Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

peter holley

Re: Turning Points
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2008, 05:39:18 pm »
your still living with your parents then?

matt

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2008, 05:44:19 pm »
Ewan, your trouble is you put up a post (you've done it several times) asking a question about someones buisiness. They reply quite innocently and then you jump on them telling them they've got it all wrong, they don't know what they are talking about and they know nothing about business you then proceed to lecture them on how to do it, when it turns out you know very little about your own. Do you wonder why you are often described as a troll?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D .......... aparently if you put a row of these at the end you can say what you like.  ;D

Well you lot do have some funny ways about doing things, it does make me laugh.

To be fair I’m not really interested in your business, (don’t take this personal) I don’t think you understand enough same as the matt’s although you lot would be good for advice on DIY (don’t take that personally either) as you are strong in that area.

I do actually understand something about business and I do understand my own business, the reason for the thread is starting, next year I have taken some work of some very well run window cleaning firms I have got them on the back foot, so I know I am doing something right going to be a turning point as it’s taken a couple of years to get here, or to put it so you understand I always turn down work (everyday) for less than £25.00, not bragging and I’m not rolling in cash, but I am up to something and the money will come later, whereas to many chase the money now, when you should be patience.

But then again, you do know best

I think the real trolls have been on here for a long time and have gone nowhere!

If I am still posting this regular in another two years I will agree to being a Troll!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :P

you have mentioned me in this again, so i will reply

i guess im not the best business person in the world, i know that, i run my biz fairly basically, the reason, i cannot take anymore work on, im running at 110 %, now this will change when i work full time, but thats 3 years down the line, see im the type of guy ( i guess you hate ) who thinks, if its working and its doing fine, then why change it, im after a simple life, i dont want to employ ( now keep in mind, ive run building jobs, ive run houseing association new kitchen / shower contracts ) ive done all the ordering, all the "getting trades in at the right time " and all the paperwork, this doesnt scare me, i can do it,ive slept with a pad next to the bed for when i wake up and remmber i need to order something or get a plumber down for the day etc etc BUT, i come home from work and spend time with the family ( currently having a bath ), its fairly easy to understand if you think about it, will it change when they are slightly older and not wanting to do silly things with dad, i guess so

you mention your 25 quid work, i have a number of big houses, its a funny thing, i earn the same on them as i do on the 10 quid houses ( well the bigger houses are a slight bit more, but nothing to write home about ), i know that a row of 10 quid houses can earn me the same as 5 25 quid houses, done in the same time, as you say, its not rocket science is it

matt

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2008, 05:46:06 pm »
Some say, I am an adult with responsibilities.

Hope that’s answered your questions, p holly

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

nothing wrong in still living with parents, though it does explain a little more now

peter holley

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2008, 05:50:21 pm »

a polititions answer ::)

matt

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2008, 05:52:17 pm »

a polititions answer ::)

ive asked him once before if he is a politician, he does like the non-answers

peter holley

« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2008, 05:55:20 pm »
 ewan said..........quote...For example about a year ago I went and got some work that would pay all my bills, the idea was I would only have to clean one a day but that would be enough to pay the bills, I still keep these jobs today. Although it has crossed my mind this last week to get rid of them in the near future, because things have moved on. Just a bit of silly fun but I never worried about paying the bills just because of these few jobs.

i job a day to pay your bills.  ::) thats why i wondered if you were a homeowner!
i personally understand and agree with a lot of your posts, but you do have a habbit of contradicting yourself.

ftp

« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2008, 05:56:22 pm »

I just take it you want me to spell it out.

No, home owner with family and all the associated cost if that is what you are wondering about, child care being the biggest bill

I thought you said Tax was the biggest bill - remember?

Oh i remember, you also said you didn't pay tax since you started this job.

Confused or what?

NWH

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2008, 06:10:57 pm »
Matt you have your own issues, as does a few others I don’t care if you only work part time and were a Stetson or whatever it is that seems to bother you, but you and others definitely have issues.

