Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: renault traffic wat a pile of ....
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2008, 07:17:04 am »

Look at the cost of a second hand one cheap, ugly & unreliable.

I have to disagree, I don't think Mrs Ewan is that unreliable.

Loser   :-*

;D

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2008, 08:36:02 am »
Cheap? Yeah right.
Mine's worth a mint. ;)

When I change it in 2010 it'll have 15-18k miles and A1 condition.
Worth more than I'll owe on it.
On to the next van... ;)

its not really a good comparison is it? to only have a van for the first 20,000 miles of its life and then start spouting on about its reliability being fine!! ::)

Well I don't know anyone with an old one that's had any problems either. ???

Fiats, Citreons, Peugeots and Transits?
That's a different story...

Steve CM

« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2008, 08:50:39 am »
Cheap? Yeah right.
Mine's worth a mint. ;)

When I change it in 2010 it'll have 15-18k miles and A1 condition.
Worth more than I'll owe on it.
On to the next van... ;)

its not really a good comparison is it? to only have a van for the first 20,000 miles of its life and then start spouting on about its reliability being fine!! ::)

Well I don't know anyone with an old one that's had any problems either. ???

what did i say about blinkered? ;D ;D ;D

try reading this thread there is about 4 or 5 of us for a start ::)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2008, 02:44:13 pm »
Don't know.
Depends what's around, and doesn't put the payments up.

I love the Trafic, but I won't get another one, as I want a new one, not just a replacement exactly the same!

But then there may be a new model even nicer, who knows...

Otherwise, I wouldn't touch anything other than Vito, Transit and a few others.
The rest look boring or cheapo.

edd

« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2008, 08:04:21 pm »
well its in the body shop tomorrow for a look as to what's to be done maybe it might look
like it did in the picture again lol

edd

« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2008, 01:15:01 pm »
just got back and they are doing it between Xmas and the new year so no time lost
trying to get another van sorted as we don't start back until the 2nd jan

Ian_Giles

« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2008, 04:20:10 pm »
I have the Primastar, and so far it has given mostly trouble free motoring, getting up for 40,000 miles now.

You have to bear in mind that there are ten's of thousands of these vans on the road, do you really think that every one is going to have doors falling off or gearboxes failing? Or even a majority of them?

Of course not, most are going to provide mostly trouble free motoring, not all with suffer gearbox failure after 40,000 miles.

Vans traditionally have a hard life, no matter the make or model you have, they will all have problems at some point, some, even though you may lavish no end of loving, gentle care on them will cost you thousands.

You love Trannie's? Great, but I think they look crap! You hate the look of the traffic/vivaro/primastar? Great, but I think they look great  ;D
When I get a van in todays world I don't want just a simple workhorse, I expect an awful lot more, I expect it to drive like a car, I expect it to have a decent sound system, a comfortable cab, huge service intervals, I don't want a box on wheels and I also expect it to be able to deal with the demands my particular job puts on it.

To get all this takes lots of fancy engineering and with all of this fancy engineering comes an awful lot more things that might go wrong.
20 years ago, if I had a problem or a breakdown in my car or van I'd strip it down and rebuild it myself! Nowadays you need a degree in engineering to remove a hubcap!!

No matter the van you get, you may well get a load of expensive problems...you pays your money....

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

NWH

« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2008, 04:27:37 pm »
The thing is Ian these rumours don`t just get started about a van,i know lots of people that have had trouble with them so i know it`s true you might be 1 of the lucky 1`s,we will find out soon enough though as your mileage suggests.

dd

« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2008, 04:42:06 pm »
I remember reading reliability surveys of cars and Vauxhall always came out near the bottom.

The best were always Honda, Toyota and Mazda.

I prefer my van to be relatively simple to minimize the risk of faults. As long as it drives ok, has a CD player and carrys what I need for work and isn't pink I am happy.

(I have Citroen Dispatch 2.0hdi nearly 3 years old, 27k, no probs so far)

kenaltobelli

« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2008, 06:48:45 pm »
fiat doblo great van never get done for speeding in one of these babys and its been reliable
pugnot partner diferent kettle of fish absolute crap pile of sh;; even the first min i got that one
went outside and lo and behold no electrics never buy any thing french again forza italia

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2008, 08:59:04 pm »
Like I said, the AA wouldn't want an unreliable van.
They have to be reliable. ;)

What do they mostly use?
Case closed.

Just jealousy.
I'm right.
Bye. :-*

jaykie

« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2008, 09:07:32 pm »
Clutch just gone on mine, its on 83,000 miles, 52 reg and i took something like this into account thats why i got it £800 cheaper then it was priced up, its booked in for monday and ill pick up Tuesday then back to work on the 5th Jan.

Steve CM

« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2008, 09:10:16 pm »
Clutch just gone on mine, its on 83,000 miles, 52 reg and i took something like this into account thats why i got it £800 cheaper then it was priced up, its booked in for monday and ill pick up Tuesday then back to work on the 5th Jan.

oh another problem. thats a surprise. i never see that one coming!! ;D ;D

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2008, 09:19:12 pm »

Nearly every van of every make will have had a new gearbox by 80,000 when used by tradesmen, so that's another rubbish attempt at stereotyping. ::)

NWH

« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2008, 09:19:19 pm »
Like I said, the AA wouldn't want an unreliable van.
They have to be reliable. ;)

What do they mostly use?
Case closed.

Just jealousy.
I'm right.
Bye. :-*
Squeaky they don`t keep em long enough mate,they ditch it in a couple of years as you know i like the look of them but compared to a new transit the choice is simple.Give your view when you get a few more miles on the clock,I know someone that`s done 80k and had to have a new steering rack,alternator,previous to the rack track rod arms,a new gearbox a new clutch the list goes on but you know what i`m saying.Do you know anyone that has had 1 for 80k and has only had to spend money on servicing and consumables if you do let me know.

jaykie

« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2008, 09:20:20 pm »
I new about the problems the trafic has before i bought it and i wouldnt change it, transits and transporters etc have there probs too, as i spoke too AA bloke and he told me all of them think 1 was the turbo on the vw thats why you see a lot of pics of rac vans broken down with aa vans sorting them as aa had the warranty or something like that,

Chris

Steve CM

« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2008, 09:26:50 pm »

Nearly every van of every make will have had a new gearbox by 80,000 when used by tradesmen, so that's another rubbish attempt at stereotyping. ::)

my transits never ;) but you don't wanna hear that right? ;)

NWH

« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2008, 09:41:34 pm »
A lot depends on how you drive it or thrash it as most do.

« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2008, 09:47:20 pm »
It’s not debatable they have a reputation for being unreliable at a certain point, so where does the reputation come from, could it be the vans go wrong.

What’s unusual it seem to be built in like oil change after so many miles, change battery after three years change tyres after 20k miles change major components after so many miles!

Problem is owners don’t normally expect to change certain things, but it is a real possibility with these vans.

It’s why I never got one, could turn out more expensive, but if you get a good one you could have saved yourself a few grand if you brought used. Still got the worry though.

What did you get?

jaykie

« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2008, 09:49:01 pm »
My lesson learnt and wont be riding the clutch anymore especially with a full tank as this couldnt of helped.