Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Frank pole

Is the new SCUDO van any good?
« on: December 21, 2008, 09:08:02 am »
I need to get a new van on the road - I run a ducato at the mo (85 bhp) and find it sluggish when fully loaded (650 ltr system)

I like the look of the new scudo but dont know any one who has one for wpf work

My local dealer say they will be knocking another 1000.00 off the price in the new year!

Alex Gardiner

Re: Is the new SCUDO van any good?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 09:12:52 am »
They are very good. Right size, decent payload, make sure you get the more powerful engine.

GAZZA B

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 09:25:21 am »
THE BEST VAN EVER!!  You will need the 120

Gazza

macmac

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 11:12:21 am »
Fiat? :o

Make sure you're with the AA.

ok cleaning

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 11:56:35 am »
very good (ignore people who says make sure you are member of AA) just buy the one with bigger engine size 2.0lt 120bhp 1200 lt load capacity you wont look back comes with every little toy comfy quick fast how do i know that i got one (citroen dispatch) same as scudo over a year and very pleased with it

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 12:31:08 pm »
very good (ignore people who says make sure you are member of AA)
Suit yourself then.
Ignore it at your peril.  :-X
Fiat's unreliability is legendary.

Haven't you seen dozens of times on Top Gear when they mention Fiats they always talk about trips to the garage?

Frank pole

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 01:44:31 pm »
I know what your saying squeaky - Jeremy hates Fiats

I think its hit & miss with vans, Ive had 2 ducato`s - the 1st one was a 53 plate got chored at 120k with no probs & the second was a 55 plate its up to 110k and again I`ve had no probs with it - its just VERY VERY gutless with a big tank on it (650 ltr)

My brother has a vivaro 53 reg 120k its out of warranty now and he keeps having to get his hand in his pocket

I had a transit on hire 08 plate for 2 weeks in the summer - which I thought was the dogs nadgers but very expensive - 14k for a basic model

the other option is the vw transporter - but again expensive to buy

I think its a lottery when buying vans as there is always a chance that your buying a friday afternoon van from any company!

with any van you have to keep your fingers crossed that it dont brake & I dont think that a van exists that you would feel confident with out the back up of the AA

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 01:44:58 pm »
FIAT.....Fix It Again Tomorro ;D
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 02:47:44 pm »
We have two Fiat Ducatos and have never had a problem with either, very reliable

ok cleaning

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 04:04:04 pm »
may i ask what you drive  squeaky clean ? if you dont like fiats you must have someting realy reliable good looking economical may be ??????????????????? :D :D

drakestar!

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 04:14:45 pm »
Fiat cars are terrible but the vans are among the best!

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2008, 05:21:10 pm »
may i ask what you drive  squeaky clean ? if you dont like fiats you must have someting realy reliable good looking economical may be ??????????????????? :D :D
Certainly have. ;)
Not worried about mega economy though, just quality.

Pj

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2008, 05:31:24 pm »
Take no notice of all the negatives.

I had a Fiat Scudo, no problems at all, 1999, over 100K on clock not a bit of rust, great engine, sold on, still running great problem free.

What on earth do English people know about good or bad vehicles anymore???
None are made here.  A Nation of windowcleaners! ;D in a damp dull climate!

The only thing English seem to be good at is criticizing.  It's all mainly image and street cred'.  Hyundai for instance are considered rubbish here, but in NZ & Australia to name just two other places they are considered great workhorses,  the Spanish love them too.

trevor povey

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2008, 09:19:50 pm »
 Fiats Scudos,Peugeot and Citroen Dispatch I was under the impression they  all had the same peugeot diesel engine in them...which is supposed to be one of the best!  so it won,t make a slight bit of difference which one you buy as they are all the same van

paulscotney

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2008, 09:30:31 pm »
Fiats Scudos,Peugeot and Citroen Dispatch I was under the impression they  all had the same peugeot diesel engine in them...which is supposed to be one of the best!  so it won,t make a slight bit of difference which one you buy as they are all the same van

I asked a mechanic, who was actually in a Scudo,  the other day and he said the engines are different from the Expert/Dispatches. Just the bodies are the same.

NWH

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2008, 09:44:20 pm »
Fiat? :o

Make sure you're with the AA.
That made me LMAO. ;D