Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

supernova77

Calling all GutterVac users... Job to sub out!
« on: December 22, 2008, 11:11:00 am »
Hi All,

I may have a large gutter cleaning job (approx 470ft of guttering, 40ft high) that needs doing early January (in the Hampshire/Surrey border area)... I'll be looking to sub the work out to someone who has a GutterVac system. The work would need to be carried out on a weekend.

If you are interested at all then please send me an email with info on the system you have, your day rate etc... >> andy@southerncleaningservices.co.uk

Many Thanks,
Andy

STEVE-UK

Re: Calling all GutterVac users... Job to sub out!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 06:43:06 pm »
you have mail :)

supernova77

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 06:52:30 pm »
Thanks Steve - I just replied :)

Andy

groundhog

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 09:47:11 pm »
Sounds like the job I just picked up! I did it last year and hired out a guttervac, I won't be this time as they added on extra charges when I returned the machine saying that it was damaged, I know for a fact it wasn't! >:(  I will be using diy equipment this time, and believe it will be just as effective, and a lot cheaper!!!!!!!!! And I'm still getting the same price for the job!!  ;D

mark.laycock1@ntlw

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 09:49:58 pm »
where can i get a vac from?
mark

Glyn H

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 11:23:07 pm »
I won't be this time as they added on extra charges when I returned the machine saying that it was damaged

We have five hire systems all of which are are out on hire most every week. Personly I am only aware of two customers that have been  surcharged for damage since we have been hiring - we have no need to make up fictious damage, how would that be of benifit?
I dont check the equipment out or in but I do know that minor damage is not charged for.

groundhog

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 04:40:15 pm »
I won't be this time as they added on extra charges when I returned the machine saying that it was damaged

We have five hire systems all of which are are out on hire most every week. Personly I am only aware of two customers that have been  surcharged for damage since we have been hiring - we have no need to make up fictious damage, how would that be of benifit?
I dont check the equipment out or in but I do know that minor damage is not charged for.

Hi Glyn, I was charged something like £5 extra.... so it was something minor, which did annoy me because I was extremely careful with the equipment and I know that I did not cause any damage to it. It's a shame really because up until then I was happy with the service I recieved at omnipole!

mark dew

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 05:24:22 pm »

Hi Glyn, I was charged something like £5 extra.... so it was something minor, which did annoy me because I was extremely careful with the equipment and I know that I did not cause any damage to it. It's a shame really because up until then I was happy with the service I recieved at omnipole!

A fiver??  :o
Groundhog.  ;D

Glyn H

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 06:09:12 pm »
A fiver sounds like it was  either a broken vac head (one of the orange parts that enters the gutter) or the unit came back without being cleaned.

All hire shops charge if a piece of equipment comes back too dirty to go out on hire again.
I cannot say for sure, but I would have thought, it must have been one of the above.

If it came back dirty then a fiver was cheap as it takes a lot of time to clean up to a standard where it can out on hire.

NWH

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 06:12:49 pm »
How much are they to buy and how long does it take to get the hang of it.

Glyn H

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 09:07:55 pm »
The prices are on our dedicated website. The basics can be learned in moments to know it all takes a few different jobs, much like window cleaning you learn whilst you earn.

groundhog

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2008, 09:20:31 am »
I cleaned the machine before returning it, and it was cleaner than when I picked it up, there was no damage to the machine as I was extremely careful with it. I returned the machine and was told that everything was fine, I was then contacted later and told that they were going to charge this extra amount to my card! It was only for a small amount (£5 or £10) but it really annoyed me and has really put me off hiring from omnipole again!! So are you are now saying Glyn that you do charge for minor damage? If that is the case the machine should be checked for any damage before it goes out, and then checked as it comes back in with the person who is hiring the machine present!

Glyn H

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2008, 09:33:17 am »
Obviously the machine and equipment are checked for damage before being hired and on its return. I personally dont check and I agree with you that the machine should be checked if the customer is present.
I will talk to our staff about this.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2008, 09:38:21 am »
Why dont you ask for a refund ?

groundhog

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2008, 09:41:27 am »
Thanks Glyn, as I said I was happy with the service I recieved, it was just this that annoyed me.

supernova77

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2008, 09:50:36 am »
Thanks to the guys who have emailed me. I'll update you ASAP.

Andy

groundhog

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2008, 09:59:19 am »
Glyn, are you likely to be travelling down near the Surrey/Hants border at all during January? I have a very large gutter cleaning job there to be done during Jan, and although I did said I wouldn't be hiring out a guttervac for the job, I could be tempted if the machine was delivered to the site for free!!!!  :)  Or am I pushing my luck here  a bit!?!  ;D

matt

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2008, 10:08:07 am »
Glyn, are you likely to be travelling down near the Surrey/Hants border at all during January? I have a very large gutter cleaning job there to be done during Jan, and although I did said I wouldn't be hiring out a guttervac for the job, I could be tempted if the machine was delivered to the site for free!!!!  :)  Or am I pushing my luck here  a bit!?!  ;D

go the whole hog mate

ask for it for hire for free, Im sure glyn would be happy to keep his customers happy  ;D ;) ;D ;) ;D

matt

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2008, 10:08:31 am »

go the whole hog mate

ask for it for hire for free, Im sure glyn would be happy to keep his customers happy  ;D ;) ;D ;) ;D

oppppps i think i might have blown it, he might just read this post  ;) ;) ;)

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2008, 10:20:27 am »
I did it last year and hired out a guttervac, I won't be this time as they added on extra charges when I returned the machine saying that it was damaged, I know for a fact it wasn't! >:(  I will be using diy equipment this time, and believe it will be just as effective, and a lot cheaper!!!!!!!!!

Hmm, I can see the cogs beginning to turn, Groundhog has remembered something.....

Thanks Glyn, as I said I was happy with the service I recieved, it was just this that annoyed me.

Thats it! He has ANOTHER gutter job that needs some decent kit to do it. Hasnt got a gutter-vac himself, so....time to back-track a little, well, a little? A lot actually.

The circle has been turned. From a machine that wasnt worth using again, from a company that annoyed him (although it was because HE didnt clean the machine out himself after using it) to 'Glyn, do us a favour mate!'

Dont take it the wrong way Groundhog, but you got some front  ;D