This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matty72

problem to solve any ideas,lid on tank
« on: December 22, 2008, 08:26:58 pm »
Hello i have a 650 ltr tank, used to use it as a static tank now use it as tank in my van, when tank was in shed the top has gone all warped so cant screw lid on properly, does go on but not properly and water keeps coming out, have tried other things last idea was a swimming hat stretched on the lid openning no good water to powerful.

ANY IDEAS :'( :'(

matt

Re: problem to solve any ideas,lid on tank
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 08:35:29 pm »
Hello i have a 650 ltr tank, used to use it as a static tank now use it as tank in my van, when tank was in shed the top has gone all warped so cant screw lid on properly, does go on but not properly and water keeps coming out, have tried other things last idea was a swimming hat stretched on the lid openning no good water to powerful.

ANY IDEAS :'( :'(

you could try getting a blow torch and slowly heating the tank screw bit, they getting it fairly warm and then screwing the lid on it

failing that, wrap some PTFE tape about the thread of the tank and try and do the lid on

failing that again

get some PLUMBERS MATE ( its a type of paste ) smear it around the lid that you screw on, then screw the lid on best you can, the plumbers mate will fill in any of the gaps of the treaded lid

matty72

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 08:42:10 pm »
cheers mate, i need the lid to come on and off to fill the tank up as for heating it the whole has really warped the lid screws on but only one side and leaves a hole on other.

Great ideas though cheers

thewaterwizard

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 08:44:26 pm »
     i had same prob cured it by siliconeing inside lid and screwing it on  
  just make sure  you don't need to take it off again in a hurry
   mine is for my pressure washing set up have another onboard
  tank for windows worked for me hope this helps

robin
robin

matty72

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 08:48:51 pm »
cheers mate that sounds a good idea, i can then make a hole in lid to fill it up everyday.

Cheers Guys

thewaterwizard

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 08:56:19 pm »
  hole in lid fit hoselock tap connector  bit of silicone on
   thread   job done

robin
robin