Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

supernova77

Giving WFP a bad name
« on: December 18, 2008, 12:21:39 am »
Have a look at this video:

uk.youtube.com/watch?v=syqHU6x7Jac

This guy is rubbish... He gives no attention to detail at all. He doesn't get into the corners of the window properly.

If a potential WFP customer saw this video (or similar) I think it would put them right off... It just makes it look like WFP is a rush job.

Andy

geefree

Re: Giving WFP a bad name
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 12:30:19 am »
Thats the worst i have seen..

did he rinse it...  :o

i did not see much of the top frame being cleaned....

and his brush kept dropping on the glass , which he had cleaned... whilst he was talking.

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 02:08:25 am »
I liked the way he kept pointing out that not doing it his way could loosen dirt. ;D
now, I've not started yet with the Wfp, but don't you want to loosen the dirt. ???
so that the window is clean ::)
just a thought.

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 08:04:55 am »
He's on the forum.

cat9921

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 09:11:14 am »

This guy is rubbish... He gives no attention to detail at all. He doesn't get into the corners of the window properly.

If a potential WFP customer saw this video (or similar) I think it would put them right off... It just makes it look like WFP is a rush job.

Andy

So you do not like my video  ;D ... I think one of the main problems with this video is the audio .. in the video I am saying what to do and what NOT to do and pointing out these things to help other window cleaners /// You know learn from my mistakes

But as for not cleaning the corners I dissagree I did clean them  :P

Andy If you think its that bad and giving us a bad name let me know and I will remove it  :)

I liked the way he kept pointing out that not doing it his way could loosen dirt. ;D
now, I've not started yet with the Wfp, but don't you want to loosen the dirt. ???
just a thought.

NOT from the house brick and vents on the windows which is what I pointed out  ;)

did he rinse it... :o

and his brush kept dropping on the glass , which he had cleaned... whilst he was talking.

Yes I rinsed and I pointed out its best to have the brush off the glass as for the top of the frame I did not clean as this was not a first clean but a maintenance clean //// admittedly a lot of WFP cleaner clean the frames all the time but not all  ::)   :D

Adders Rinse And Clean ( the worst video ever )

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 09:47:30 am »
Whoever says he's doing a rubbish job surely has always done it wrong. Listen to what he's saying, do you have your sound on?

There are many ways of using wfp, but this is the correct technique he is using.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 09:51:44 am »
just a thought.

If you haven't used wfp, how are you going to comment on it?

He's trying to explain that, if you keep going over the top of the frames whilst doing the window, you are asking for trouble, ie. drips keep falling down. He did not say that you shouldn't loosen the dirt.

Have a look at what Alex is doing here, not much different :

uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dJMdSciKf9M

geefree

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 09:52:45 am »
i had no sound  ::) ::) ???

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 09:53:21 am »

lovewindows

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 09:54:05 am »
Adders , presentation 3 out of 10 information 6 out of 10 , it looks like you haven't prepared or reviewed properly i'm positive you could do a better job if you tried, as it is you're bound to get stick.
Why not do it again properly and show how proffesional you can be.
dont look who's to blame, look how to fix it. anon

[GQC] Tim

Re: Giving WFP a bad name New
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 09:56:20 am »
Adders , presentation 3 out of 10 information 6 out of 10 , it looks like you haven't prepared or reviewed properly i'm positive you could do a better job if you tried, as it is you're bound to get stick.
Why not do it again properly and show how proffesional you can be.

You guys treat it like Rocket science.

Brush frames, makes sure it stops dripping a bit, brush window, rinse. Yes there are other little things, but c'mon. Take a look at Alex's video, that's pretty much the same, yet it's more professionally shot.

matt

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 10:21:23 am »
personally i think Adders has done a good job, sure its not the latest lucas arts project, but its on the button giving people a bit of advice if you starting out etc etc

he does the top edge and then does the sides, then does the glass, isnt that about it

its fairly simple

brush around the edges of the glass, brush all the glass

life brush and rinse

walk away

karygate

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2008, 02:03:02 pm »
personally i think Adders has done a good job,

matt glynn will love you forever .he has been waiting for someone to tell him that. ;D ;D

in his defense his wfp,ing is better than his camera work. been watching him today live in the street and its nothing like on the video (still not sayingh it is any better) ;D ;D ;D

but if you want help, advice or just a laugh he we provide all that and more and so will sidekick kelly.
gary

s.w.c

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2008, 04:35:43 pm »
i see people are quick to knock others, i take it there all perfect the knockers, i dont see them putting on vids, it was a brief demonstration for the newcomers , there seems to be a couple of different ideas on how it should be done it dont matter what ways you use as long as the job is done right.

Klean07

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2008, 04:57:26 pm »
I didn't think there was anything wrong with the video. Some people are too fussy on here.
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

WCE

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 05:15:59 pm »

Andy

did he rinse it...  :o

So this guy tries to help others by taking the time to produce a video showing you how it's done and you guys just want to have a pop. His method seems fine to me for maintenance cleans but thats really nothing to do with it anyway. The point is this fellow forum member has taken the time to produce a video - lets see yours! Exactly you haven't done any so until you have had a go and made a video that we can rip apart leave him alone!

just a thought.
Oh my god I was on the floor with that one ;) ;D
How can you make comments about something you have no experience in?  I tell you what go forth and loosen all that top frame dirt and watch the complaints roll in! Seriously its guys like you who Adders is trying to help so why put him down? He is advising you based on his experiences (of which with WFP you have none) so why put the guy down? 
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

scud

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 05:19:21 pm »

Andy

If a potential customer was sad enough to spend their evenings searching youtube looking at window cleaners I wouldn't want to get stuck chatting to them, they may just bore me to death.

s.w.c

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 05:30:59 pm »
well said WCE, i think its attitudes like the knockers and the stuck up mr perfects why i need to give this forum a rest as im getting peed off with people. shame it aint a bad forum but cant deal with these idiots much more. well done adders keep it up sunshine.

supernova77

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008, 05:36:10 pm »
Sorry cat9921 - I re-read my posting and I didn't mean it to sound that harsh.

I just thought it looked like a rush job, and if the customer saw their window cleaned like that then probably wouldn't be too impressed.

I hope I didn't offend you too much mate.

Andy

williamx

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2008, 05:44:49 pm »
The way I clean a window is.

I really scrub the frames first, if there is a vent, this is also scrubed until no more dirt comes out of it, this was missed on the video, all you need is for a dribble of dirty water to come out of there and in comes the complaints or the customer will  moan to anyone who will listen, if they don't contact you which a lot don't do.

The the glass is cleaned along the top of the pane first, then in sweeping up and down strokes the rest of the window is cleaned.

Next the window is given a rinse, this will show up any grains of dirt which might still be there (if there is dirt particles on the glass then re-clean)

And finally the sills are scrubbed, remember to jet wash the edge of the frame and sill, this is were a lot of dirt hides, then wipe the sills dry with a cloth (only on the ground floor).