is it

jerry

Slash

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 08:36:29 pm »
the rear of the van is not the bulkhead is it

jerry
I did'nt say it was..................BAHHHHHHHH...HUMBUG
Happy Christmas ;)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 09:10:40 pm »
Right up against the bulkhead. I wouldn't risk any other way.

It can't go anywhere in a bump.
If it's away from it, it can smash into (or through) it.

I'm not a safety freak like some on here, but that's just an obvious one.

NWH

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2008, 09:52:01 pm »
It`s not easy to stick a tank up against the bulkhead in that van if your drilling through the chassis,Squeaky i think you have strapped yours and if so it`s a completley different setup.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2008, 10:13:56 pm »
I'm installing a layflat 650 in my van next week, and was considering having it about 2 foot from the rear doors. Just enough space to put the safety cones & reel etc inside the back door. I've checked the axle loading info and even though the weight is mostly over the back axle it's still well within limits for my van. The tank will be in a custom built cage and secured to the chassis. I've not got a lot of faith in the bulkheads,.. they're secured by only a few small bolts and made from relatively thin steel,... not enough protection to make me feel safe unless the tank is properly secured.

I'd still have a lot of usable space that I can get at from the side door for my office cleaning gear

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2008, 11:06:16 pm »
Any tank should be situated so as not to overload one axle.

Your van will have a total payload but each axle will have a max payload as well. Overloading one axle is just as bad as overloading the van in the eyes of the law. A 650 for example put so that the load is right above the rear axle will definately overload it and make your van dangerous to drive. This is why most SWB vans will have the tank very near the bulkhead as this is right between the axles and therefore spreads the load between them.

Andrew

Slash

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2008, 11:52:42 pm »
Any tank should be situated so as not to overload one axle.

Your van will have a total payload but each axle will have a max payload as well. Overloading one axle is just as bad as overloading the van in the eyes of the law. A 650 for example put so that the load is right above the rear axle will definately overload it and make your van dangerous to drive. This is why most SWB vans will have the tank very near the bulkhead as this is right between the axles and therefore spreads the load between them.

Andrew
Thank you Andrew,like I posted states the obvious!

Slash

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2008, 11:57:33 pm »
It`s not easy to stick a tank up against the bulkhead in that van if your drilling through the chassis,Squeaky i think you have strapped yours and if so it`s a completley different setup.
Well, Pure Freedom done it for me and I am well impressed :D

poole bay

« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2008, 12:32:50 pm »
its noing where to put the tank like its no good just bolting in to the floor i have in my traffic with the tanks metal bars you can buy for about 100 pound, load of s..t the floor is like butter so soft so when you can buy of tanks from pure freedom you might be able to get 2 bolts in the floor in the chaise would to bolts be ok, my mate has had a inoics van system put in and it has 2 bolts in the chaise and just 2 in the floor is that ok ? any help would be good.

landy2

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2008, 04:06:16 pm »
hello slash i had mine fitted by pure freedom and they do a great job you have to loose yourself for a few hours while they fix it not much doing in grimsby in winter

Slash

Re: Van mount system in a swb vivaro New
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2008, 06:47:37 pm »
hello slash i had mine fitted by pure freedom and they do a great job you have to loose yourself for a few hours while they fix it not much doing in grimsby in winter

Ah............now I was chauffeured to Cleethorpes and collected again by the other Andrew,didn't even have to get a bus,now thats what I called service :D
Was very impressed on my return to the workshop,Nobby and the boys did a great job,even better than I expected! :D
Mind you the day did drag,I must of walked up and down the front a dozen times!,fell asleep on the beach in the end!