This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

s.w.c

Re: Giving WFP a bad name
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2008, 05:52:39 pm »
Sorry cat9921 - I re-read my posting and I didn't mean it to sound that harsh.

I just thought it looked like a rush job, and if the customer saw their window cleaned like that then probably wouldn't be too impressed.

I hope I didn't offend you too much mate.

Andy

how to back peddle. ::) ::) ::)

karygate

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2008, 05:53:53 pm »
The way I clean a window is.

I really scrub the frames first, if there is a vent, this is also scrubed until no more dirt comes out of it, this was missed on the video, all you need is for a dribble of dirty water to come out of there and in comes the complaints or the customer will  moan to anyone who will listen, if they don't contact you which a lot don't do.

The the glass is cleaned along the top of the pane first, then in sweeping up and down strokes the rest of the window is cleaned.

Next the window is given a rinse, this will show up any grains of dirt which might still be there (if there is dirt particles on the glass then re-clean)

And finally the sills are scrubbed, remember to jet wash the edge of the frame and sill, this is were a lot of dirt hides, then wipe the sills dry with a cloth (only on the ground floor).      

nicely put but i would not tell the customers you jet wash i say about same pressure as water gun.
gary

geefree

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2008, 05:59:17 pm »
Oh come on guys.... bloomin heck.... give the forum a rest because they have a different view point?... stuck up because they like to do a perfect job?

Its an opinion of water washing a window.... thats all.

Its also a forum, for expressing personal views and opinions.

Take a blooming chill pill. ::)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2008, 06:03:07 pm »
i see people are quick to knock others, i take it there all perfect the knockers, i dont see them putting on vids, it was a brief demonstration for the newcomers , there seems to be a couple of different ideas on how it should be done it dont matter what ways you use as long as the job is done right.

What's wrong with perfect knockers...? ;D
It's a game of three halves!

gary999

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2008, 07:35:23 pm »

I really scrub the frames first, if there is a vent, this is also scrubed until no more dirt comes out of it, this was missed on the video, all you need is for a dribble of dirty water to come out of there and in comes the complaints or the customer will  moan to anyone who will listen, if they don't contact you which a lot don't do.

The the glass is cleaned along the top of the pane first, then in sweeping up and down strokes the rest of the window is cleaned.

Next the window is given a rinse, this will show up any grains of dirt which might still be there (if there is dirt particles on the glass then re-clean)

And finally the sills are scrubbed, remember to jet wash the edge of the frame and sill, this is were a lot of dirt hides, then wipe the sills dry with a cloth (only on the ground floor).      

must have been watching me work locally ;)

danny taylor

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2008, 07:58:08 pm »
I thought it was fine. If he was that thorough all the time he wouldnt make much money. Stop the knocking.

williamx

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2008, 08:10:32 pm »

must have been watching me work locally ;)

I had to do 250 windows for the a 1st clean today, they were all minging, my muscles wish it was someone else who had done them ::)

Whats you company name gary, as you live in the same area as me?

cat9921

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2008, 02:58:54 pm »
Sorry cat9921 - I re-read my posting and I didn't mean it to sound that harsh.

I just thought it looked like a rush job, and if the customer saw their window cleaned like that then probably wouldn't be too impressed.

I hope I didn't offend you too much mate.

Andy

No m8 you did not offend me /// crushed my spirit and lost my will to live plus I am seeing more of my psychiatrist  ;D ( only joking

like I said the video is to help newbees but the sound is terrible so I will be making an updated one in the near future .. Would appreciate what you would like to see in the video to make it better.....

As for the rest of the people responding to this post a big thankyou for alll your comments, Much appreciated  ;)

Glyn ( Adders Rinse And Clean )

Richy L

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2008, 04:05:50 pm »
Ive seen a few WFPers near me who take ages cleaning a single window. Going over and over it again rinsing for ages, when there is no need.
For maintenance cleans you dont need to spend so long cleaning them.I think the video was fine, if anything, he took too long cleaning them.

I have been using WFP for about 9 years now, you dont need to spend so long scrubbing.

bumper

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2008, 07:59:59 pm »
is that it any idiot  including me can wfp,   even a monkey can do that huh