Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

combat1

Swirling
« on: December 20, 2008, 02:37:56 pm »
Hi Guys
I do a fair bit of trad and have mastered the art of swirling with the squeegee.
, this makes the whole process a lot faster.
A lot of my customers use glass cleaner on the exterior windows and I find this makes the swirling almost impossible, does anyone else experience this?
The glass cleaner makes the squeegee drag and I get forced to do a simple side to side squeegee movement which is slower.
Perhaps someone has the answer so thanks.

windolene

Re: Swirling
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 02:57:17 pm »
Hi,

For some reason spray cleaners reduce the effectiveness off the soap. This you know from your post but we don't know why?

Kevin WINDOELENE

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 03:10:45 pm »
Hi Guys
I do a fair bit of trad and have mastered the art of swirling with the squeegee.
, this makes the whole process a lot faster.
A lot of my customers use glass cleaner on the exterior windows and I find this makes the swirling almost impossible, does anyone else experience this?
The glass cleaner makes the squeegee drag and I get forced to do a simple side to side squeegee movement which is slower.
Perhaps someone has the answer so thanks.

whats the point of doing them if they do them themselves? or even what the point of doing them if they have a window cleaner?

combat cleaning

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 07:39:47 pm »
Chris, its a military site, so using glass cleaner as well as a window cleaner is just their way of life.
They are done eight weekly so they probably polish them inbetween calls.

mistersqueegee

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 12:02:34 am »
Most of these so called window cleaning sprays have a silicone or wax base. It's designed to give the shine they are famous for but as you've found it makes for more drag on the window. Try some friction reducer in your solution (I use a Winsol product called Super slip). You could also use a little Simple Green degreaser in the solution as it helps cut the build up a little.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 04:32:26 pm »
Unless the glass is heavily soiled, a quick polish with scrim/microfibre is all that's needed ;) ;) ;)

Whatever you do, don't wet it.

combat1

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 06:03:37 pm »
Thanks Ian
You are probably right and that would be fast!
Have a good Christmas all.