Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Whats your tax bill?
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2008, 04:33:29 pm »
my last bill was 9k for the yre :(
that was including class 4 ni.
i also pay vat on the flat rate of around 15k.
so thats 24 k in tax.
i do pay my dues .
i was better off on the ladder with nout but my ladder.
my fellow wc around here vary from paying nothing to similar amounts as me .
i hate paying all this tax ,which is wasted on dole cheats and the like.

it could be worse of coarse.
my last bill was 9k for the yre :(
that was including class 4 ni.
i also pay vat on the flat rate of around 15k.
so thats 24 k in tax.
i do pay my dues .
i was better off on the ladder with nout but my ladder.
my fellow wc around here vary from paying nothing to similar amounts as me .
i hate paying all this tax ,which is wasted on dole cheats and the like.

it could be worse of coarse.

Whats even worse is a dole cheat that cleans windows ----  >:(

Just because someone doesn't pay tax, oh!, Sorry a LARGE amount of tax, doesn't make his a scrounging waste of rations! >:(
I for one have never been on the dole! :)
Never claimed one lousy Cent for being unemployed! :)
I did a business course, maybe some of you should follow suit!
Tax? Tax, sorry LARGE amounts of tax is paid by people who don't know how to run a business... successfully! :-[

Just ask all the (30, I believe!) Billionaires living in Britain at this time!
Do you think they pay tax, oh sorry LARGE amounts of tax?
I will make it simple for you... NO! :P
end of! >:(

Time of the month dear?

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2008, 07:03:18 pm »
The tax office is approx 19 weeks behind in proccessing self assessments at the moment.

I just phoned up to see what i owe and they can't tell me until the end of this month.

Dean Taberner

« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2008, 08:26:04 pm »
The tax office is approx 19 weeks behind in proccessing self assessments at the moment.

I just phoned up to see what i owe and they can't tell me until the end of this month.

Says it all realy :-\
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

Tosh

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2008, 08:27:52 pm »

Dave,

I thought you said you paid £600 a year for an accountant?!!!

Surely he/she should tell you how much you owe? 

I know how much I owe before I submit my tax return; and I work it all out myself!

ronnie paton

« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2008, 08:32:29 pm »

Dave,

I thought you said you paid £600 a year for an accountant?!!!

Surely he/she should tell you how much you owe?

I know how much I owe before I submit my tax return; and I work it all out myself!
i have to say i agree my accountant tells me how much i owe when she has got to me

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2008, 08:42:45 pm »
Tosh

Good point, he never tells me, we always have a chat so know the approx

for £600 i get vat/paye/and self assessment

ronnie paton

« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2008, 09:53:03 pm »
i guess what hes trying to say is a good account will save you a hell of alot anyone and everyone wants to pay less tax and keep more profits for there self.

Accountants no of ways and means, the billionaires will have the best accountants and save a hell of a lot of money.

sageorgeta

« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2008, 09:59:15 pm »
I know it's not much of a comparison,but those billionaires/millionaires who work the system so they pay miniscule amounts of tax comapred to their personal fortunes are imo no better than those who sign on the dole and then work cash in hand....they are both cheats and dont contribute fairly.
The only differance is the big boys hide behind massive companies which the governments make huge taxes from...but their personal fortunes largely remain intact.

Tosh

« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2008, 10:15:10 pm »
He got it wrong, the very rich do pay large amounts of tax, personal and through there businesses.

A billionaire would contribute more tax to the government in a week than the average working man in his lifetime.

Maybe he should go and do another course!

Ewan, since you haven't paid any tax in the past few years, shouldn't you keep out of this post?

Tosh

« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2008, 10:30:46 pm »
Ewan,

I thought this post was about income tax and not about other forms of taxation?

I'm always willing to learn though, and in actual fact I'm currently reading a book on how Medieval Kings raised money to go to war via taxation.  It's an interesting tome too!

But as an accountant once told me, if you don't pay tax, you've earnt sod all money.

« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2008, 10:57:44 pm »
Ewan,

I thought this post was about income tax and not about other forms of taxation?

I'm always willing to learn though, and in actual fact I'm currently reading a book on how Medieval Kings raised money to go to war via taxation.  It's an interesting tome too!

But as an accountant once told me, if you don't pay tax, you've earnt sod all money.

Tosh can you tell me the name of the book please, its a topic I have an interest in too.

matt

« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2008, 11:10:00 pm »
there is some truth in billionaires not paying much tax as non doms or in the case of philip green his wife holds bhs etc and is registered to nice. Branson is here, but many of his businesses operate from foreign bases.

They can also stucture their money differently. Many give much to chairty, but this isn't because they are nice, it's because they are control freaks who beat the system this way.

The current govt (gordon brown) has a deliberate policy of keeping them here and the only way that works is by letting them get away with murder. These people aren't very nice. they tend to have high IQ's, but are as morally bankrupt as the average serial killer.

They mostly don't think they should pay tax because they are the wealth creators, but don't factor in that they operate in a safe and stable (well it was) economy. Or else they consider a few quid for a knighthood or large sum for a uni library named after them and a lordship a better spend all round than just handing it over to the tax man.

For the two historians the knights templars were the boys, absolutely brilliant, they paid no tax because their allegiance was to god. They became the richest men in europe and invented the modern banking system (promissary notes/ cheques).Sheep was the internet of the day, and markets were a good earner too. Many of these clever men are barristers and a secret network still persists.

« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2008, 11:16:31 pm »
And ended up being roasted by the French on Île de la Cité, Jaçques De Molay being the last, fascinating.

They do still exist, as Discount said, but not that secretive in fact ( http://www.templars.org.uk/ )and certainly by no means in the manner that they used to operate, well no crusades these days for starters, more a charitable organisation.

The book The Religion is probably one of the best books Ive ever read, its about the Templars last stand on the island of Malta, totally and entirely engrossing.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2008, 11:22:21 pm »
I haven't done mine yet, but as I'm paying 5K a year on my van that'll be a big chunk off it. ;)

I'm guessing it'll be about 6-700 quid, maybe way less...

« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2008, 11:22:46 pm »
Yes very good matt, they leant money for him to raise armies, a very great deal of money and instead of paying them he had them killed/roasted. Their arrest being on and the origin of friday the 13th.

They still get up to a few naughties and they are quite a force behind the scenes force where i live.(these are not masons)

« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2008, 11:31:29 pm »
Under a grand  ;D ;D

The most my corp tax has ever been was £1300

deantaberner.............. Ever you accountant is pants or your earning a bomb

How much do you turn over P&R?

Dean

Lets say enough to pay a huge mortgage and for the wife to look after the kids at home and drive a nice motor ;)
errrm ::)

« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2008, 11:33:52 pm »
Nice to see you again Ian.

Hope you are well.

Matt

« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2008, 11:37:44 pm »
Nice to see you again Ian.

Hope you are well.

Matt
little brain dead right now, but all will get better soon, cheers Matt  ;)

Chameleon

« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2008, 12:32:43 pm »
The current govt (gordon brown) has a deliberate policy of keeping them here and the only way that works is by letting them get away with murder. These people aren't very nice. they tend to have high IQ's, but are as morally bankrupt as the average serial killer.

I am sorry for not being eloquent enough to put my point across! :'(
The quote above does however seem to do the trick! :P

I am not advocating "Tax evasion" each person should not be a burden to a fellow human being...
Each should drag his own sorry hide to the tanner!  8)
As for being the wrong time of the month... more like wrong time of the year! ;D ;D ;D