Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

monkeyman

vinyl
« on: December 23, 2008, 05:20:50 pm »
ordered some protectakote a few days ago to waterproof my van floor,someone suggested today i could have used lino/vinyl as used for bathroom floors to do the same job but for a lot less money.as anyone else ever used this and was it up to the job?

NWH

Re: vinyl
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 05:21:40 pm »
There wrong.

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 05:30:42 pm »
talk about a headache in installing. You have to make sure you have absolutely no leaks, otherwise your going to get a rusty bucket!

NWH

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 05:38:07 pm »
If your going to do it do it right you only need a pinprick of a hole in lino for it to rust the van out from front to back,the cheaper way is protecta cote and it will only take a matter of hours over the weekend.Leaving it to dry is the headache between coats.

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 05:45:55 pm »
If your going to do it do it right you only need a pinprick of a hole in lino for it to rust the van out from front to back,the cheaper way is protecta cote and it will only take a matter of hours over the weekend.Leaving it to dry is the headache between coats.

the only headache is the smell! it just gives you a headache from the fumes!..lol

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 05:47:28 pm »
new question in same vain.
What if the van was floored with plywood, could you protecta cote over the ply or would you even need to protect it?

NWH

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 05:49:18 pm »
Take up ply or whatever is down,you need to go on the metal floor,if you go over ply you need to silicone all side-edges etc which is a pain just rip it up matter of minutes.Any moisture trapped under ply will stay there once coated and slowly rot the floor.

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 05:53:25 pm »
had a feeling you might say that :(
oh well that gies me something to do over the next few days

Dave Turley

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 06:27:40 pm »
I paid £200 to have my fibreglassed. 100% waterproof and will last longer thathe van!

(suppose that's not saying much... it's a scudo!) lol