This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

So she said .. oh well.. leave them and i will see you in january... i again said i had started , she said well im sorry but i dont want them doing until after xmas... so i said... so are you having the upstairs front, done for free then??... she said .. well you started before i could get to you so its not my fault.?????

and shut the door.

Im Quite annoyed... no im livid.

some people have  absolutely no respect. for anyone but themselves.

Anyway .. dumped.

>:(

jefftemperley

beggars belief, put a soapy applicator on a pole and give them a once over
bad weather always looks worse through dirty windows

SherwoodCleaningSe

I once had the same when I was trad, except I was up the ladder at the time and had just soaped up. 

geefree

its so annoying... im not in that area until next month now.... i should have dirtied them... but i aint made of the same stuff as her.

but she will know when i skip her month after month .. i do all her neighbours too.

Paul Coleman

So she said .. oh well.. leave them and i will see you in january... i again said i had started , she said well im sorry but i dont want them doing until after xmas... so i said... so are you having the upstairs front, done for free then??... she said .. well you started before i could get to you so its not my fault.?????

and shut the door.

Anyway .. dumped.

Presumably these people have your contact details?  I know I always make sure that they know how to contact me.  Nothing wrong with phoning you up in advance if they really need to give it a miss.  Even that can be a bit irritating but if it's very occasional I can live with it.
There's a guy around my way who signs them up for a year, has a minimum charge of about £15, and has it written in that any clean cancelled for whatever reason is a charge of £10.  Now THAT'S how to do business IMO.

edd

make sure you go back in jan and only do what  you didn't do and charge her full
YOU have to get your own back that's what I do sod um

ants

Ive got one who says only do them if my cars on the drive...cos my dogs kick off if Im not in.
Hasnt been done since August,sure enough his cars there today!Xmas clean.
Should have seen his face when I explained he had been dropped for someone more reliable

simon knight

Give me a D...d
Give me a U...u
Give me a M...m
Give me a P...p
Give me a E...e
Give me a D...d

Whatd'ya got?

She's dumped
She's dumped
I really won't be rumped
Ex customaar
Ex customaaaaaaar

She'll need to finda
Another window clina
Cos she's dumped
Cos she's dumped

She thinks
For sure
I'll be knocking at her door
Think again
Think again

She's fat
She's round
She weighs 200
Ex customaar
Ex customaaaaaaar

cbcs

Gazza don't worry about that £3.00 customer. Move on.

Give me a D...d
Give me a U...u
Give me a M...m
Give me a P...p
Give me a E...e
Give me a D...d

Whatd'ya got?

She's dumped
She's dumped
I really won't be rumped
Ex customaar
Ex customaaaaaaar

She'll need to finda
Another window clina
Cos she's dumped
Cos she's dumped

She thinks
For sure
Think again
Think again

She's fat
She's round
She weighs 200
Ex customaar
Ex customaaaaaaar

Very good!

geefree

Re: Can you give me a miss this time...? but i had started and done upstairs.
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 05:56:47 pm »
Gazza don't worry about that £3.00 customer. Move on.

now you know i dont entertain cheapos chris.... i flog them ;D

paulscotney

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2008, 06:12:17 pm »
make sure you go back in jan and only do what  you didn't do and charge her full

I think that would be a good laugh. Then dump her after.

geefree

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2008, 06:13:42 pm »
make sure you go back in jan and only do what you didn't do and charge her full

I think that would be a good laugh. Then dump her after.

Thats what i will do .

simon knight

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2008, 06:15:56 pm »

Give me a D...d
Give me a U...u
Give me a M...m
Give me a P...p
Give me a E...e
Give me a D...d

Whatd'ya got?

She's dumped
She's dumped
I really won't be rumped
Ex customaar
Ex customaaaaaaar

She'll need to finda
Another window clina
Cos she's dumped
Cos she's dumped

She thinks
For sure
Think again
Think again

She's fat
She's round
She weighs 200
Ex customaar
Ex customaaaaaaar

Very good!

Thank you Matt!

If in some small way I can bring a bit of light relief in these grim times then I'll make no apology for my miserable attempt at humour/numptyised football chant.

2 days for me then a nice long 12 day break....bring it on as not had any time off since July...I'm shagged!

Steve CM

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2008, 07:25:43 pm »

and shut the door.

Anyway .. dumped.

Presumably these people have your contact details?  I know I always make sure that they know how to contact me.  Nothing wrong with phoning you up in advance if they really need to give it a miss.  Even that can be a bit irritating but if it's very occasional I can live with it.
There's a guy around my way who signs them up for a year, has a minimum charge of about £15, and has it written in that any clean cancelled for whatever reason is a charge of £10.  Now THAT'S how to do business IMO.

i will be enforcing something similar next year with my custy's but without the 12 month contract. they will be charged full price unless i get a phone call with a valid reason. more than twice in a 12 month period will result in them being taken off the run

johnny_h

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2008, 07:35:28 pm »
i read on here along time ago the same thing had happened to a pure water guy he said to the customer no worries but ive started so i'll finish but will do them for free this time he then plugged the pole into the customers outside tap  ;D the customer called later that day saying that they were all in a right state his reply was well what do you want for free  :D ;D
AUDI VIDE TACE

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2008, 07:42:48 pm »

and shut the door.

Anyway .. dumped.

i will be enforcing something similar next year with my custy's but without the 12 month contract. they will be charged full price unless i get a phone call with a valid reason. more than twice in a 12 month period will result in them being taken off the run

I will be doing something similar with all new custies, and a letter sent to all .

for example. if they miss a clean when ive turned up to do it, i will add 20% on next time, the same again the month after - anything over 3 months requires a first clean as they will be taken off the regular list, and will be one off's. If im in the area and i have time to do them, which is double the monthly clean rate.

Stick to your business terms and advise custies up front.

Steve CM

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2008, 07:46:20 pm »
i did try to enforce some t&c a while ago but never stuck to it. they were pretty in depth to. this time round i'm gonna have about 5 basic rules and thats it and enforce them. should get everything running like clock work...hopefully ;D

Tosh

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2008, 07:48:23 pm »
Gazza,

I've had this done to me; I bet most of us have; and it'll happen more frequently during your first few years of window cleaning.

Just dump her and forget about it; you don't need customers like that.

----------------------------

Simon; good post, mate; very funny.
 ;D

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2008, 10:17:11 pm »
had a shop that wasnt doing to good and she kept doing it,wasnt bothered as i cleaned both sides as well,then 1 week her husband popped out after i had soaped window and just started wiping,not today he said, so i had a rant at him and left window as it was dried a right mess,i never went back and shop now shut down

I have a shop like that, first off it was once a week, now its once a month - tbh, nice lady owner do her house now too, but i think the shop is not really right for the area, and i can see it closing.

But least she was up front and explained the problem to me - she actually phoned me to let me know. I appreciated that. Not everyone is so willing to explain they are not doing well.