Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Elginn

Re: ionics and my newly signed van
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2008, 07:12:10 pm »
received email today from ionics and also spoke to them on the phone,
to be honest at this stage they were friendly enough.
i still think that my icon is different to thiers but don't know where i would stand legally.
i will look into it after the xmas hols and after taking that advice i will act accordingly
ive got no axe to grind with ionics and had not even seen their logo before i was (reported) to them.
What post was your picture on? do you have a link

suds window service

« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2008, 07:17:16 pm »
new sign written van page two.......please feel free to let me know what you think

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2008, 07:19:51 pm »
received email today from ionics and also spoke to them on the phone,
to be honest at this stage they were friendly enough.
i still think that my icon is different to thiers but don't know where i would stand legally.
i will look into it after the xmas hols and after taking that advice i will act accordingly
ive got no axe to grind with ionics and had not even seen their logo before i was (reported) to them.

The sad thing is mate someone on here obviously aint that busy with nothing better to do has took the time to phone them. what a jockey whoever the sad twat is
P&R Window Cleaning

Elginn

« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2008, 07:32:58 pm »
new sign written van page two.......please feel free to let me know what you think
Dave, it does look the same ironics Logo (carpet cleaner/hoover lol) its just facing the other way.

Mind they don't make an example of you with all the bad press they get.

I have 2 mates who have/had ironic systems and they have both had problems with them, one took his out, and the other one also had bad after sales, this aloan was enough to put me off buying a system off them, and why would 2 good mates lie to me?? the one who ripped his system out, still uses there logo but he does admit it never pulls any extra work  in all because of a logo.

Bin it and save yourself the hassle get a better logo, one guy on here has a Duck and another has a jelly fish, now this type of logo would get your van better noticed than blob of water with a carpet cleaner as a logo.

suds window service

« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2008, 07:46:49 pm »
they have also told brodex to change the wording on there web site the (reach and wash bit) they have also until the 9th of jan.

Elginn

« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2008, 07:52:40 pm »
I don't think Brodex will be to bothered by them and if they feel there breaking any copyright then I expect they will remove it.

Lets hope ironcs don't trademark the words window cleaner or were all doomed  ::)

matt

« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2008, 08:56:20 pm »

Lets hope ironcs don't trademark the words window cleaner or were all doomed  ::)

thats it, 1 of the ironics users will be onto craig now, the e.mail will go like this

Dear My lord.

would it be possible for you to trademark tern " window cleaner "
this will enable me to rule the world just as you said i would

thanks
I M Asaddo

dai

« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2008, 08:59:13 pm »
A perfect illustration of branding. Ionics spend a fortune advertising that their system is the best, very difficult to convince us when they build their systems from readily available parts.
I have made the comparison with Rolex before, and I do it again, A Rolex is not a better time piece, my Casio digital keeps better time than my sons Rolex Oyster, and that's a fact. The success of Rolex was proportionate to their glossy mags advertisements, people fall for these advertisements hook line and sinker, if you can afford the advertising, you can persuade enough people that they are buying a status symbol, and that my friends is exactly what Ionics are attempting to do.

Some window cleaners that have paid well over the odds for their systems resent their own gullibility, when they realise that someone with a system costing half as much is doing just as good a job.
Of course Ionics are expensive, the cost of their advertising is built into the price.

My son recently sold his Rolex, why? Because there are so many fakes coming in from the far east nobody believed his was real. No status in wearing £3000 on your wrist when they think it's a fake.

This is what Ionics fear most, they are afraid [and so they should be] that window cleaners won't buy their systems if every Tom Dick And Harry can have their logo on the side of their van.
Ionics are trying to convince us that they are the market leaders, and that their logo is the key to business success.
I would have a picture taken of myself using the pole, and have a large silhouette made from it to put on my van, then they could go and whistle Dixie.

rhys11

« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2008, 09:09:45 pm »

thats it, 1 of the ironics users will be onto craig now, the e.mail will go like this

Dear My lord.

would it be possible for you to trademark tern " window cleaner "
this will enable me to rule the world just as you said i would

thanks
I M Asaddo

lol true
rhys

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2008, 09:16:33 pm »
dai/

A perfect illustration of branding. Ionics spend a fortune advertising that their system is the best, very difficult to convince us when they build their systems from readily available parts.
I have made the comparison with Rolex before, and I do it again, A Rolex is not a better time piece, my Casio digital keeps better time than my sons Rolex Oyster, and that's a fact. The success of Rolex was proportionate to their glossy mags advertisements, people fall for these advertisements hook line and sinker, if you can afford the advertising, you can persuade enough people that they are buying a status symbol, and that my friends is exactly what Ionics are attempting to do.

Some window cleaners that have paid well over the odds for their systems resent their own gullibility, when they realise that someone with a system costing half as much is doing just as good a job.
Of course Ionics are expensive, the cost of their advertising is built into the price.

My son recently sold his Rolex, why? Because there are so many fakes coming in from the far east nobody believed his was real. No status in wearing £3000 on your wrist when they think it's a fake.

This is what Ionics fear most, they are afraid [and so they should be] that window cleaners won't buy their systems if every Tom Dick And Harry can have their logo on the side of their van.
Ionics are trying to convince us that they are the market leaders, and that their logo is the key to business success.
I would have a picture taken of myself using the pole, and have a large silhouette made from it to put on my van, then they could go and whistle Dixie.

true / true

jerry

« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2008, 09:19:32 pm »

And that my friend I believe is one of the reasons for so much ill-feeling on this forum.

One day those that have spent SO much on a system wake up to the fact that theyve been as gullible as hell and cant stand the thought that others out there are making more than them for far less outlay.

Elginn

« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2008, 09:22:14 pm »

So true dai
Maybe like Rolex, ironics will now put a serial nimber on each of there systems so you can tell the difference from a ironic one and a DIY one. ;D

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2008, 09:29:47 pm »
YWCS

yes why not

jerry

jouk45

« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2008, 09:30:20 pm »
perfect, but they would probibly take you to court on the acount of the 3 drips in the pic  ;D

mark dew

« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2008, 09:31:09 pm »
It looks like something out of jason and the argonauts.

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2008, 09:36:20 pm »
YWCS

it looks the same but is different

but different is not the same

jerry

AuRavelling79

« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2008, 09:45:21 pm »
perfect, but they would probibly take you to court on the acount of the 3 drips in the pic  ;D

4 drips if you count the one holding the pole!
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2008, 09:53:26 pm »
I was thinking of using this on my van, do you think it would be ok?

;D ;D ;D ;D

I think its a good thing to get the kids involved in the design, but just becareful about employing preschoolers
 ;D :P ;D :P

AuRavelling79

« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2008, 09:56:34 pm »

4 drips if you count the one holding the pole!

You refering to me there malc? >:(

No, just the logo! Don't be so touchy YMCA! YWCS ;D
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2008, 10:01:21 pm »
I was thinking of using this on my van, do you think it would be ok?

;D ;D ;D ;D

I think its a good thing to get the kids involved in the design, but just becareful about employing preschoolers
 ;D :P ;D :P

Hmmmm.....

what you trying to say, it's a variation on the ancient Scottish greeting of YA BOO  ::)