This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve CM

Re: renault traffic wat a pile of ....
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2008, 03:11:45 pm »
and the story continues..... ::)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2008, 03:27:23 pm »
...yawn... ::)

Steve CM

« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2008, 03:45:26 pm »

its funny squeaks. i have a vivaro. you go on like i ain't got one ::) why would i go on about the reliability so much if i didn't know what i was talking about? what mileage has your van got?

drakestar!

« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2008, 04:21:08 pm »
Just got back from the van auctions & 1 of the vivaros went by the door was opened by a guy viewing & it dropped of its hinges! I wouldnt touch 1!
I know that theres not problems with all of these vans but way to many to take a chance on.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2008, 04:23:47 pm »
Just got back from the van auctions & 1 of the vivaros went by the door was opened by a guy viewing & it dropped of its hinges! I wouldnt touch 1!
I know that theres not problems with all of these vans but way to many to take a chance on.

No more than any other vans. ::)
Depends who's owned them.
Mine is mint inside and out.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2008, 04:25:05 pm »

its funny squeaks. i have a vivaro. you go on like i ain't got one ::) why would i go on about the reliability so much if i didn't know what i was talking about? what mileage has your van got?
Obviously your's is well used, so the model is irrelevent.
Any second hand van can give you bother.

Mine?
9000 miles.

Steve CM

« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2008, 04:35:59 pm »

Obviously your's is well used, so the model is irrelevent.
Any second hand van can give you bother.

Mine?
9000 miles.

so about as much mileage as a vicar going to church on a sunday ::) i would expect yours to be reliable, i would be SERIOUSLY worried if i were having trouble at 9000 miles, but don't rule it out eh? ;) i think the evidence is plain to see. of course its all down to the individual but from having 3 transits and 1 vivaro the comparison is no where near for the vivaro unfortunatly. even the guy i bought the vivaro off said they come back to him with problems and the transits don't. maybe i should of had alarm bells ringing then. they do look nice and thats why i went for one. but are tools of the trade suppose to look nice? i think there suppose to just be reliable. so more fool me. all my vans are relatively low miles apart from 1 transit i had, i think, and just no comparison between the 2.

doors falling off, bonnets opening on their own, gears that don't work, alternators failing, head gaskets blowing...the list goes on ::)

Steve CM

« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2008, 04:43:19 pm »
They don’t look nice, and I’m sure they look worse to there owners when they go wrong.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

i disagree, hence why they are so popular cause it ain't the reliability ;D ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2008, 04:45:32 pm »
very nice , only trouble with a nice vehicle like that is , it will bring out the green eyed monster in your custys,

you will also have a harder job justifying price increases.

daz

Not really.  Just tell them you need an increase to help pay for it   ;D

« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2008, 05:14:33 pm »
Did you get your safety recall in the post today?
Apparantly there is a chance the handbrake may release when the vehicle is parked on some Renault Traffics.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2008, 05:33:11 pm »
They don’t look nice, and I’m sure they look worse to there owners when they go wrong.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Wrong actually.
They're popular because they're good vans.

The AA use virtually nothing else.
They need reliability.
I think they'd know... ::)

Just because you bought a lemon don't tar everybody's the same.

Transits are far less reliable.
They always have been.

Steve CM

« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2008, 06:12:35 pm »
squeaky you can underline your words as much as you like mate. ;D you prove to me how blinkered you are. its real entertaining thank you! the amount of professional (did you like my underline? ;)) people i have spoke to about this is overwhelming. besides the aa and bt are taking their vivaros off fleet early due to the amount of problems they've had. but then you don't care cause your blinkers are on!! ;) ;D ;D

rugby

« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2008, 09:07:58 pm »
i have a vauxhall movano ( same as the renualt master) and although its not much more than 4 years old i am going to right it off. the high pressure fuel pump has disintergrated which has knackerd the jets etc etc, and the bill for this will be around £2000 and im just not going throw any more money at this rubbish.

back to transits for me, i will never touch a renualt or vauxhall van ever again  :'(

NWH

« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2008, 09:57:57 pm »
I heard the AA get a mega good deal on them vans that being the main reason they go for them,i have a mate that loves em and only keeps them for 2 years max and then gets anew 1 the only time he`ll hold on a few months is if there bringing out a new 1.He admits the gearboxes are dodgy on them but as he says for the time he keeps them it aint worth worrying about as he`s chooped it in well before any problems start.As for Squeaky wait until you hit the 38-40k mark before you make your mind up.

Steve CM

« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2008, 10:44:45 pm »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

No they are ugly, there popular because they are mass produce for fleet and very cheap, should be reliable for the first few years then large organisation change there fleet, they were never made to last, just to serve a financial business purpose.

Look at the cost of a second hand one cheap, ugly & unreliable.

;D ;D ;D ;D

ok there ugly ::)

« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2008, 11:03:16 pm »

Look at the cost of a second hand one cheap, ugly & unreliable.

I have to disagree, I don't think Mrs Ewan is that unreliable.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2008, 12:16:45 am »
Cheap? Yeah right.
Mine's worth a mint. ;)

When I change it in 2010 it'll have 15-18k miles and A1 condition.
Worth more than I'll owe on it.
On to the next van... ;)

geefree

« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2008, 12:22:51 am »
Squeaks...they do have a bad reputation already though... gearboxes and the like.... you cant deny that....

im happy that you have a good one tho  ;)

alanwilson

« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2008, 01:00:03 am »
I have no experience of the trafic/vivaro/primastar but what I will say is our Expert HDI has 152K miles on the clock and still looks the biz, the transporter is a 174bhp model with about 40k miles on it, never had a problem with either although the VW is obviously a better van.

I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

Steve CM

« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2008, 07:09:58 am »
Cheap? Yeah right.
Mine's worth a mint. ;)

When I change it in 2010 it'll have 15-18k miles and A1 condition.
Worth more than I'll owe on it.
On to the next van... ;)

its not really a good comparison is it? to only have a van for the first 20,000 miles of its life and then start spouting on about its reliability being fine!! ::)