Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

michael edgar

DIY HOT WATER SYSTEM
« on: December 04, 2008, 11:04:08 am »
Hi People

I have DIY Reach and Wash System (cold) but I am looking a hot system.  Is there any companies in the UK which can supply these systems or just extra fixings. 

Thanks

Michael

Re: DIY HOT WATER SYSTEM
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 01:08:58 pm »
How can you have a DIY Reach & Wash system? Reach & Wash is Ionics trademark :P

Try the search feature, HOT has been mention many times.

More likely to get replies by filling out your profile details etc btw.   ;)

williamx

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 02:44:49 pm »
Also DIY means you are sourcing and making your own system, looking for company that already supplys complete hot water systems is not DIY. ::)

matt

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 05:16:55 pm »
Hi People

I have DIY Reach and Wash System (cold) but I am looking a hot system.  Is there any companies in the UK which can supply these systems or just extra fixings. 

Thanks

Michael

I have been looking into the possibility of supplying propane gas powered on demand hot water systems using tankless water heaters and have spoken to Calor gas themselves about rules and regs that apply.

It's OK to carry LPG fuels in a van but that's it. Plumbers etc can carry them from job to job but must then take the container OUT of the vehicle before it is connected to any appliance that it runs.

If it is to be connected to any appliance used inside a vehicle it MUST be housed in a totally sealed compartment with access to if from the OUTSIDE of the vehicle only. This means that you need to build a totally gastight enclosure within the vehicle to stop any leakage at all from getting into the inside of the vehicle. In practice this means having doors to the gas bottle compartment on the outside of the vehicle. You MUST NOT be able to get to the bottle from the inside.

E.G. caravans, motorhomes, mobile catering units either have housings outside to carry the bottles or doors that have to be opened from the outside to get to the bottle.. Also any installation would at the very least have to be inspected and signed off by a Corgi registered plumber.

I was investigating this as an option to add hot to systems at a good price but after getting the information re regulations I won't be offering it.

For those that have already fitted their own systems like these I would seriously urge you to check the legalities out yourselves.

What I have posted above is based on the results of my own research and therefore cannot be considered as definitive.

I really did like the idea but it's a no go for me as a suppler.  :(

Andrew

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 05:45:23 pm »
I know what you are saying NWH

For anyone else please don't get the intention of my post wrong.

I don't have anything at all against DIY and have no axe to grind because I don't supply hot water systems.

Far from bad mouthing it I honestly really liked the idea of a very well priced hot water option for those that wanted it from a supplier. As stated what I have said is based on the research that I have done from a suppliers point of view and so far it just doesn't look viable as a low cost option.

If my research has come up with wrong info then I apologise. I did speak directly to Calor about this. Not a receptionist or the like it was someone in their tech department who gave me the info.

Some interesting reading can be found here  www.bcga.co.uk/preview/publications/L12005.pdf

Andrew.

The Seven Bays Window Cleaning Company

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 06:02:36 pm »
Hi People

Thanks

Michael

I have been looking into the possibility of supplying propane gas powered on demand hot water systems using tankless water heaters and have spoken to Calor gas themselves about rules and regs that apply.

It's OK to carry LPG fuels in a van but that's it. Plumbers etc can carry them from job to job but must then take the container OUT of the vehicle before it is connected to any appliance that it runs.

If it is to be connected to any appliance used inside a vehicle it MUST be housed in a totally sealed compartment with access to if from the OUTSIDE of the vehicle only. This means that you need to build a totally gastight enclosure within the vehicle to stop any leakage at all from getting into the inside of the vehicle. In practice this means having doors to the gas bottle compartment on the outside of the vehicle. You MUST NOT be able to get to the bottle from the inside.

E.G. caravans, motorhomes, mobile catering units either have housings outside to carry the bottles or doors that have to be opened from the outside to get to the bottle.. Also any installation would at the very least have to be inspected and signed off by a Corgi registered plumber.

I was investigating this as an option to add hot to systems at a good price but after getting the information re regulations I won't be offering it.

For those that have already fitted their own systems like these I would seriously urge you to check the legalities out yourselves.

What I have posted above is based on the results of my own research and therefore cannot be considered as definitive.

I really did like the idea but it's a no go for me as a suppler.  :(

Andrew

Your right Andrew a customer of mine pointed it out, that the gas bottled legally should be placed out of the vehicle.