I don’t feel the need to defend or justify myself on here, don’t think I ever have, although I will post.

Good on ya buddy. ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2008, 06:21:54 pm »
If more of my time is taken with small jobs, not that there is anything inherently wrong with this work and I don’t make the decision lightly I wouldn’t be able to do what I’m trying to do.

It’s not complicated is it, like I have said in a few post good part of the fun with being self employed you are able to do things like this.

As soon as I hit a particular figure I will employ someone (another turning point), take a hit in pay, but like I said the money will come later. The moment I settle in a routine it’s time to move things along next year I will have to establish a new routine with the new work and my refreshed outlook on things.

It’s all part of the fun, that’s why I post the way I do, looking ahead I suppose.

Enjoy the freedom being self employed give’s you, and mould you business as it suits you.

For example about a year ago I went and got some work that would pay all my bills, the idea was I would only have to clean one a day but that would be enough to pay the bills, I still keep these jobs today. Although it has crossed my mind this last week to get rid of them in the near future, because things have moved on. Just a bit of silly fun but I never worried about paying the bills just because of these few jobs.

There is something in what you say IMO.  Bumping along in an overly settled manner can become demotivating after a while.  I intend to freshen things up in the new year.  Intend to increase my monthly turnover by a minimum of 30% by the end of this accounting year (September) whilst freeing myself from much of the lower paid work.

matt

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2008, 06:21:57 pm »
Matt you have your own issues, as does a few others I don’t care if you only work part time and were a Stetson or whatever it is that seems to bother you, but you and others definitely have issues.

I don’t feel the need to defend or justify myself on here, don’t think I ever have, although I will post.

issues, i have issues with people who pretend to be big time charlies coming on here, putting down people who are happy with a sole trader sized round, then it turns out that the said " big time charlie" isnt as successfull as it was first implied, infact "big time charlie" is even not as big as " sole trader window cleaner ", we have seen it a few times before, they come and go, but are soon found out

you dont need to defend or justify yourself to me, afterall im not on the attack, as personally i dont care enough about you to attack or seek justification

jaykie

« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2008, 06:49:24 pm »
Im glad certain people are getting stick as its this sort that are the reason that some dont post as much on here anymore, the truth always comes to light in the end, just looked back at some of the posts where these certain people tried telling me how i do things wrong and wont succed with my methods, oh how i laugh  ;D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2008, 06:58:32 pm »
Turning Point:

Fitting a large enough tank in the vehicle to allow two of us to do all the windows on every house with the pole system. Why didn't we do that from day one? It was early days and forums like this didn't exist to ask advice.

matt

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2008, 07:47:26 pm »

issues, i have issues with people who pretend to be big time charlies coming on here, putting down people who are happy with a sole trader sized round, then it turns out that the said " big time charlie" isnt as successfull as it was first implied, infact "big time charlie" is even not as big as " sole trader window cleaner ", we have seen it a few times before, they come and go, but are soon found out

you dont need to defend or justify yourself to me, afterall im not on the attack, as personally i dont care enough about you to attack or seek justification

Turning point for you could be you might want to stop harassing people on here!

you have brought my name into this discussion a few times, im just repling to posts, its a discussion forum, thats what its for

You admit you have issues, says it all really and just because you have a few who agree with and are like minded that doesn’t make you right.

we all have issues of some kind, you seem to have issues with people who DIY kit, people who are not " big time charlies"

There have been some very successful window cleaners who have had enough of yours and others post and they are “big time Charlie’s” compared to you, and that’s what you don’t like.

honeslty, not bothered if you earn 1 mill a year, i have mates who have BIG building companies, they employ alot of blokes, my daugthers god father has a  very successfull company,  you seem to think i am jealous of them, if they are happy then thats great, but it doesnt impress me what they drive or if they light a ciger with a 50 quid note, money doesnt do it for me, standard of life and lifestyle does, some1 on here does a bit of surfing, now thats great in my eyes, he is living his life how he wants

Part time or DIY, this type of window cleaner doesn’t really matter to the big time Charlie’s, but you have made it clear on numerous occasions you do have a problem with it, ironic isn’t it.

