Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Elginn

Re: Challenge to Ionics
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2008, 04:45:51 pm »
Who in there right mind would want to use that Logo of there's anyway??? It doesn't even represent an image of a window cleaner but a bloke with an Hurnia lifting what looks like a vacuum cleaner that's blocked and what makes me laugh the most, is it cost them hundreds of pounds no wonder they want to protect it.

Most customers understand plain English, go to a new customer and say I use reach & wash and they'll look at you, as if you have a speech impediment, tell them how the system works in plain English and they'll understand every time.

Why bother with reach & wash, there system reminds me of something similar Brits used to say about the Yanks during WW2, Overpaid over sexed and over here.  
We could start a new phrase about  ionics, Over price over engineered and over here

Paul Coleman

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2008, 04:47:55 pm »
My new logo is the "Screech and Wash" system. It has the picture of an Owl sitting on a waterfed pole urinating and watching you with it's big eyes.

It's very good because if you infringe my copyright I'll screech at you and wash you at the same time.

Screech and Wash! Screech and Wash! CRRAAAAIGGCK!

Malc.  As there are a lot of people on here who are of a certain persuasion, I was wondering if someone might want to trademark "Preach & Wash".
Not having a pop at anyone.  Just a little humour.  :)

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2008, 05:01:37 pm »
Who in there right mind would want to use that Logo of there's anyway??? It doesn't even represent an image of a window cleaner but a bloke with an Hurnia lifting what looks like a vacuum cleaner that's blocked and what makes me laugh the most, is it cost them hundreds of pounds no wonder they want to protect it.

Most customers understand plain English, go to a new customer and say I use reach & wash and they'll look at you, as if you have a speech impediment, tell them how the system works in plain English and they'll understand every time.

Why bother with reach & wash, there system reminds me of something similar Brits used to say about the Yanks during WW2, Overpaid over sexed and over here.  
We could start a new phrase about  ionics, Over price over engineered and over here

The story behind that image is that the man is made of water - its the water doing the work.

I thought it was rather well thought out myself.

I too have used Ionics logos, promo material (photos/images) on website in the past, but i have now since removed them for i do not use Ionics equipment anymore, therefore i dont see why i should "follow the herd" and use them cos everyone else does. I will be using my own logos and photographs from now on.

exactly like Dave morris @ st-ives
Why would you want to use the R&W logo anyway ?

I would much more promote my business than theres.

Do builders go around with Bosch logos on their vans ?

Call it what it is.

Water Fed Pole window cleaning.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2008, 05:02:01 pm »
None of my customers, including mainly commercial clients have ever asked me if I have a 'Reach & Wash' system. Most of them have never heard of this type of system in the first place and wouldn't know an Ionics from a Hoover! Let alone a Brodex/Pure Freedom/Facelift/etc.

Pureandclean

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2008, 05:27:22 pm »
I have always felt that the Ionics logo would mean absolutely nothing to person on the street.
 To be an effective advert for your services, the logo needs to be instantly understood, and demonstrate that you can solve a problem that person has.
 That logo is only understood by other Water-fed pole window cleaners.

suds window service

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2008, 06:59:34 pm »
This is to the phamton Ionics moles that come on here. It is clear and obvious that you guys go all out and try and punish the small guy if he even dares breath the word reach & wash.

Come the big suppliers who use the so called reach & wash in their websites you turn a blind eye for example Brodex use it." Our water purification high - reach & wash machines" So why pick on the small guys and turn a blind eye on others.

Is it the case that you do not own any rights at all.

I know 100% you guys visit this site for the wrong reasons but I strongly feel this is a case of double standards. If you cannot take on your competitors then surely leave the small minors alone.

Sorry but you have to treat everyone equal but it looks like you are not as Brodex and a few are challenging your rights!!!! So in fairness everyone can use your logos and so called phrases!!!

Please feel free to comment.

brdoex have until the 9th of jan to remove the reach and wash bit according to them when i spoke to them regarding my van today.

suds window service

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2008, 07:01:11 pm »
excuse my typing...brodex ::)

jouk45

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2008, 07:26:55 pm »
Here is an article some time back :- www.cleaning-matters.co.uk/stories/articles/-/newsletters/2006/october_2006/reach_wash_abusers_face_punishment/

100% agree that the trade is protected. However they cannot argue that the words " reach and wash " are trademarked. You cannot do this and any Court of law would reject it as the words are in the Engilsh dictionary, It is a bit  like me running along and and trade marking the words " window cleaner" and then saying I own it. ;D

Their trade mark logo is protected but there is no way they can say they own those two words. I would happily challenge in a court of law as there is no way someone can own words in the English Dictionary even phrase words. I think there is a bit of scare mongering going on.

Yes agree with trade mark but, anyone can use reach and wash.
if every english word was trad marked, how could we speak  :-X

NWH

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2008, 07:51:38 pm »
It`s trademarked for the industry it`s in ie window cleaning,anything to do with WC reach and wash belongs to ionic.What about if you had the robotic bloke pointing the other way on the van lol. ;D

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2008, 07:53:39 pm »
What if you said the bloke wasnt meant to be a representation of a man made from water but a man made from mercury or any other liquid? Put some tits on him and its a woman.

