Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Susan Dean (1stclean)

Re: top set up, suits you clinton.
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2008, 06:16:32 pm »
thing is if you know anybody in the car trade 5 pounds gets you a real h.p.i. check on the van not one of theses poop tx things ....

also if your clever and pay a small depsit say 50 pounds then ring h.m.  with the owners consent they may tell you if these anything outstanding on the unit  they never forget a t.m. they have sold

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2008, 06:28:02 pm »
Leasing is great but why not buy it through a loan? simular if not cheaper repayments.

Derek you paid yours cash because you have just started up (And I would have in the same position)after a while in business you tend to keep your own money and pay a loan from business expenses.

Shaun

David_Annable

« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2008, 06:47:32 pm »
Hi

£11K loan over 3 years works out at £345 a month.

Dave
NCCA, Woolsafe, IICRC Leather Cleaning Technician

derek west

« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2008, 06:58:27 pm »
good point shaun.

better wave though ;D

bet ya can't wave with both hands and wand at the same time?

derek

clinton

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2008, 07:09:32 pm »
 ;D

Give us a wave shaun ;D

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2008, 11:01:21 pm »
Leasing is great but why not buy it through a loan? simular if not cheaper repayments.

Derek you paid yours cash because you have just started up (And I would have in the same position)after a while in business you tend to keep your own money and pay a loan from business expenses.

Shaun
Shaun

Leasing keeps liabilities off-balance-sheet and therefore help keep lines of finance open. Although to most cc's there is probably not that much difference.

Re paying in cash. There can be tax advantages in taking finance as opposed to paying cash, but the differences only really become obvious once you are in the to the hundreds of thousands.

The reason most established cc's will take finance is because they have a proven track record of generating profits which will repay a liability month on month. Most will not have put money aside each month to pay outright for new equipment on top of their existing commitments whereas a newbie doesn't have a track record and has to rely on a cash lump sum up front. In effect a barrier to entry to the industry which can often be overcome by borrowing from friends and family if they don't have access to the money themselves. It often means they are under capitalised and hence struggle from day one.

And for those who do take finance they need to be aware that some finance agreements come with a balloon repayment and they should be putting money aside each month over-and-above the actual liability repayment to meet the balloon repayment at the end of the finance agreement.

Hope this helps-I'm not specifically disagreeing with you, just refining the point you were trying to make. :)
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

clinton

« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2008, 08:26:31 am »
Roger

Good post :)

craigp

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2008, 09:12:38 am »
I think 13k is a very fair price.

Is a new boxxer not 12k plus vat, this ones barly run in and you got a van on top of that with only 19k.

Unless I have something wrong?

Also knowing the circumstance of the sale going in at the LOW punt some peoples mentioned is an insult and taking advantage.

David_Annable

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2008, 11:11:22 am »
Hi

There is a Boxer 421 approx 1000 hours + Transit 40000 miles in this months NCCA newslink.

There isnt a price.

Dave

PS I have no connection with the sale.
NCCA, Woolsafe, IICRC Leather Cleaning Technician

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2008, 03:46:15 pm »
I don't know about the tax liabilities enough to comment about leasing compared to a loan but both are tax deductable albeit in different ways.

The digging around I did found that a monthly loan repayment was cheaper per month but as for the tax 'complications' it could work out to be better if you lease.

In all honesty my accountant advised me based on figures I showed him that it would be in financial terms about the same and I should chose the one that I was the happiest with.

If you can't pay the loan you are liable but if you can't pay the lease the lease owner takes the TM and van but that is a bit dark and depressing.

Shaun

PS My other hand is waving to people at the back of me, the wand is being hed by my urwfgl1igf1il24fy1i3f (damn keyboard)

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2008, 04:31:34 pm »
I don't know about the tax liabilities enough to comment about leasing compared to a loan but both are tax deductable albeit in different ways.

The digging around I did found that a monthly loan repayment was cheaper per month but as for the tax 'complications' it could work out to be better if you lease.

In all honesty my accountant advised me based on figures I showed him that it would be in financial terms about the same and I should chose the one that I was the happiest with.

If you can't pay the loan you are liable but if you can't pay the lease the lease owner takes the TM and van but that is a bit dark and depressing.

Shaun

PS My other hand is waving to people at the back of me, the wand is being hed by my urwfgl1igf1il24fy1i3f (damn keyboard)

Exactly. I'm glad we are agreed.

Oh it's a wand in front of you Shaun. I thought it was just a funny shaped urwfgl1igf1il24fy1i3f that you were boasting about ;D
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2008, 04:41:02 pm »
I think common sense is the key word, on both occassions ;D

Shaun

derek west

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2008, 04:54:44 pm »
he's either waving or....
he's had to much to drink and is holding himself up against a very big glass wall.
derek

clinton

« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2008, 05:24:52 pm »
Derek

Il go with the second you know what those hard drinking yorkshire men are like :D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2008, 05:32:51 pm »
I don't drink unlike Derek the Viking.

Shaun

clinton

« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2008, 05:53:09 pm »
Same here ::)

jasonl

« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2008, 06:13:48 pm »
12K on h.p. would be 230/month over 3 years with LOMBARD ,They have some cracking deals at the moment I just  bought  a piece of kit, ...non cc for 120k at 2.5% and that was not dealer supported , that was the actual price, if you are confident you have the work there has never been a better time to invest.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

derek west

« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2008, 06:27:03 pm »
that is a cracking deal.
your only paying back £8280. no wonder the banks are damned.
think i'll get me ten of them. ;D
maths not your strong point jason.
or is it a typo?
derek

jasonl

« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2008, 03:09:29 pm »
It was a concrete batching plant 2300/month over 5 years. which means paying back 138k on a 120k loan !  If I were in the market , I would buy that set up at 12k for 230/month on HP over 5 years, and pay it back in 5 , at those low rates there is little point paying it back.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings