Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

monkeyman

waterproofing van floor?
« on: December 22, 2008, 09:44:43 pm »
just ordered some protectakote to waterproof my van floor,i have noticed a few bolts and screws which i presume hold the floor of the van together and other various bits and pieces,do i just paint over these,any ideas? ???

matt

Re: waterproofing van floor?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 09:48:21 pm »
just ordered some protectakote to waterproof my van floor,i have noticed a few bolts and screws which i presume hold the floor of the van together and other various bits and pieces,do i just paint over these,any ideas? ???

yes, make sure you give them a good covering aswell

though look under the floor, at the rear you might have a cage under the floor that holds the spare wheel on, if thats the case, you have a option :

1. paint over it, and you will not be able to use the spare if you need to, but carry a can of puncture repair emergency air

2. undo the bolts, paint the holes etc, try not to get too much into the hole though, Then, when you put the bolts back in, put a rubber washer under it, this should keep the water from going under it

monkeyman

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 10:02:30 pm »
thanks matt is it easy to apply,was thinking of buying a cheap roller and applying it that way?

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 10:08:40 pm »
thanks matt is it easy to apply,was thinking of buying a cheap roller and applying it that way?

if you get the kit, u get gloves and 2 cheap rollers anyway.

yes easy to apply, just wear over/coveralls - safety goggles - as it splashes, shoe covers or old sh***y shoes - a hat to cover your hair etc.

The stuff doesn;t come off clothing so beware, and also takes time to come off the skin.

BTW - it stinks of those black permanent felt tips pens for days after - enjoy the high!

monkeyman

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 10:23:49 pm »
thanks for the advice matt,very helpfull.