This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

edd

renault traffic wat a pile of ....
« on: December 12, 2008, 10:36:56 pm »
for the second time the side door no .....lets picture the scene first we were
indicating right at a busy junction waiting for a space to pull out. Then a space
and we pulled away only TO SEE the side door cartwheeling behind us for the second time causing a whole lot of damage like you wouldn't believe
This door was closed properly but its not the first time it has opened.I have only
just last week had new fittings on the door to try and cure the problem but this is
the last straw in my opinon

Steve CM

Re: renault traffic wat a pile of ....
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 10:49:18 pm »
the bonnet on my vivaro flung open tonight and smashed my windscreen at 60mph tonight. my worker was lucky he didn't get injured. i keep trying to like these vans but things keep braking on it

edd

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 10:56:44 pm »
Guess what.... had the first mot last fri and they left the bonnet open lucky for us
I spotted it before any damage but 3 hours later but then the exhaust fell off I kid
you not and an hour later the door came off the runners and nearly fell on the floor

Steve CM

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 10:57:14 pm »
You can still like them, doesn’t mean they are any good!

you can't like them when you foot the bill! you tend to hate everything about them ;)

edd

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 10:59:50 pm »
never again transit for me next time or vw

Steve CM

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 11:02:25 pm »
i'm gonna buy vans brand new next time. i don't think it will be a vivaro/renault now at all. they have not filled me with any faith.

i like the new transits my older one is as reliable as they come

edd

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 11:09:54 pm »
yeah and a strange fact  the swb transit is the same size as the lwb traffic
in the back well my pole fits in the swb transit and the same room as my traffic

geefree

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 12:21:22 am »
cant believe what i am reading... doors and bonnets coming off whilst driving  :o :o

i had read that they had trouble with gear boxes, when i was looking for a van.... so glad i chose a transit.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 12:46:00 am »
cant believe what i am reading... doors and bonnets coming off whilst driving  :o :o

i had read that they had trouble with gear boxes, when i was looking for a van.... so glad i chose a transit.

Can't believe it either!!! So dangerous!!!  :o  :o

lol at these new vans, my 11 year old Berlingo hasn't got any problems, or has had any problems, ever!

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 01:37:54 am »
Something wrong with you.

Never had any problems with my Trafic.
Best van by miles.
Waaaaaayyyyy better than any Transit crap. ;) :P

geefree

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2008, 02:30:42 am »
lol... transit crap... they have been around since the 60s, well known for easy to work on.. parts easy available..( not 4 different countrys parts in the engine)... reliable, robust.. the list goes on...

time has told with transits... time will tell with the great pretender...

or has it told already.?

get yer" bonnet "on and leave by the" side "door  ;D ;D ;D

Ian Rochester

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 07:33:49 am »
There are good and bad things about every van, we have a Trafic with 80K on it and it's a lovely van to drive, we also have two Fiat Ducatos each with 50K+ on the clocks which we have had from new with no problems at all.

The Transit is a workhorse and the vehicle of choice for the building trade, however one of my neighbours has a 05 plate Transit and it's got rust spots all over it already.  I see loads of transits that are not very old and covered in rust.

I like the VW but too expensive for what you get and small inside.

Had a look at a Toyota Hiace LWB recently and that looks like a nice van, drives well and has the Toyota build quality, two million asian market stall holders can't all be wrong!!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2008, 07:50:22 am »
Something wrong with you.

Never had any problems with my Trafic.
Best van by miles.
Waaaaaayyyyy better than any Transit crap. ;) :P

If you only drive 20 miles a week you shouldn't get any problems Rog.  :)
Is that right that you've started to get a bit more adventurous and now work three streets away from home?
At least you won't need a satnav.

Londoner

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2008, 07:59:31 am »
lol... transit crap... they have been around since the 60s, well known for easy to work on.. parts easy available..( not 4 different countrys parts in the engine)... reliable, robust.. the list goes on...

time has told with transits... time will tell with the great pretender...

or has it told already.?

get yer" bonnet "on and leave by the" side "door  ;D ;D ;D

The old transits were great but the new ones have lots of problems with the engines. Its something to do with the fact that they had to change the engine when the emissions laws changed. The timing chain jumped the sprockets and wrecked the cylinder head on ours when it was 18months old. Fortunately it was still under warranty otherwise it would have cost thousands. Its a common problem apparantly.

Its not just vans, the new emissions regulations (Euro 3 etc) will cause all current cars and vans to have short engine lives and/or big bills because they are having to run so weak and have complicated engine management systems.

Mr H

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2008, 08:19:09 am »
VW T4 for me.... Ex-AA van so loads of upgrades on it, plus its galvanised so no worries about rust.
Its only 10cm longer and the same width as the new Scudo types but with much more space inside due to the shorter bonnet. It also has a smaller turning circle so great for parking.

Regards
Mr H

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2008, 09:09:15 am »
Mr H

The t4 isnt galvanized, the T5 is, which is one of the reasons it is the best van on the road.

I have got a T4 , a T5 and a merc vito., the T5 is head and shoulders above them all.

STEVE-UK

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2008, 09:24:16 am »
when i used to work for a window cleaning firm we were supplied with new masters, they were alright for the 1st 20-30,000 miles after that the started having problems, like wiring looms, gearbox,3 clutch slave cylinders,power steering,sliding doors

im out for a new van at the mo,i am only considering , transits & vw,but when you see the price of masters/movano i can help feeling tempted,the savings will soon be easily swallowed up if it needs a new gearbox etc :-\

tomy jackson

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2008, 09:31:25 am »
hiace and they use them con verted miny bus as taxys as well. toy hilux its got same engine box, ext . and clarkson failure as he cud not destoy it so wot chane do window cleaers have of wrecking one , if thers a confict in the the world they all driving  hilux or landcrusers , if toy wos unreliable thay woodent be useing them

scud

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2008, 09:35:44 am »
  All deisels now run the CDI (or similar named) system to meet Euro 4 Standards.

The high pressures that theses sytems run at will cause problems on all makes, some makes it happens earlier.

Mercedes are notorious.

All vehicles will have problems of some nature, there are alot of parts to a vehicle, some are going to fail at some time or other, doesn't make it any more easy to accept when it happens though.

Luck plays a major part in ownership of any vehicle, but you can cut the odds down by going for a Japanese vehicle, as for VW and Merc, I have had many problems both with cars and vans from these manufacturers (inclusive of Audi and Skoda)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2008, 10:40:29 am »
There plenty of general information about quality and reliability of different vans on CIU, magazines, internet, television and reputation etc.

There’s usually not much difference in price when you consider how long you are going to keep the van, but people will still try and save a few thousand pounds at the start and get a van that will last them years but will cost more in time and money throughout ownership.

Unless you have lots of surplus cash you shouldn’t even consider buying a van based on how you think it looks or whether you get cup holders, AC and CD player etc. It works and gets you to work without worry is the first thing to consider.

Besides being one of the most unreliable vans on the road, Primastar. Traffic and Vivaro they look rubbish. People who think they are reliable most probably think they look good, goes hand in hand.

Fact is if you have a closer look at them, they look rubbish   ;D
Whatever... ::)

Envious? Have a Fiat have we? ;D