This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Moderator David@stives

Re: do you knock or just start poling?
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2008, 02:18:36 pm »
I have never knocked before starting in 10 years, on most we dont knock when we have finished either.

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2008, 02:45:52 pm »
Always knock first while setting up.
Just out of politeness to let the punter know we are there.
Very rarely get not today ,if we do and its not a genuine reason
then we explain regular/reliableservice/etc.
If it happens twice (without genuine reason) =binned.
Russ

Fully agree. I dont care what anyone says, NONE of us personally would want people walking around the rear of our houses even if we knew them without knowing.

Id always want to be told first.

You never know what sort of uncompromising/embarrassing position you could find yourself or them in if you dont. Which could also lead to you getting the boot

Id knock after getting out of the van, and then go and get the gear ready to start the front, i dont hang around waiting for them to answer - it doesn't take any longer. If they choose to open the door its up to them (and then i say just letting you know ive arrived and will be working about your property). Least i made the polite thing to do, and warn them ive arrived.

You dont need to knock again till you have finished the other work in the area anyway, so that increases the time span, so they think its taken longer.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2008, 03:14:55 pm »
I have never knocked before starting in 10 years, on most we dont knock when we have finished either.

How do you collect if you don't at least knock on the door when you have finished?!

For many years I used to always knock first, but as has been repeatedely mentioned, it just gives the customer the option to say 'not today thank you'.
I no longer knock, we just get on with it...of course there are a few where you have to either knock first, call them on phone or text them, because of locked gates and other access issues.

Although it's off topic, the 'pound a minute' thing is spot on, if you want to earn at a reasonable rate then you really do have to be up around there somewhere.
My own criteria is a 'pound per minute worked' ie, the actual time it takes to clean the windows, not allowing for driving to and from, or setting up.
If you can get this right then you are just about on the money...you are not going to be earning 60 quid an hour or £480 a day! There are just to many other factors involved for that to happen.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

supernova77

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2008, 03:21:00 pm »
I always knock first - Have never had a problem with customers saying "not today thanks". They are always pleased to see me  ;)

Andy

steven ainger

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2008, 03:27:18 pm »
i always knock first, but always have the pole with me and have already started on the first window before the customer opens the door, and have never had any trouble with the, not todays thanks.
i just say, hi, just letting you know im hear.

WCE

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2008, 04:36:42 pm »
i text the night before, i start each message with "automated message", so they don't text back to cancel. they know i'm coming, so i just get on with it.
Thats what I do for the one with locked gates - much better than phoning!
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!