This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mr Sparkle

CAN WFP SCRATCH THE GLASS?
« on: December 23, 2008, 05:23:10 pm »
Just starting up wfp cleaning but have heard rumours that the glass can be scratched using this method. Is this true or am i worrying for nothing ???

NWH

Re: CAN WFP SCRATCH THE GLASS?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 05:29:45 pm »
After a good few cleans WFP and the glass becomes sterile or free of detergent every little scratch that was there before will show up due to the glass being cleaner,a lot of people say this once there round has been switched over after a while.

Slash

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 05:33:22 pm »
No,it does'nt scratch the glass,the only problem I had was using the Vikan brushes with red rubber bumber was that it left a red mark on upvc frames but can easily be removed.

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 05:34:22 pm »
the wfp itself cant, but small stones that collect in the brushes can.

ensure proper use of the poles/brush heads & regularly rinse them out..

However most scratches are as NWH says.

NWH

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 05:34:46 pm »
Does anyone still use them brushes then. ;D

Slash

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 05:36:29 pm »
Does anyone still use them brushes then. ;D
I do ;)

mark dew

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 05:37:12 pm »
i pulled the rubber of my vikans and the stock scratches the upvc sills. But it came away with pvc cleaner.
Best thing you can do is to buy one of gardiners light brushes from the start. I think the stock is made of rubber??
Non scratch as well as a superior brush to work with.

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 05:46:24 pm »
i pulled the rubber of my vikans and the stock scratches the upvc sills. But it came away with pvc cleaner.
Best thing you can do is to buy one of gardiners light brushes from the start. I think the stock is made of rubber??

I didnt know that looks like I'll be ordering one of those then, both my Ionics and salmon mark the sills. ::)
Sussex by the sea

mark dew

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 09:12:42 pm »

I didnt know that looks like I'll be ordering one of those then, both my Ionics and salmon mark the sills. ::)

yeah, but ask alex 1st just to check.  ;D
I looked at mine when i got it and the stock seems to be a very hard rubber type, but i might be wrong.
It's not a vikan like stock though.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 09:39:20 pm »
After a good few cleans WFP and the glass becomes sterile or free of detergent every little scratch that was there before will show up due to the glass being cleaner,a lot of people say this once there round has been switched over after a while.

I like reading your posts and I find them very informative, but the myth about wfp leaving windows sterile which many people say really needs to be sorted. Wfp does not sterilize windows.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sterilization_(microbiology)

Oh btw, superlite brush is from very hard plastic or something along those lines.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 10:23:11 pm »

yeah, but ask alex 1st just to check.  ;D
I looked at mine when i got it and the stock seems to be a very hard rubber type, but i might be wrong.
It's not a vikan like stock though.

Currently, the Super-Lite brushes are made of HDPE.  I haven't particularly noticed them marking, however they are not specifically designed to be non-marking.  Because the bristles splay so well, getting into corners or cleaning edges needs less effort reducing the tendency to hit the sills, etc.

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 10:46:11 pm »
Thanks Alex I may wait until I can afford an SLX to go with it anyway ;)
Sussex by the sea