Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark f

what pump for ro do you use?
« on: December 06, 2008, 05:42:42 pm »
after not getting a response to my low water pressure thread ill try again!

What pump for your system do you use??

ESpecially those that use an ro-man system. Thanks for your help!

Re: what pump for ro do you use?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 06:20:38 pm »
I have been in recent e-mail communication with RO Man regarding a pump for RO production. They have one for sale on their e-bay site, but it isnt suitable for continual use, its intended for aquarium hobbyists; however they are out of stock of those they'd suggest are better suited for window-cleaners (round the clock use).

When they are back in stock they'll be posted on this page http://www.ro-man.com/shop/index.php/cPath/28

niceandclean

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 06:32:36 pm »
I have been in recent e-mail communication with RO Man regarding a pump for RO production. They have one for sale on their e-bay site, but it isnt suitable for continual use, its intended for aquarium hobbyists; however they are out of stock of those they'd suggest are better suited for window-cleaners (round the clock use).

When they are back in stock they'll be posted on this page http://www.ro-man.com/shop/index.php/cPath/28

I use there heavy duty pump as i have low pressure, never had a problem with it.

alanwilson

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 11:16:59 pm »
no good for someone with one of the smaller 100/200/300gpd ro's, far too much flow, the pump will keep switching off
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

ftp

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 09:41:25 am »
I bought one of them for about £70 and was told it was no good for continuous use, the alternative was a £250 one. That was two years ago and the small pump has been fine so far with a 300gpd unit.

mark f

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 04:56:23 pm »
oh good thats reassuring. i heard you may be able to fit a timer to switch it off every 4 hours for 15 minutes which is enough for it to cool down.

ftp

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 05:04:40 pm »
I bought mine from Ro-man it looks very similar to the ebay ones but could be higher spec because it was more expensive? But after i bought it i found out it was not for continuous use. The advice i had was to turn it off every hour for ten minutes. I never have and usually run it all day long with no problems - i don't run it at night though because it has no cut out when the tank is full although i have a valve that shuts the water off the pump keeps running.

mark f

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 07:28:05 pm »
out of interest what was it listed on ebay as?? thanks

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 07:32:59 pm »
This is the e-bay link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200278700104&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT they told me it wasnt really up to being used continually, Im waiting til the others come in, when they appear on the page link in my earlier post they'll be in stock.

ftp

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2008, 09:42:02 pm »
Wonder why it's got a two pin plug attatched? Best give ro-man a call and ask for advice perhaps.

mark f

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 04:54:59 pm »
i saw the one on ebay. It says its for a 50-75 gpd system. Surely it wouldnt make a difference if used on a 300gpd system wouldit?

So long as it boosts the psi then all is good?

Ill just fit a timer to rest the pump every few hours