Im glad i dont matter to them, what gets me is when they put people like me down, because im hapy with my lot and i dont want to employ

Fact is it’s not as important as you would like to believe, big blow to your ego. Stop comparing yourself, your either part time or DIY or both compare like with like.

it isnt allways that clear though, i have some very nice commercial work, so im part-time, i DIY kit, YET i have some nice contracts that do compare to " big time charlies " , see the lines do blur, or is that too confusing for you

What you going to do next compare yourself to Ionic or OCS, see what I mean.

nope, but i know OCS are about to lose some work, which i could do, i know they will not care, as they have enough work, but thats beside the point

Put it this way I don’t compare myself to you. I bet you still don’t get it.

put it this way, i know you dont, i have enough good quality work, now thats a great feeling, the feeling that i dont need to change my work for better paying stuff, and i qoute : Start of year three will be like beginning again,

you might find it hard to understand, i dont need to start again, as ive just about got it right

replied in red, why do i bother to reply, well i just dont want you to feel like im ignoring you

now im off to have pizza and watch the simpsons with my daughter

matt

« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2008, 09:25:58 pm »
for the record

the big time charlies i speak of are the people who come on here and look down at the guy who is happy with his round he works on his own, he might even drive a old van or car

now the successfull people on here who have the biz that they want, they employ a few guys etc etc, dave st ives for example ( i know of a fair few, i have even spoken to 2 guys ) i have utmost respect for them and if i were to exapnd in the future and take on a lad etc etc, i would gladly ask for advice off them and i would listen to them, they are the people who have it yet they do not have to mock / look down at the guys who dont, they do not need to judge others

you also find that the big time charlies, do not have it all, they like to think they have, but in many cases its all blag, window cleaners tales, along the lines of the fisherman who caught the biggest fish in the lake, of course no1 was a round , he then put it back to fight another day

NWH

« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2008, 09:28:35 pm »
I don`t know about that Matt i`ve spoken to a good few on here on the phone and you might not think they don`t but they do trust me,they just don`t like to come across like that on here.

matt

« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2008, 09:36:34 pm »
I don`t know about that Matt i`ve spoken to a good few on here on the phone and you might not think they don`t but they do trust me,they just don`t like to come across like that on here.

fair enough, speak as you find ;)

« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2008, 09:37:36 pm »
I like to argue with both Matt and Ewan.

Matt has become more hardworking and a better businessman but still aspires to be ordinary and a plain working man. He is very good at practical things, and would i think be a good and fair boss to have.

Ewan asks many of the right questions and seeks knowledge. He is hardworking, honest and will be a success, but has to realise that he can't force his opinions on others even when he is right.

When I say i like to argue i mean when i am interested in something. I try to avoid trying to win an argument just for the sake of it.

« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2008, 09:38:41 pm »
I try to avoid trying to win an argument just for the sake of it.

Rubbish!! ::)

matt

« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2008, 09:49:50 pm »
I like to argue with both Matt and Ewan.

Matt has become more hardworking and a better businessman but still aspires to be ordinary and a plain working man. He is very good at practical things, and would i think be a good and fair boss to have.

funny enough i was thinking earlier, im sure ive had the same discussion with clive, thats a good point, i like to think of myself as a ordinary working man ( i could never be described as plain ;)) in reality i do well out of it , so a well paid working man i guess

im not sure why you stopped getting on my case, i like to think you finally understood me, but from your post above it might be because you belive ive improved and now work harder ;), a bit of both p.haps ? ? ? ?

we did have some good discussions ;)

peter holley

« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2008, 09:53:23 pm »
...diy....ionics....diy ....ionics.... :D