This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jouk45

Re: ionics and my newly signed van
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2008, 11:37:17 pm »
bt no longer use that logo, though they still own it
exactly, bt still own it, and it is bt telecom logo but slightly changed. instead of using a trumpet, they aded a pole looking thing lol. how would they like bt to say sorry ionics you need to remove the logo from every van and product you sell, you have until the 9th  :o

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2008, 11:39:46 pm »
i think bt would have a case....not that it would ever happen, and considering their in different fields. I personaly dont rate the ionics logo anyway
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

suds window service

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2008, 11:51:50 pm »
how did ionics get in contact?

because i noticed on the pics of your van there wasnt a full phone number, did they google you?
some one told them or they were watching and listening...anyway my email is on my profile

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2008, 12:08:43 am »
now  though you will need a new logo so that "SUDS" doesn't look off centre.
I hate a sign that looks off centre >:( >:( >:(

macmac

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2008, 12:22:05 am »
If i were you mate I'd just ignor the email (do not reply!) & carry on. NO way can they legally demand anything via email!!!

Carry on & see if they realy can be arsed to make FORMAL contact, or indeed even to take it further.

alanwilson

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2008, 12:40:30 am »
if your graphic is not identical or obviously copied from theirs then they have no legal right to ask you to remove it.

if it was me they'd get politely asked to shove it
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2008, 03:37:20 am »
tell them to sod off!!!
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2008, 06:10:16 am »
Richardson,

Nice looking van, but a bit of a dilemma for you, I believe they have done it before and they do protect their copyrighted logos quite vigorously.

If you do ignore them and they decide to proceed down the legal route and win their case, then you will probably be liable for their costs.

We bought a second hand Thermopure system in a liveried Renault Trafic, it originally had the full wrap photo's on along with the wfp man, took the wrap off but left the logos on as they do look very effective.

Before buying their van I had an artist make up a similar picture to the Ionics man to put on our original WFP van (non ionics), but was advised that their logo was copyrighted and I shouldn't use it.

What's the saying "Imitiation is the greatest form of flattery"!!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2008, 07:34:21 am »
Richard, Ionics come on here under sudo names. Don't think it would be anyone else. They don't post just spy ;)

i belive people would e.mail them, they would be ionics users, some genuinely think they are better than people who use other systems,  thus if they can get one over on a non-user, they will

sad really

I believe that does happen too.  I know someone who had "reach and wash" on his leaflets (a genuine mistake rather than intentionally trying to infringe any trademarks).  Unless an Ionics worker received them through his own letterbox then that was a grass up job.  The chap concerned had no prior knowledge that Ionics had bought the rights to use that term.

Count Phil

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2008, 09:19:02 am »
Just email them and say you took the idea from the old bt logo. Say you are very sorry and didn't think they would mind as they no longer use it.

Say you just thought it would look good with a pole instead of pipes. Say you are going to contact BT immediatley and see whether they want you to remove it. Thank them kindly for pointing out your error.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2008, 09:43:38 am »
Just email them and say you took the idea from the old bt logo. Say you are very sorry and didn't think they would mind as they no longer use it.

Say you just thought it would look good with a pole instead of pipes. Say you are going to contact BT immediatley and see whether they want you to remove it. Thank them kindly for pointing out your error.

That's a pretty good suggestion IMO.
The only problem being whether the poster is prepared to defend it in court with the attendant financial risk if he loses.

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2008, 03:32:32 pm »

Right personally if you look at the pic above the image is copyrighted with the man with the pole facing towards the left with the words Reach & wash systems. The van in question which this relates to looks nothing like this at all. I wonder if Bt have contacted Ionics to express the concerns when ionics made there image (I BET NOT). If Ionics emailed me they would have got told where to go. Case of a company who think they can bully who they want.

I might email BT  ;D ;D
P&R Window Cleaning

craig b

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2008, 05:05:31 pm »
iam sure some one on this forum could tweak the bt one to suit a wfp logo...
then pass it on  it would really p them off...

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2008, 05:19:29 pm »
Ionics really are wallys accusing people of copying there logo. What they dont realise is a large amount of window cleaners use this great forum and are going to name a shame them when they get bullied by ionics.

Personally i would never buy ionics
P&R Window Cleaning

Elginn

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2008, 05:44:51 pm »
Richard, Ionics come on here under sudo names. Don't think it would be anyone else. They don't post just spy ;)
DA, I think your spot on mate take a look at this thread http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=66936.0   (ironics system user help) scroll down to Hants windows.
Its someone having problems with this very expensive bit of kit, scroll down and you will  see a new member answered very precise to the problems and then deletes his membership, so unless anyone knows any different this person is a Troll for ironics.

JSMC

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2008, 05:46:35 pm »
i am gonna photoshop a van witha number and see what happens LOL

NWH

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2008, 05:47:33 pm »
If you kept your mouth shut you`d get away with it for years.

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2008, 05:53:46 pm »
i am gonna photoshop a van witha number and see what happens LOL

I was thinking EXACTLY the same thing. Wait for the call/e-mail and rudely tell them where to get off.

Back to the original situation, do they know where you live, have they asked you to prove once youve removed the logo that youve done it. Could you not just ignore, I mean an e-mail is an e-mail but its a bit different to a knock on the door.

danny taylor

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2008, 06:08:32 pm »
I don't know if you were dobbed in by a genuine user of this site, but there were a couple of genuine posted warnings to you to remove your picture on your thread, but you chose to ignore them. They were very clear and well intentioned.
Is this one of the spies??

suds window service

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2008, 07:10:03 pm »
received email today from ionics and also spoke to them on the phone,
to be honest at this stage they were friendly enough.
i still think that my icon is different to thiers but don't know where i would stand legally.
i will look into it after the xmas hols and after taking that advice i will act accordingly
ive got no axe to grind with ionics and had not even seen their logo before i was (reported) to them.