This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Turning Points
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2008, 10:28:35 pm »
Matt Oakley
I promise you I try very hard not to rattle peoples cages (although sometimes i just blurt things out). I try to stick to the issues.

In my own way I do try to help people, but in reality not once have i succeeded on here. I try to help people earn more money but mostly get into a row about telling people how to run their lives. Examples?
You. Bigger tank
Other Matt and Jeff1. Buy and use a van
Squeaky. Self belief
Mike Boxal. Develop better income streams.
Georgesystems. give a seperate cash figure
Alex. Partner the xls oversees

Many of these as arguments are unwinnable anyway.

« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2008, 10:31:05 pm »
I was joking, remember them??  ;D

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2008, 10:32:41 pm »

I promise you I try very hard not to rattle peoples cages

PMSL!!!!

I'll nominate that for bizarre quote of the month!!!

:)

jaykie

« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2008, 10:33:33 pm »

matt

« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2008, 10:45:37 pm »

i have a van now, its a berlingo multispace

i also have a 400 L tank, its still in my garden, ordered when i knew i had my hernia ( a few weeks before i went to orlando/disney ) its been sat in the garden for allmost 3 months, i will get it installed over the christmas break

not sure on the hose from the van though, i will get a hose / reel and the like, but i still think my cart will be faster fro my round, BUT im going to give it a fair go, 1 turnaround with the cart and then 1 with the reel

who knows, getting a hose reel could become a " turning point "

matt

« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2008, 10:47:23 pm »

more bitching please??? ;D ;D ;D ;D

im watching with interest :o

its better than TV  ;D ;D

though im off to watch herbie full loaded, i sky +'ed it , incase any rushes off to watch it, its half over )

peter holley

« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2008, 10:49:01 pm »
who gives a monkeys arse?

for goodnesake you all end up on a slab when your dead! only YOU know your own circumstances and aspirations...success is measured when you reach YO UR goal...that goal could be having a wee with your trousers on!!! aaarrggg this forum dus mynut in ;D

more bitching please??? ;D ;D ;D ;D

im watching with interest :o

im a nutter by the way ..thatsa why people ignore me... ... this is fun you are all nuts ;D ;D ;D

mark dew

« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2008, 10:51:51 pm »
discount, you are fantastic.  ;D

Turning points were finding wc forums. My profitability increased by half or more within 6 months of doing this.
2nd was inheriting money and using it to buy van and wfp gear. Invested rest towards 1st house. So having something to work for and investing in kit that allows me to meet commitments, quite easily was a milestone.
The 3rd is a turning point in progress really. Writing risk assessments and being more safety conscious is what i'm doing with some of my work at the moment.
Threads like the guttervac, sl2 etc are making me look into this type of market. With the kit in place i will then concentrate investing on the marketing side. Website, quality staionary etc.

peter holley

« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2008, 11:08:31 pm »
No, success is a result not a goal.

See you learn something everyday.   ewan said...

ewan you have given away far to much.... it apears you have knowledge but you dont know how to use it ...from what you give away in your posts i pay more tax than you earn ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D    as you dont pay tax!!!!!

oh thats right im thick and cant run a buisness :D

thats why i asked your age and if you lived with mummy and daddy?

you talk knowledge of an intelect but spout nonsense in terms of life experience

im not alone in my opinions ::)

« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2008, 11:10:11 pm »
Ewan as you appear to be ignoring the thread on vans and the two incidents of me asking you what vehicle you drive, Ill ask you here.

Ewan what is your works vehicle?

matt

« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2008, 11:10:46 pm »

That part was okay. It's my attempts to put a little bit back that have failed.

i will only quote a little bit as you mention your going to delete it ;)

i believe you have tried to help others, your electric reel idea, i know it works well for you, it was the rather OTT you went about it that was funny, it was as if you had the whole board doing a drum role

fair play for trying though, i still wonder if some1 a little more humble had mentioned it, people who are known to DIY stuff, Jeff B or even myself, i wonder what the outcome would have been, would a few more have given it a go ? ? ? ?

matt

« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2008, 11:11:47 pm »

i have a van now, its a berlingo multispace

i also have a 400 L tank, its still in my garden, ordered when i knew i had my hernia ( a few weeks before i went to orlando/disney ) its been sat in the garden for allmost 3 months, i will get it installed over the christmas break

not sure on the hose from the van though, i will get a hose / reel and the like, but i still think my cart will be faster fro my round, BUT im going to give it a fair go, 1 turnaround with the cart and then 1 with the reel

who knows, getting a hose reel could become a " turning point "

That would be a turning point at your level, don’t be so hard on yourself.    :P

at my level ? ? ? ? , well i guess at your level it would be ground breaking then eh  ;D ;D ;D ;D

ftp was right, the  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D works  ;)

NWH

« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2008, 11:12:17 pm »
Probobly not.

NWH

« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2008, 11:18:03 pm »
NoI don`t do it the Mrs does lol,now now Dave will pull you up on having a go at peoples spelling.Nice name that Holley this time of year. ;D

peter holley

« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2008, 11:32:42 pm »
NoI don`t do it the Mrs does lol,now now Dave will pull you up on having a go at peoples spelling.Nice name that Holley this time of year. ;D

LOL ;D

Londoner

« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2008, 08:11:11 am »
I would say the big turning point for most people it when their income is enough each week to pay the bills. It may not sound like a big turning point but it sure feels good.

ftp

« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2008, 08:32:08 am »
I've found a turning point - i'm turning away from Ewans  posts.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2008, 06:41:31 pm »
what marketing course did you do Ewan? ill start a new topic and give you the chance to shine.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2008, 06:42:59 pm »
Turning Points:-

1. 2004 Joining and using this forum (thanks guys)
2. 2005 WFP (trolley)
3. 2006 Van mounted system

And not a turning point, but a gradual process - pricing correctly.
It's a game of three halves!

supernova77

« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2008, 06:57:09 pm »
Leaving my IT job back in December 2005 with only 1 months money to live off of, and 0 customers... That made me canvass, canvass, canvass.

When I look back I think that maybe it was a silly thing to do - But would I be where I am now if I hadn't taken the risk? Probably not, so I'm glad I did take the risk :)

Andy