This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

niceandclean

Re: Window cleaning down under???
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2008, 10:14:54 pm »
Give Australia House in London a call.

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2008, 10:15:42 pm »
http://www.awcf.org.au/

They got WFP over there

Wagtails are Australian.

mr D

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2008, 10:56:25 pm »
ok i've binned the idea ofgoing down under,

any one know much about france??? ;D

been looking at Nontron on the net.

geefree

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2008, 12:19:15 am »
I think you really need to think this through, do a lot of research, discuss everything .. with all your family and friends,

take all their advice on board, then start looking at your potential,

then ask yourself  lots and ots of questions , will you get home sick, will you adapt?.... will you be a success in a strange foreign land?

will you miss the great British Weather?

personally, i would make a point of holidaying in the country i would most like to live..... and go for one month.

That would decide it for me.

if i liked what i saw and felt in that month, i would  take further steps, but not drastic ones...

feel your way through....

Londoner

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2008, 07:10:57 am »
If you go, where ever you go, don't burn your bridges so you can't return. My friend Gordon has a place in Spain which he has had for years but has never lived there full time.

He always says that most Brits who go out there to live end up returning back to Britain after a few years but a growing number get trapped out there because they can't sell up or their places are now worth so much less than they paid for them.

Polewash

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2008, 11:19:42 am »
Hi  Dean and all on here.

I live in Perth and I'm not doing window cleaning. I was going to when I joined this forum but had a few health issues and decided not to. I am in the service industry Satellite TV so it still involves climbing ladders etc  ;D ;D. Its a good forum and I like to see what the guys are getting up to.

I travel quite a bit around Perth and see very few window cleaners. The ones I do see are in crummy old vans or estate cars and don't look very professional. There is one fairly large house close to where I live that I've seen a WC at a few times. He uses  a trailer and has a huge DI unit in the back. By the way the water is very hard in Perth my TDS is over 400 from the tap. WC is not like the UK and it would be done more like  once or twice a year. There are now lots of 2 storey houses and I think WFP but work well apart from the fly screens. The other thing is the weather gets very hot between November and April up to 40C+. I'm not sure how WFP goes in really hot conditions. I'm a bit sorry I'm too old to give it a serious go. I'm only 49 but have a lot of pains in back, neck, hands etc. Oh to be 10 years younger.

On migrating out here as a WC I think it would be impossible. You would need a spouse with a very much sought after job and you just tag along. Plus it  take ages to get it all through.  The economy is just slowing down here now but we are much better off than other parts of the world. We moved here 20 years ago from Ireland and Perth is a great place to live. My wife is an accountant and we came out on her qualifications and even then it took 15 months for the visas to come through. I see from one of your later posts you have changed your mind and are looking at France  ;D.

One thing about Australia is that its a long way to travel to and from. You just can't go back home for the weekend. Its quite cheap to live here but house prices have jumped by about double in the past 5 years. If any of you guys are looking for jobs etc in OZ. Have a look at this site and see what's available. I don't think you will find many for WC's. ::) ::) www.seek.com.au

John

sageorgeta

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2008, 12:20:01 pm »
John where are you located in perth.
My family live in ballajura,the lakes estate.I used to live in sawyers valley up in the hills near mundaring.
 :)

Polewash

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2008, 12:43:26 pm »
John where are you located in perth.
My family live in ballajura,the lakes estate.I used to live in sawyers valley up in the hills near mundaring.
 :)

Hi

I live near Karrinyup, only 5 mins from the beach. I know Ballajura, haven't been there much work wise as they have cable in that part of Ballajura not satellite. Its nice around the lakes. I like the Hills area, just a bit of a worry with the bush fires. Very cold summer so far, we even had rain today. I 'm off camping for Xmas down to Busselton, hope it warms up.

Did you like Perth. I wonder why you went back to UK???

John