This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

chris@c.m.s

Liability insurance
« on: December 23, 2008, 03:44:38 pm »
Mine is up for renewal and I want to change to comprehensive i.e. cover for building worked on, at the moment I'm with Allied  and they have quoted £230 for £1 million cover is that about right or are there better deals to be had? 

Sussex by the sea

Mr H

Re: Liability insurance
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 03:57:35 pm »
Thats about the best deal around m8. You can get cheaper insurance but it covers you for so much less. Many window cleaning insurances ONLY cover you for the glass being worked on where as the Allied ins covers for the actual building and is well worth the little extra...... Instead of thinking of it as £260 think of it as £5 per week or £1 per dayand it doesn't seam that much.....

1 thing for certain is BEWARE gladiator insurance if you decide to pay monthly by DD as they charge 44% interest......

Regards
Mr H

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 04:27:46 pm »
Cheers Mr H   I think I'll go for it then saves changing company's and new details as well  ;)
Sussex by the sea

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 06:39:20 pm »
I was told by the FSB their insurance will beat anything out there, i dunno if thats true, but i'll certainly give them a go once mine is due for renewal.

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 07:45:20 pm »
Yep hope so I Renewed now for £238 full Comp also paying by Instalments which is handy. 
Sussex by the sea

Feen

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 09:13:33 pm »
Thats about the best deal around m8. You can get cheaper insurance but it covers you for so much less. Many window cleaning insurances ONLY cover you for the glass being worked on where as the Allied ins covers for the actual building and is well worth the little extra...... Instead of thinking of it as £260 think of it as £5 per week or £1 per dayand it doesn't seam that much.....

1 thing for certain is BEWARE gladiator insurance if you decide to pay monthly by DD as they charge 44% interest......

Regards
Mr H

Mr H, I'm interested in the line "Many window cleaning insurances ONLY cover you for the glass being worked". When I got insurance my broker told me that I couldn't get insurance on the actual glass. The reasoning being that as I was cleaning the glass I should know that it was breakable. However, if I fell through the window and broke the new flat screen HD telly costing 15 years worth of window cleaning I was covered for the cost of the tv.  Personally I'd rather have cover for the glass and take the risk on the telly. Can you give me company to beat my broker over the head with?
Feen

Mr H

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 10:32:36 pm »
The Allied are the insurance brokers and the cover is the same as the Feds which is done through an Irish Insurance Company called Quinn..... This cheaper one is done through Royal Sun Alliance AND inc £1000 tools in van insurance as standard.

It covers up to £2million Of public and product liability PER CLAIM.
Treatment risks
unlimited height
And loss of customers keys....

The excess is £250.

Total price is £236.25
Quinn price £340.00 for the same cover.....

Regards
Mr H