Although I have really enjoyed using hot water  - it does cleana lot easier, and a all together more enjoyable experience. I'm starting to think ecomonically that it may work out too expensive to run. Gas isn't cheap, and I find I'm using quite a bit more than expected.

I had a problem with my heater, and so have reverted back to cold water. Apart from the hoses feeling like cable, and the ' slipperly glide' that hot water gives - the cleans are just as good, just not as easy as with hot.

I think I may be conveting back to cold water again soon.
THE SEVEN BAYS WINDOW CLEANING COMPANY

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 06:49:30 pm »
Has anyone got a Ionics system , where is there gas fitted .

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 06:58:46 pm »
Has anyone got a Ionics system , where is there gas fitted .

Ionics is diesel isn;t it?

matt

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 06:59:40 pm »
My gas bottle is housed in a bespoke made holder fitted right around it and it is secured to the tank frame,i don`t mean you Andrew but i was just waiting for some other suppliers to come on here and bad mouth it.You wait until the next issue of the mag that comes out telling you the risks involved in carrying gas in your vehicle,once certain manufacturers find out you can go hot for less than £200 they`ll be having kittens.The exact same thing has been discussed on here about dodgy DIY tank fitting.

quick, you might get a job with them, it'll silence you  ;) ;)

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 08:08:58 pm »
There is an alternative to gas or diesel heaters. ;D

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008, 08:18:47 pm »
I would indeed. Free heat, no running costs. Plan to fit one inside my van tank now I've got the bits I've been seeking.

Dave Turley

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2008, 08:33:58 pm »
IMO cold does not clean as good and the windows in some cases dry so quickly you have to remember whether you`ve done them or not,if you buy an adapter you can fill your bottle from a LPG pump at a garage and it`s less than half the price of buying another full bottle.A 6kg bottle will need about 13ltrs and it will be full again,a new bottle full will cost you £17 but if you fill from the pump it will cost about £8 and last about a couple of weeks used most of the day,the adapter is £30.

ahy info/link please? sounds useful!

Trotsky

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2008, 08:41:10 pm »

Can you really get done (sued) for using the term "Reach & Wash"  ::)
What about...

"reach & wash"
"Wash & Reach"
"Reach and Wash"
or "Reach Clean & Wash" (which I've seen used!)

So I can't write on my literature ...using latest Reach & Wash technology... ??? :o

I call my "Vax" carpet cleaner a "Hoover"!
If I advertised it as a "Vax, hoover" would I be breaking trades descriptions? :'(
Thousands of hoovers, thousands of names... only one job! :-\ :-\

matt

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2008, 08:42:18 pm »

Can you really get done (sued) for using the term "Reach & Wash"  ::)
What about...

"reach & wash"
"Wash & Reach"
"Reach and Wash"

So I can't write on my literature ...using latest Reach & Wash technology... ??? :o

If I advertised it as a "Vax, hoover" would I be breaking trades descriptions? :'(

;D ;D dont open that can or worms  ;D ;D

oh go on then, its allways a good un  ;)

ftp

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2008, 09:01:07 pm »
I saw Ionix on a van (probably on here). I'm thinking of having On-me-pole Clutter Vac put on the van.  ;D

niceandclean

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2008, 09:14:32 pm »
I saw Ionix on a van (probably on here). I'm thinking of having On-me-pole Clutter Vac put on the van.  ;D
;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2008, 09:18:14 pm »
How about:-

Ionyx Reech & Wosh?  ;D

It's a game of three halves!

Trotsky

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2008, 09:19:55 pm »
I saw Ionix on a van (probably on here). I'm thinking of having On-me-pole Clutter Vac put on the van.  ;D

What about...

"reach & wash"
"Wash & Reach"
"Reach and Wash"

;D ;D dont open that can or worms  ;D ;D

oh go on then, its allways a good un  ;)

;D ;D ;D
I read this some time ago and changed my wording from
...using latest Reach & Wash technology... to...
...using Water Fed Pole (WFP) technology...

I might even be wrong using that term.... Aaghhhhhh  :-\ :-\ ::) ???

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2008, 09:41:59 pm »

What about...

"reach & wash"
"Wash & Reach"
"Reach and Wash"

Hoover is a trademark its self, however its now become a known word for a vacuum.