This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

Van Life
« on: December 07, 2008, 09:13:25 am »
How long do you intend to run your vans? One of my customers is an electrician and he runs his for ten years at a time. As long as it starts in the morning that's all that matters to him. He said it gets to the stage where it's worth more money to him than anyone else. He's never short of work and doesn't have them signwritten.

pingu

Re: Van Life
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 09:25:00 am »
My van is about 10 years old and if I can get another 2 years from it..I'll be a happy bunny...trouble is that I do not owe anyone any money for it and wif I get a new van I'll end up with payments whichis just another payment/bill going out.

Dave.

dave0123

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 11:31:08 am »
Mines 5 years old ive only had it for 2 years.

I will keep using it until its life is over and packs in aslong as the body work looks respectable and doesnt start costing too much in parts.
Dave.

ok cleaning

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 11:36:45 am »
mine is just over a year old and i will hopefully change it when i finish paying for it in three years time :)

R.V.A Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 11:37:17 am »
Both of my vans are 10yrs old (nissan 2.3D) one has  done 65.000miles the other 61.000miles, so i'm hoping to have them for another 10yrs at least ;D
In the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king

scud

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 12:23:54 pm »
  While they cost less to run than the cost of a new one it makes sense to keep.
  I have just had a new one on a 4 year lease as my last one, which was all paid for, started playing up with non-starting and big repair bills which was costing me in time, lost earnings and repair bills, so I had rid.
  Will have a new one agian when this lease runs out, that way I always (hopefully!!) have a reliable van.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 12:41:48 pm »
Mine will be six years old in February.  I will be running it until October 2010 at earliest because that's when the loan for it will be paid off.  It will be getting on for 8 years old then.  I would like to give myself a payment free year before getting the next one so may run it till late 2011.  Might make that September 2011 as my accounting year ends in the October.  Not certain but I think a September change would give me a start on the capital allowance a year earlier than waiting a few extra weeks.

dd

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 02:42:47 pm »
Seems to me when vehicles get to about 7 years old major bills are more likely. Nowadays if you need to change the exhuast it is a few hundred quid for a new "cat". Would rather spend the money on a new van and have a reliable vehicle.

pjulk

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 12:37:48 am »
My transits 10 years old i have had it 3 years 63000 on the clock reliable as anything i'm hoping to keep it another year or two.

Dean Aspects

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 08:17:12 pm »
I have a 5year old Transit 54k on the clock had it about 6 months plan on keeping it for 5 years or until the repair costs are too high i dont owe any money on it so no monthly payments to make just start saving a little money every week and get a newer vehicle when i have enough money for the van i want