Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Majestic

Call out charge
« on: November 09, 2003, 01:44:27 am »
One of my  shop customers phoned me on my day off and asked if I could go round and clean one of her shop windows as someone had left a curry on it . I explaned that I did not work at the weekend , but she pleaded with me as I was not due to clean them again for a couple  of days and they looked a mess. So softie that I am I went and cleaned them .Now  how much would you charge , would you just charge for the 1 window ,or the one window plus a call out charge ,taking into account that it is a good paying job , and I get a brew as well  8)

john_archer

Re: Call out charge
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2003, 03:14:34 am »
John,
        i'd let this one go n bung on next time, if there was a next time for a special call out.You were gonna clean it soon anyway.
John Archer
Premier Uk Services.

STEVE71163

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2003, 10:50:11 am »
I have had this a few times over the years but i have just charged the normal amount and just put it down to one of those things that are sent to try us ;D

Steve

simonb

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2003, 12:21:41 pm »
Ive had this.
The best solution is to say 'I wont charge you but if you would like to make a donation I won't say no'

STEVE71163

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2003, 12:23:35 pm »
Hi Simon,
             So you dont charge the normal amount for the shop :o

Steve

Majestic

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2003, 10:31:35 pm »
I think I  will just  tell them to buy me a drink at xmas  8)

vwm

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 01:05:09 pm »
all depends on the customer i say i had one phone me up one day saying if i could come up and clean her conservatory as i cleaned it the day before and it tipped down and make it look a mess. i already knew it was her daughters wedding so i went out first thing sat. normal price was £35 including con and she only wanted the con redone, any way took 1/2 hour to do and after i just said hope today goes well then she gave me £50.  in a way iam glad i just said what i did cus i would have never of dreamt of what she gave me  ;D.

we have for the last 2 years now offer a 24 hour service where a customer can call and we will clean their windows but for this service we charge £100 min and have had two to date 

Majestic

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 01:10:25 pm »
Its good to see people do look back at old posts

steve k

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 03:21:14 pm »
nearly 4 years old this post...!!! :o

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 06:03:45 pm »
You could have at least resolved it with an answer John. What you didn't charge her and she dropped you, or looked after you at christmass and you still have her.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 06:32:52 pm »
I had a custy pay me £20 without me asking, when the usual rate was £10, because I went on an off week to clean off half dozen eggs folowing halloween a couple of years back. It was nice that they appreciated the extra time I took out to go and do it without me asking. However, I've found that an awful lot will use you if you give them half a chance.

Majestic

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 06:54:20 pm »
If I remember she offered to pay me , but being the gent that I am refused. She pays monthly, she did give me a good drink at Xmas though . I still clean her windows, and both her daughters

xxmattyxx

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 09:00:00 pm »
I took yesterday off as I'd done my work for the week and got a call at about 11am from one of my customers.

She'd locked herself out and wanted to know if I could go over and help her out as one of her upstairs windows was open.

The round trip is 35 miles.

I know a lock-smith would charge a packet to sort it out for her, call out Id imagine from one of those guys would start about £75.00

I wasn't sure what to suggest, but when I got there I was up the ladder and she was back inwithin 60 seconds. So I was thinking.......hmmm, I dunno £20.00??

She is a babe too  ;D  ;D gorgeous actually.

Anyway she asked what I wanted  :o   ::) ooer missus, and said 20 would be okay despite the the round trip  ;D  ;D  ;D but she coughed up 30.

So that was nice  ;D

vwm

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2007, 10:15:44 pm »
I took yesterday off as I'd done my work for the week and got a call at about 11am from one of my customers.

She'd locked herself out and wanted to know if I could go over and help her out as one of her upstairs windows was open.

I know a lock-smith would charge a packet to sort it out for her, call out Id imagine from one of those guys would start about £75.00

I wasn't sure what to suggest, but when I got there I was up the ladder and she was back inwithin 60 seconds. So I was thinking.......hmmm, I dunno £20.00??

Anyway she asked what I wanted  :o   ::) ooer missus, and said 20 would be okay despite the the round trip  ;D  ;D  ;D but she coughed up 30.

So that was nice  ;D

didnt payment in kind come to mind lol ;D

xxmattyxx

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2007, 11:17:22 pm »

So that was nice  ;D

didnt payment in kind come to mind lol ;D

Yessssss !!  ;D  ;D

Window shopping causes fewer problems though......unfortunately.

Londoner

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2007, 08:02:46 am »
I think you have seriously underestimated the cost of an emergency callout from a locksmith. My neighbour over the road works for Greater London Locksmiths and they charge about £350. I often hear his van starting up in the early hours when he is on call.
Those of you who are looking for a lucrative sideline should look at locksmithing. There are training courses you can go on and its big money. Most of the time its an insurance company that pays the bill.

Majestic

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2007, 01:20:08 pm »

http://www.locksmiths.co.uk/

Price for a weeks course
General Locksmithing Course £1,268.75 inc VAT £1,445.00 inc VAT

xxmattyxx

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2007, 08:40:36 pm »
Its not always about money.