This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Count Phil

Hot L5
« on: December 23, 2008, 09:10:07 pm »
Well, I finally fitted a heater after all this time. £200 all in cost.

Did my windows and the water was 50c at half power. I washed the dishes tonight and the temp was 49c which was just right and so yes, at 50c it is cleaning with hot water.

Hose lovely and soft.

Well worth 200.

But I am so glad, so so glad I didn't spend thousands on a flash one like I was thinking about last year. It is good, probably 500 pounds good, but not 7, 8, 9 10, grand good, no way.

£200, a bargain. On the windows which sheet, the water falls off the window and even though it was only 9c today, the windows dried very quickly, summer quick. And at 50c the steam comes out the end of the pole and looks like smoke, its quite impressive, and no doubt you're using hot.

Like I said £200 a bargain, and yes, the bird poo did come off easier, it was one where I would normally try to scrape with the side of the brush, but just scrubbed a bit and it was gone.

Happy warm hands.

Count Phil

Re: Hot L5
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 09:57:49 am »
Important update: My bath was 43 degrees and just perfect.

Isn't a thermometre handy?

Count Phil

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 02:26:37 pm »
Important update 2: Just cleaned the van at 60c. Its sooo much better.

tomy jackson

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 03:07:24 pm »
dont tell every body as thayal all wont one  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Count Phil

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 03:34:42 pm »
They don't dare be adventurous. they'll just say cold is fine. Suits me. smoking brushes.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 04:00:37 pm »
Be careful with that L5. ;D

Count Phil

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 04:52:19 pm »
tomorrow i'll try 80. And the pole does get warm!

Dave Turley

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 05:27:00 pm »
be careful! to avoid cracking glass turn your flow right down if you're gonna be on one piece of glass for longer than normal (stubborn marks etc!)

ENJOY!  :D

NWH

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 06:10:12 pm »
Turn the heat down you mean,you don`t need 80dgs to clean windows.

Count Phil

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 09:45:41 pm »
You're just trying to spoil my fun.

50 is safe though?

Dave Turley

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2008, 05:53:38 pm »
my thermostatic mixer valve is set at max (46°c) which gives me approx 40°c at the brush with 50 out of 100 metres of microbore unwound.

imo the longer you are on a window with hot water, the more heat you are putting into the glass and therefore the more chance there is of it cracking.

so if i'm gonna be on one window for longer than usual, I turn the flow right down to reduce the heat going into the window and reduce the risk of cracking.

chrismroberts

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2008, 12:44:56 am »
Working with hot water is a pleasure :)

I'm intrigued, what equipment did you use to set up the heater, £200 seems very cheap? :) Is it a diesel heater or gas?

Chris

Ian Rochester

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2008, 07:23:29 am »
Phil,

Send me your email address, I need to talk to you about your set up.

ian@lionheartcleaning.co.uk

Regards

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2008, 11:41:23 am »

I'm intrigued, what equipment did you use to set up the heater, £200 seems very cheap? :) Is it a diesel heater or gas?

Chris

The L5 is an "on demand" gas fired heater designed for use as a portable shower, or for use in caravans /RV's. The costs to buy and run are very low, but many don't like to have a gas cylinder in the van. The diesel powered systems (Erberspacher or webasto) are quite pricey by comparison (Normally around the £1000 mark for the heater unit alone) but are quality made heaters that are designed to last the lifetime of the vehicle.

There are other RV water heaters that are suitable for wfp,.. the Arazbao JSD12 is the one I'm going to try next. I had the larger JSD20 but the heat output is actually too high to be comfortable using it in winter! I have an L5 at the moment, but I was disappointed that it needs a higher flow rate than advertised to run reliably without modification.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2008, 12:49:51 pm »
I quite like the idea of the L5, I think the biggest problem with the JSD12 and JSD20 is that they are chinese copy machines and as such it will be nigh on impossible to get replacement parts for them.

I know this from experience after buying a 5.5hp Pressure washer which was a chinese copy of a Honda.  Worked fine for two months till the pump gave up and I can't get spares for from anywhere.

If you are going to go down this route of building your own then make sure you check out how to service and repair any equipment you buy.

edd

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2008, 12:49:55 pm »
WELL I BROKE ANOTHER WINDOW on mon , just cleaned the windows at 25 degs water temp
stepped back started cleaning the next one and half way through that one it went CRACK from
 top to bottom oh dear I said lol and that was a few minutes after cleaning it
 20 degs max I think in this weather

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2008, 12:59:01 pm »
The JSD 20 & 12 are nearly identical to the L5 internally,... in fact many of the parts are interchangeable!! I'm wondering if they come out of the same factory even?!

I found the L5 flow rate a problem, so I modified it the same as I had the JSD20. But the whole appeal of the L5 in my mind was that it was supposed to operate at 1 litre per minute without modification,.. and it doesn't! My current setup is an L5 heater, with the JSD20 gas/water inlet & electronics in it. NOT something I'd recommend to anyone, ever,.. but it works for me.

I'm told the JSD12 does work at a lower flow rate, and I'm really interested to try it, as I want a unit that runs 100% "out of the box" without modification.. but I'll believe it when I try it!

For the price though, you could buy a whole new unit for spares and still have a bargain hot setup.

Count Phil

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2008, 02:07:39 pm »
20 degrees v8edd? Man, there's no point.
 I may as well rip it out.

chrismroberts

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2008, 05:02:57 pm »

Chris

The L5 is an "on demand" gas fired heater designed for use as a portable shower, or for use in caravans /RV's. The costs to buy and run are very low, but many don't like to have a gas cylinder in the van. The diesel powered systems (Erberspacher or webasto) are quite pricey by comparison (Normally around the £1000 mark for the heater unit alone) but are quality made heaters that are designed to last the lifetime of the vehicle.

There are other RV water heaters that are suitable for wfp,.. the Arazbao JSD12 is the one I'm going to try next. I had the larger JSD20 but the heat output is actually too high to be comfortable using it in winter! I have an L5 at the moment, but I was disappointed that it needs a higher flow rate than advertised to run reliably without modification.

Oh right, its a shower heater? Have used one of those, was very good but the pressure built up if you left the hose connected, didnt cycle the water back into the tank, is that the same?

tomy jackson

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2008, 05:11:35 pm »
nat you shud try a by pass on the pump