Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SherwoodCleaningSe

Time lapse video of window drying (what do you think)? New
« on: December 19, 2008, 11:53:30 pm »
Hi
With a lot of help from a good friend I've just done a new promotional video on my site to help explain wfp.  Tell me what you think, constructive criticism please.  I might have to repost a different version as I'm not sure if the video will play smoothly on all computers, if it judders or not let me know.

There is a nice bit of pure and tap water drying on the glass time laps.  Took ages to get it right.

At the moment it's on the homepage.

www.sherwoodcleaningservices.co.uk

Thanks Simon.

Added
 I've stuck the video on you tube now in the different format, so if it stutters on my page then have a look on you tube as that one although over twice the size is in a different format and shouldn't stutter on slightly older computers.  Let me still know either way though if my home page stutters.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcvmf4w2bsc

Ian W

Re: New video on my site (what do you think)?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 11:36:12 am »
I thought it was very good Simon. I liked the time lap section.  8)

It should inform your customers, which is exactly what you want.
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 12:03:30 pm »
Nice videos :D but one question why you so far away from the windows the pole does not have to be at such a angle surely? (your back must be strong doing it that way?
P&R Window Cleaning

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 12:39:37 pm »
Did the video on my site play okay for you guys or was there some jerkiness to it?

I normally stand far enough back so as not to get wet, I was also trying to clear the porch with enough room so it wouldn't get in the way of the video. My back does ache today though, all though the slx is sooo light that you can use it that angle all day long.

You wouldn't believe how long it took to do the water drying. The recording only took   about 12 mins but the setting up took hours.

Simon.

If it doesn't play well on my site please let me know so I can rectify it.

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 12:49:18 pm »
It didn't start on my page although there was an initial image in the player window. I watched the youtube one and think its pretty good vid. Worth having for sure.

Re: Time lapse window drying video (what do you think)?
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 04:25:26 pm »
VERY impressed.

M & C Window Cleaning

Re: Time lapse window drying video (what do you think)?
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 11:01:18 pm »
Hi Simon, that time lapse demo is very good. You can clearly see the superior results.
Should dispel any doubts that some might have as to the benefits of cleaning with pure water.

karygate

Re: Time lapse video of window drying (what do you think)?
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 07:19:30 am »
very informative and would sway any potential customer . well done.
gary

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2008, 05:53:41 pm »
Thanks for watching and commenting. 8)  I can take some criticism if any one thinks it could be improved.

The thing that amazes me about the tap water drying is that is goes spotty a few minuets after it's dried, I have no idea why that is though. ???  Makes me think that if your water had some contaminants and you look at the window once it has just dried, you might leave thinking that it's clean and then the spots appear a few minuets later.

Simon.

Ian W

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 07:50:39 pm »
Did the video on my site play okay for you guys or was there some jerkiness to it?

It played on your site for me. No jerkiness, everything seemed fine.
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

Mike 108

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 08:18:33 pm »
Same here. Nice video. Good idea.

Liked the look of your pole and brush. Could you let me know what they are, please?  Are the bristles single or dual trim?

Thanks

Mike

Elginn

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2008, 08:50:06 pm »
Even downloaded quick time to watch it, not jerky at all but a very good video.

OK not criticism just a couple of tiny points I noticed, that if I was a customer viewing it, I would have wanted to see the TDS reading of the pure water the same way you showed the tap water, I clearly seen the TDS of the tap water but the pure if you don't know what figure your looking for then the pure demo is meaningless.

My second point? Although it could well be the graphics of my PC but the time lapse at the finish, I could quite clearly see the difference between  the 2 windows, the pure window still looked a little grainy but please no one come back and start moaning I did say it could well be my PC.

Apart from the little pointers for you to look at again, I really did think it is an excellent video and even as it is I would be more than happy to show that on my website.

E&OE

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2008, 09:30:46 pm »
Thanks guys

Same here. Nice video. Good idea.

Liked the look of your pole and brush. Could you let me know what they are, please?  Are the bristles single or dual trim?

Thanks

Mike

The pole is an sl x from gardeners and the brush the mk 1 superlite dual trim mono from gardeners, both fantastic in my opinion.  I've also got a swivel between the brush and pole which works a treat.

Even downloaded quick time to watch it, not jerky at all but a very good video.

OK not criticism just a couple of tiny points I noticed, that if I was a customer viewing it, I would have wanted to see the TDS reading of the pure water the same way you showed the tap water, I clearly seen the TDS of the tap water but the pure if you don't know what figure your looking for then the pure demo is meaningless.

My second point? Although it could well be the graphics of my PC but the time lapse at the finish, I could quite clearly see the difference between  the 2 windows, the pure window still looked a little grainy but please no one come back and start moaning I did say it could well be my PC.

Apart from the little pointers for you to look at again, I really did think it is an excellent video and even as it is I would be more than happy to show that on my website.

E&OE

Good point as regards the tds hadn't thought of it, was just trying to cut down on time but maybe I should rethink it. 

I think I'm going to re shoot the drying again at some point, we got it good but we didn't get it perfect.  The graininess isn't on the glass, it's the background (a blanket).  It's not helped by the compression of the file for the internet either.

I've uploaded the same video but in a file size twice as big and less compressed on the video section of my site.  It might look a bit better but takes longer to download.

Simon.

Elginn

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2008, 09:59:24 pm »
Ah a blanket in the background, very good idea you had there, but get a better one Lol

Saying all that Simon, I still think its an excellent video and like I said I would show it on my website, it shows the customer rather than spending half an hour trying to explain it to them.. Well done! ;)

SherwoodCleaningSe

Re: Time lapse video of window drying (what do you think)? New
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 06:24:02 pm »
Hi

Just got an update to the video to address one of the issues, not being able to read the tds meter.  The guy that done the video would still like to sort out the time lapse section.

You can look at it from my site the video section:

www.sherwoodcleaningservices.co.uk

or in you tube:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcvmf4w2bsc

Hope you like it.

Simon.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 06:41:38 pm »
Was it me or was the video of the water drying particularly dark?  It took me a couple of minutes to realise I was looking at at two panes of glass, on my computer they looked more like two sheets of dark blue plastic.

Having said that, I think the idea is fantastic.  It says what we all try to tell our custies in the most convincing way.

How about selling copies for us to put on our own sites? ;D ;D

mikethechamois

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2009, 06:48:11 pm »
worked well on my old lap top

good video very informative

Handyman Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 06:58:00 pm »
Nice videos :D but one question why you so far away from the windows the pole does not have to be at such a angle surely? (your back must be strong doing it that way?

i stand that far back, you can see the bottom of the window then
Stephen C Brophy

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2009, 08:52:26 pm »
Was it me or was the video of the water drying particularly dark?  It took me a couple of minutes to realise I was looking at at two panes of glass, on my computer they looked more like two sheets of dark blue plastic.

Having said that, I think the idea is fantastic.  It says what we all try to tell our custies in the most convincing way.

How about selling copies for us to put on our own sites? ;D ;D

I'm gonna redo the time lapse bit some time.  I'll have to suggest selling the video to the guy that helped me and see what he says, sure he'd like to make a fast buck. 8)

DASERVICES

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2009, 09:22:28 pm »
Very good video is that your voice or did you get a public speaker.

Lol like the commenton page "Here we see the attractive window cleaner" ;D