Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Aquakleen

Ive got man flu
« on: December 14, 2008, 06:03:33 pm »
...and I am not looking forward to a busy week either!!! Typical I always get ill at this time of year!!

The Great One

Re: Ive got man flu
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 06:41:10 pm »
Hi

Every 2 hours:

15mg Zinc
1000mg Chewable VitC

Every 4 hours add a lemsip

By Wednesday it should of gone.

Regards

Martin 8)

sherco

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 06:55:10 pm »
I take warm natural apple juice with three tsp of honey,plus my daily dose of Echinacea  ;D
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 08:10:51 pm »
or take nothing and it will still be gone by wednesday.
its all in the mind. get on with it, just make sure you clean the slimy bits off the carpet before ya leave.
bloody man flu, save it for the wife, thats what shes there for when you get home.

derek

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 08:15:27 pm »
Try Milk

Milk it for this and milk it for that, if taht doesn't work then try fainting.

Good luck

Shaun

Ricky M

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 10:44:03 pm »
I drink a lemsip with honey and wear a track suit in bed , sweat like hell an feel weak the next day but then its gone
works for me
Ricky
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

clinton

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 10:47:34 pm »
Shaun

If your going to faint dont forget to keep your wallet safe ;)

Dennis

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 10:56:07 pm »
Drink a bottle of whisky, you'll still have a cold but you won't give a toss!  ;D

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 10:59:01 pm »
Someone told me never to take aspirin etc cos the whole point is the body raises your temp to speed up recovery and a lot of meds interfere with this. Not sure how true though.

Just drink fluids and take it easy.

Jim_77

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2008, 02:14:38 am »
Drink a bottle of whisky, you'll still have a cold but you won't give a toss!  ;D

Haha the best advice I've heard in ages :D

Seriously though, avoid hot toddies etc etc... I wouldn't drink any alcohol as it impairs your immune system.

Sherco has the right idea.  Echinacea is the dog's doo-daa's!!!

Now, with most of us here being "blokey" blokes I'd think 90% of guys reading this will think "pah!  herbal medicine what a load of ****"

Well you're wrong!

I have always been the type not to go to the doctor or hospital until I have to be taken in an ambulance... but believe me echinacea works!!

It's quite simply a plant which is crushed and made into a liquid (don't take the tablets or other forms, they are pants).  The way it works is simply by boosting your body's immune system.

It does NOT make the illness magically go away, but what it does do is make the difference between feeing like you want to die and being able to get up in the morning and go out to earn your money.  It's a really weirdfeeling - you know you've got a cold but you just feel normal apart from having to blow your nose or having a cough & phlegm etc.

I haven't had a day off due to illness in the last 5 years since I've been using it.  But you have to remember to get more rest than usual for your body to recover.

Anyone who doesn't enjoy being ill should get some, take one dose several times a week throughout the winter even when you're feeling OK, and when you start to feel like you might be coming down with something, take 3 doses a day until about 5 days after you feel better.

I'll say again, I used to pooh-pooh herbal medicine but echinacea works!  Give it a crack ;)

This is the stuff you need:

www.healthmantra.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3706&zenid=b785a3f1ec61ed2b8e4d1507a391c533

ollie

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2008, 07:59:33 am »
Try your local Chinese medicine shop....most towns have one. My missus has been really ill from flu and her step mum brought her some chinese herb drink thing and within about 9 hours she was feeling a lot better.
ollie

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2008, 09:12:40 am »
Here's an "Uncle Albert" story as my wife would call it, I once went to the ships doctor on the mighty HMS Beaver and said "I think I've got flu"

"Well F***off and come back when you know you've got flu!" he replies.

Half an hour later I went back and said "Doc, I know I have the flu!"

He said "Who do you think you are, the ships f*****g doctor?"

Joe H

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2008, 12:10:08 pm »
Placed an order for some Echinacea purpurea like in the link on Jims post.

Anything worth a shot to try to keep away the dreaded cold.

CATMAN

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2008, 12:44:47 pm »

The flu virus attacks all the main organs in the body, that's why you must rest or it could kill you because it attacks the heart. I've read at least twice in the papers about blokes who have gone jogging with the flu only for the to keel over.

Now I know most will say that's b******s, but I had a guy who worked for me, who would also say "I'll go for a good 12 mile jog to sweat  it out".

My advice was always the same and he used to tell me to f off.

Then one morning I got a call from his wife, he was in hospital after getting chest pains in the night, his son saved his life through quick actions, although his heart had stopped at some point and now had pneummonia, and a permantly damaged heart

Business is important, but  your health is more important,

Regards

Graham

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2008, 03:17:21 pm »
Here's an "Uncle Albert" story as my wife would call it, I once went to the ships doctor on the mighty HMS Beaver and said "I think I've got flu"

"Well F***off and come back when you know you've got flu!" he replies.

Half an hour later I went back and said "Doc, I know I have the flu!"

He said "Who do you think you are, the ships f*****g doctor?"

Brilliant
 ;D ;D ;D
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

clinton

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2008, 04:16:41 pm »
 ;D ;D

John Milnes

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2008, 07:49:12 pm »
went into my local butty shop today and said to the girl behind the counter...how are ya? she said I'v had the flu. I said, man flu?...she says, no...bird flu!  ;D

I thought that was pretty good!  ;D

JandS

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2008, 02:03:52 pm »
Spot on Jim, it really does work.
Started taking it 8 weeks ago, felt a cold coming on 2 weeks ago but all I had was the runny nose without the other symptoms like tiredness and irritability.
Didn't up the dosage either, kept it to 3 x a day and was gone in 3 days.
Was a sceptic like you but this stuff really does work, I use the liquid form and it is quite expensive but it's worth it.

Regards
          John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2008, 02:29:22 pm »
If you think it works then hey worth every penny, but I would have thought if the big pharma companies could cure the common cold they would be on it like a shot cos they are right greedy bstrds.

Why haven't they? Because luckily when they make a pucker medicine they have to test it properly and then they find that the reults don't support any benefit, BUT you can sell it as a herbal remedy no questioned asked. ::)

colin thomas

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2008, 06:12:20 pm »
each to their own but boxing day i felt like s**te, cold, shivering the lot, yesterday had a few too many scotches and went to be early, a lot of sweating and hey ho, today i feel tons better, even managed to do my VAT this morning! i'm not saying that pills don't work but i don't like 'em,

colin
colin thomas