Elginn

« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2008, 07:56:13 pm »
What if you said the bloke wasnt meant to be a representation of a man made from water but a man made from mercury or any other liquid? Put some tits on him and its a woman.
Lol Well he is using a hoover or is it a carpet cleaner? it cetainly doesn't look like a wfp to me.

NWH

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2008, 07:57:29 pm »
If i ever did put anything on my van i wouldn`t be stupid enough to post pictures on a forum asking if it was alright lol,who looks in your van and who would be interested in seeing if you have a genuine system from them,i`ve seen lots of vans with there print on them but i`ve never felt the need to nose inside to see if there breaking copyright laws.Like i said before if you`d had kept your mouth shut you could have had it on the van for years.

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2008, 08:00:33 pm »
If i ever did put anything on my van i wouldn`t be stupid enough to post pictures on a forum

I have to say I understand your viewpoint.

I have my van sign written with the Ionics logo, its plastered all over my van and its got me loads of work, LOADS!!! but havent got any of there kit in my setup (no poles, no brushes no system no nought)

matt@oakleywindowcleaning.co.uk ::)

jaykie

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2008, 08:11:21 pm »
If i ever did put anything on my van i wouldn`t be stupid enough to post pictures on a forum asking if it was alright lol,who looks in your van and who would be interested in seeing if you have a genuine system from them,i`ve seen lots of vans with there print on them but i`ve never felt the need to nose inside to see if there breaking copyright laws.Like i said before if you`d had kept your mouth shut you could have had it on the van for years.

You know someone who has got it on there van but theyve actually got a brodex system, they live near you and there van is silver, oh and they wanted to go into business with you at one stage, can you guess

johnny_h

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2008, 08:24:45 pm »
change it to "wash & go" but then you might get done by nick parks
AUDI VIDE TACE

RSWindows

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2008, 08:32:19 pm »
If a manufacturer or shop or such like make a choice that makes say, the headlines and a very small amount of their POTENTIAL customers take a disliking to them then no big deal its mostly the non-customers that are changing their opinions but for something like this which is petty at best tp be on a WC forum which is 100%  the best marketplace for good reputation makes me think mabie Ionic systems are not as smart as first interperated. I mean if you had a forum that had 1500 poeple wanting their windows cleaned in your area would you slap a post om the forum telling one of them they are doing something wrong and TELLING them to do something or face court???   NO!

Im a thinking if someone called Ionics and spoke to the boss there, and told him/her the bad press that is taking place on here over a picture of a funny looking ergonome type man that clearly is not an attempt to copy their prized logo, he would be pi**ed at best.

BTW... haven't you all heard of the "no purcahse necassery" lawfull agreement?
If you are allowed to use the Ionics logo thing when you have baught a system then they cannot tell you that you cant if you have not baught one, in my perception of the law in question it would be illegal to do so.   :P

NWH

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2008, 08:37:28 pm »

You know someone who has got it on there van but theyve actually got a brodex system, they live near you and there van is silver, oh and they wanted to go into business with you at one stage, can you guess
LOL alright Chris,no actually he does have a thermopure 1000ltr in a movano.He pays or paid about £750 a month for it and asked me if he could go in with me,i asked him if he liked plums and if he did he could have a suck on mine lol,what an idiot that bloke is he does that whole hotel i told you about for free gym memebership that`s worth a tenner a week.

windowswashed

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2008, 08:45:00 pm »
Some customers moan about all the water left by the WFP method and to have Ionic's Reach & Wash logo on your van with what looks like a pole flooding below doesn't make good common sense IMO. Their logo portrays a poor visual image of WFP IMO.

I'm not trying to put Ionics down in any way as I have their gutterkeeper, two of their pole racks, their hosereel (which I thoroughly recommend although pricey) and a couple of their ergolite poles. I must admit their ergolite poles were the most rigid and lightest when they first starting selling them in the UK until Gardinerpolesystems came along and gave them some healthy competition.

jaykie

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2008, 08:47:37 pm »
The info must be wrong then as i was told he now has a static brodex system and fills to his tank, Not a banatynes member ship is it, he is ruining wfp round here as he is splash and dash, im having to tell new custys after theyve had him that if there not happy with my clean with wfp ill refund them but its still tough, I use going to a restaurant and having a dodgy mill as chef is bad doesnt mean they would never eat out again and they give me a chance then,

NWH

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2008, 08:49:50 pm »
Some customers moan about all the water left by the WFP method and to have Ionic's Reach & Wash logo on your van with what looks like a pole flooding below doesn't make good common sense IMO. Their logo portrays a poor visual image of WFP IMO.

I'm not trying to put Ionics down in any way as I have their gutterkeeper, two of their pole racks, their hosereel (which I thoroughly recommend although pricey) and a couple of their ergolite poles. I must admit their ergolite poles were the most rigid and lightest when they first starting selling them in the UK until Gardinerpolesystems came along and gave them some healthy competition.
I`ve often thought that myself,i can just imagine them saying that` what your windows look like when there done.I don`t mean to keep harping on about hot water and all that but i must admit by the time you`ve done the windows more often than not there dry,even on the coldest of days they dry in no time and apart from cleaning better that i would consider an added bonus.